NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

Can someone remove the Geordie propaganda from the thread title, please?

Just be prepared for a WarpCore Breach

I've heard that complaint so many times for so many Pokémon

Doesn't make it less true.

It's a fact that some Pokemon look good, and have been designed/drawn well, and others haven't.

Its like the age old "The Simpsons hasn't been good since [arbitrary number] season" moan that occurs every time someone mentions the simpsons on the internet.

since season 10 and that's true!!, just like the argument for sonic games not being high quality since sonic and knuckles.

it doesn't take a genius to see when something has fallen

That being said it's not the case with pokemon, it's mostly just silly nostalgia getting in the way.

Doesn't make it less true.

It's a fact that some Pokemon look good, and have been designed/drawn well, and others haven't.

That's so objective though, there's a lover for every pokemon, even bidoof.

There's only one Pokémon I dislike. The rest all seem to fit, but one Pokémon I despise

326.png

SATAN'S PIG

Grumpig is awesome TBH.

I lolled when I read your Pokemon of the Day of it though :p

Nicely played Tellyn. :smile:

TEAM GRUMPIG UNITE!

He is intense and my staple psychic pokemon on Emerald got me through some tough spots. :D

Grumpig just sits in my head as the epitome of things wrong with Gen III

He evolves from Spoink, the pig on a spring! It's slightly disturbing when you read into it though; if Spoink stops bouncing, it goes into cardiac arrest and dies.

The epitome of things wrong with Gen III are Wurmple and Luvdisc and you know it!

Metagross is the epitome of what was right.

Grumpig just sits in my head as the epitome of things wrong with Gen III

Which are?

Everything

The game felt rushed

The region sucked

The designs were uninspired

The areas aren't memorable, there's way too much water and it's just generally dull

RS almost knocked out my love of the franchise.

FRLG kept me hanging on.

DP brought my love back

Fuck this subjectivity argument. I'm so bored.

It's quite clear some things are better than others.

But in this case it really is subjective. It all comes down to the way the game is experienced. Personally, I found the areas to be much more atmospheric than any of the other games, and found exploring the ocean to be one of the most enjoyable parts of the game.

I just hate the actual gameplay of Pokemon, because it's so repetitive. And there's some aspects which I think are particularly badly designed. The distribution of pokemon for instance. It's no fun battling the same 3 pokemon over and over again. Also the fact you can only have 4 moves - there's no incentive to use the jokey, alternative moves, when you could just end the boringly repetitive battles by using a "crutch move". Also, the fact it takes so long to use a HM because a shitty sprite coming up on the screen. The sprites in general are pretty shite. The mere fact you need an HM slave pisses me off - the idea that you have to catch a slave to progress, when it feels far more stunning to concisely only have 1 pokemon. The fact it makes no sense that the wild pokemon, trainers and gym leaders just happen to get more difficult as your journey progresses [What happens to people whose hometown is towards the end of your journey? They just get raped everytime they enter long grass?]. The fact the starter Pokemon never(/rarely, because I think they appear in the trophy garden?) appear in the wild, why would the professor hand out something so preciously rare to a shit child? Also, the fucking tediousness of the Pokemon centre. General tediousness and shiteness of the dialogue. Really uninspiringly written in general.

The idea of the game stuns, and some aspects blow me, but generally in practice its just handled so shittly. As though theres a sense of "the first games were successful, so lets just regurgitate them with similar but different stuff." There's very little progression. Even the 3-D isn't that special [i genuinely prefer 2-D in this case].

----

Zangoose feels the most digimony of all the pokemon. And the fact that its name is random/feels Japanese, and there's no obvious derivation ruins the whole feel. Fucking hate Zangoose.

But then, for every shit one, theres at least 3 stunners, so you learn to deal with life.

[/rant. Might be negative, but feels justified]

since season 10 and that's true!!, just like the argument for sonic games not being high quality since sonic and knuckles.

it doesn't take a genius to see when something has fallen

That being said it's not the case with pokemon, it's mostly just silly nostalgia getting in the way.

As someone from The Simpsons said (it may even be Brad Bird...or it may not, I forget): "To people who say 'The Simpsons isn't as good as it was twenty years ago' I say 'are you as good as you were twenty years ago?'"

The fact it makes no sense that the wild pokemon, trainers and gym leaders just happen to get more difficult as your journey progresses [What happens to people whose hometown is towards the end of your journey? They just get raped everytime they enter long grass?].

That's a generic complaint you could have about all RPGs. Its a necessary trope.

The fact the starter Pokemon never(/rarely, because I think they appear in the trophy garden?) appear in the wild, why would the professor hand out something so preciously rare to a shit child?

Tradition? Wishing a child to have a good start in life?

The idea of the game stuns, and some aspects blow me

You forgot to say "away" again

But in this case it really is subjective. It all comes down to the way the game is experienced. Personally, I found the areas to be much more atmospheric than any of the other games, and found exploring the ocean to be one of the most enjoyable parts of the game.

It's not subjective when the mother fucking Debug Mode lays the smack down and says RS were fucking shit.

Now, LET'S TALK ABOUT SOME MOTHER FUCKING BLACK AND WHITE.

What're the chances of having an IR port on the cartridge so we can still use our Pokewalkers?

Zangoose feels the most digimony of all the pokemon. And the fact that its name is random/feels Japanese, and there's no obvious derivation ruins the whole feel. Fucking hate Zangoose.

It's meant to be inspired my a mongoose isn't it?

What're the chances of having an IR port on the cartridge so we can still use our Pokewalkers?

I'd love that, but we'd only be able to send pre-Gen 5 Pokémon over to it considering it's only pre-loaded with Heart Gold/Soul Silver's Pokémon.

It's not subjective when the mother fucking Debug Mode lays the smack down and says RS were fucking shit.

Now, LET'S TALK ABOUT SOME MOTHER FUCKING BLACK AND WHITE.

Very high. The C-Gear also seems to utilise IR functions

I'd love that, but we'd only be able to send pre-Gen 5 Pokémon over to it considering it's only pre-loaded with Heart Gold/Soul Silver's Pokémon.

Actually, from what we can tell, all data is sent from the game. For example, IIRC you can use a Japanese Pokéwalker with a US game and the Pokéwalker will have the US interface