NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

This means if you send Zoroark out with Hitmonchan second in your party, it will appear as a Hitmonchan, your opponent will try and use Psychic, and it will fail!

Wouldn't that depend on which Hitmonchan the opponent targets?

This thing in the middle:

ohasuta2.jpg

looks a bit like an evolved/deformed Nosepass to me:

nosepass.png

NOSES EVERYWHERE!

No way, totally looks like Carvanha (although he already has an evo and is a fish) but that is fine.

318.png

I thought it looked like a rock with some red rocks growing out of it...

Wouldn't that depend on which Hitmonchan the opponent targets?

Not in single battles

Not in single battles

I see what you mean now, so in a double battle, if it's sent out second it'll take place of whatever's first etc.

What's the point of it if it's going to be, practically, a reverse Ditto?

I see what you mean now, so in a double battle, if it's sent out second it'll take place of whatever's first etc.

What's the point of it if it's going to be, practically, a reverse Ditto?

I believe that in a double battle, it'll take the form of the Pokémon in position 3. We see a double battle with Zorua & Zoroark but Zoroark is in the form of Hihidaruma, which is obviously in position 3 (we don't know what Zorua had been as it was already damaged in the video). For Triple Battles, it'll probably be #4

Edited by Serebii

Triple battles? Double Battles are still underused never mind triple battles. I'm guessing moves like Earthquake's and Surf's power will be cut by 3. Triple battles will be really quick paced since your using half your team right off the bat.

Does Zoroark keep his own moves while transformed or does he take on the copied Pokemon's moves?

So yeah, four Pokémon got leaked in beta art earlier this week, with some new anime characters, we thought it was fake, but the new anime character got revealed today so

koromori.pngunknown1.pngunknown2.pngunknown3.png

So yeah, four Pokémon got leaked in beta art earlier this week, with some new anime characters, we thought it was fake, but the new anime character got revealed today so

koromori.pngunknown1.pngunknown2.pngunknown3.png

THE NEW ANIME CHARACTER IS BLACK?

OH HO HO HO, THE RACE ISSUE CONTINUES.

I'm buying White cause that is my skin colour.

unknown3.png

Judging by the dorsal scales shape, the grass starter will turn into Godzilla!!

I'm buying White cause that is my skin colour.

Nope. That's a photocopy issue, unless Ash is suddenly black too

Nope. That's a photocopy issue, unless Ash is suddenly black too

Aww damn, that would have made the situation entirely awkward in America, where racial issues are looked into far too much.

Surprised they aren't using Black for the main female protagonist though, then again I think they may have finally saw the possible issues with showing too much legs in a children's cartoon show.

What the hell is with the anime character? She looks like a banshee.

Pokemon Black & White Anime

261db14.jpg

ddm5qf.jpg

Game Staff Info

They're listed under "Pokemon Design." They come up with the ideas. They decide which ones are the best, and refine them. Then, Sugimori-san draws those designs. In the first gen, it was a group of four (Sugimori-san being one of them), and Tajiri-san's role in creating the monsters was basically to approve them, and suggest changes after the basic ideas were being designed. He's the only one under "Director" and "Game Design" which means that he was in charge of pulling everything together and the overall experience of playing the game.

Nowadays... well, the truth is that in R/S, Masuda-san took over. Ever since R/S/E, Tajiri-san has not been working on the games at all. He's listed as "Executive Director" in most games. What does this mean? "Ex. Director" is a fancy way of saying "this is the original creator, he approved this game but was not an active part of development." Occasionally he's listed as an "Ex. Producer" which, from what I can gather, means he funded it but was still not an active member in developing it. Finally, in Pokemon Rumble (surprisingly enough), only Sugimori-san and Masuda-san are listed in the credits as "advisors" for the spin-off game. Tajiri-san is not listed at all.

So, he's not really putting his mind into the monsters anymore. However, there is another part of why the monsters look different. The "Pokemon Design" of D/P/Pt was held by thirteen people. Ten of these people did not work on R/G's mons; Morimoto-san (he's the guy who put Mew into the game) also stopped doing monster design during D/P/Pt. What does this mean? The people coming up with the ideas are, mostly, different each Gen. R/S hired a ton of people, and that's why Gen III's style was so different. B/W has also hired more people (GF was recruiting graphic designers - remember? They're usually the ones in charge of monster design too) so the designs will be very different.

TLDR; version: The main reason why the B/W mons look weird is because the design team has some new people on it. Also, Tajiri-san hasn't worked on the games for a looooong time (G/S). Thus, the reason why Gen III and Gen IV looked so different from Gen I and Gen II. And now Gen V is going to be very different as well.

Fanart:

fx78ec.jpg

Edited by Dante

Well its safe to assume they won't look anywhere near as awesome as those. :p

I don't know why people make such a big deal over the designs. new stuff is needed, why must people continue to live in the past

it's such a shame that those evolution drawings are only fan art.

they look stunning...

I like how the water and grass ones go through complete changes and the fire one just...gets bigger.

I don't know why people make such a big deal over the designs. new stuff is needed, why must people continue to live in the past

Bring back Early Edition!

I believe that in a double battle, it'll take the form of the Pokémon in position 3. We see a double battle with Zorua & Zoroark but Zoroark is in the form of Hihidaruma, which is obviously in position 3 (we don't know what Zorua had been as it was already damaged in the video). For Triple Battles, it'll probably be #4

So it's still just a reverse Ditto?

So it's still just a reverse Ditto?

No. Ditto actually takes the form, stats, type, capture rate, attacks etc. of the Pokémon it transforms into. It also remains in that form after a hit

Zoroark just takes the name and appearance in an attempt to trick its foes. It loses its illusion when it is hit.

KFC is now the new shopping area in black and white