NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

Hopefully they scrap the whole "But Shandy can't learn more than 4 moves!" thing.

8 different moves at one time would allow alot for more strategy and variation to the game.

Funny, I thought the exact same thing today whilst playing HeartGold today.

In particular

the word

variation

I think that the amount of strategy involved would actually be a lot less with being able to learn more moves, if not completely gone.

Something that really needs to change in my opinion would be the HM system. Now that's annoying as hell.

Something that really needs to change in my opinion would be the HM system. Now that's annoying as hell.

Something I never understood about HMs is why you couldn't you make your Pokemon forget them. It's not like the HM was 1 use only or anything. The only reason the Move Deleter exists is to let you delete HM moves.

I wanna see jokes devolutions. It flashes like its going to evolve and then BAM, your Gyrados is a useless Magikarp again!

Talk about a crazy random ride!

Something I never understood about HMs is why you couldn't you make your Pokemon forget them. It's not like the HM was 1 use only or anything. The only reason the Move Deleter exists is to let you delete HM moves.

The reason they have that is to keep you from getting stuck, for instance, if you remove surf while on an island, and have the HM disk stored in your computer. It would be better if it was optional for the HMs to take up a move slot.

Pokémon Sunday has just aired and shown some footage of the battles. This is just footage that fit the screenshots but it does confirm that the camera zooms out when attacks are made as seen in several pictures so far. In addition to this, the Pokémon in battle, both your opponent Pokémon and your own Pokémon have the sprites in a constant state of movement and the move for the attacks.

Definitely a step up from the static battles

Looks really good! Doesn't look like the animations will slow the battles down (like in Colosseum and XD) too much, either.

Edited by Mike

Does anyone now what is on next weeks Pokemon Sunday?

And can anyone translate the text in the green box

http://heath.shikokusensei.com/rpgland/scans/rpg-land-dot-com-japanese-scans13may01.jpg

Just a bit of a quick translation of the stuff in the green box I can see and make sense of..

Pocket Monsters Black and White

RPG

People Play? (Can only make out the プレイ人, none of the following kanji)

CERO (Age rating used in Japan, like PEGI here): Probably says to be announced or something, cannot make out the kanji at all

So yeah, nothing new there I imagine, if any one else could take a look and see it'l probably further confirm there is nothing new there.

It sure does. I'm still glad they didn't go the 3D model route. 600+ Pokémon, sans gender differences and alternate colours, and animations based on each attack...on the DS. It'd look god awful

Dante what are you hmming?

Am I the only one who thinks the constant in-motion looks crap? As a concept great. The way its implimented...meh. Why is Entei (yes?) just rocking back and forth. It seems so forced.

It amuses me how walking through the city you barge people out the way though.

Dante what are you hmming?

Am I the only one who thinks the constant in-motion looks crap? As a concept great. The way its implimented...meh. Why is Entei (yes?) just rocking back and forth. It seems so forced.

Outrageous! Its classic RPG movement! Theres not really any other way you can do it, in a turn based RPG.

Looks like FF.

I think it looks great, and it looks like after this its gonna be difficult to go back and play even the other DS games.

Yep, I agree. Would look better if they slowed the animation down, or was the footage sped up?

Outrageous! Its classic RPG movement! Theres not really any other way you can do it, in a turn based RPG.

Looks like FF.

I think it looks great, and it looks like after this its gonna be difficult to go back and play even the other DS games.

Entei is a dog-based creature (yes, or cat? Whatever, same thing really). They don't rock back and forth rapidly unless they have serious problems :p

In fact I think it would be more realistic if levels of movement were different. I'd imagine something like...I dunno Pikachu moving quite a bit, whereas something like Mewtwo would just stand there scowling.

Looks like FF.

I think it looks fantastic as well and is the right way of where Pokemon should be heading IMO. Just having movement right away gives it life, and to be honest I was surprised they didn't do it in Pearl and Diamond, but ah well. Too me not having it now would make them kind of lazy in making the battle system a bit more smoother. (This was one of the ones on my wish-list of what I would love in a new pokemon game so it's very nice indeed :D ) Since some RPG's now on the DS make the enemies move during battles and so fourth, such as Dragon Quest and Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey for example.

Oh, pokémon! Why I must love you for just new monsters, new perspective and damn f**ing sprite animation... I don't know this but i know i will play. >_<

Hey, are there optional 3D function for 3DS? Like GB - GBC

a big step in the right direction for the animation. battles look slightly faster too.. There's very little gap between the end of the attack and loss of health it looks.

Hey, are there optional 3D function for 3DS? Like GB - GBC

We don't know yet. I would expect that at the very least, the 3rd game will.

Entei is a dog-based creature (yes, or cat? Whatever, same thing really). They don't rock back and forth rapidly unless they have serious problems :p

In fact I think it would be more realistic if levels of movement were different. I'd imagine something like...I dunno Pikachu moving quite a bit, whereas something like Mewtwo would just stand there scowling.

Loads of sprite-based have that kinda movement. Last time I played a Capcom vs. SNK/Street Fighter-esque game, they all moved ridiculously instead of just standing still.

I suppose it gives the impression of action.

We don't know yet. I would expect that at the very least, the 3rd game will.

I have a hunch it'l be like Gold and Silver, playable on normal DS's but you get slight changes on playing it on the 3DS, like the colour feature for GS.

These new perspectives we're getting in battles and area's really do scream 3D capable to me. I'l be surprised if the original 2 don't have a feature that is only capable on the 3DS.

The third version will be a definite though. And maybe 3DS only, like they did with Crystal being GBC exclusive.