NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

The official site has just updated with some details stating that a brand new Pokémon game series, perhaps a fifth generation is scheduled for release on the Nintendo DS in 2010 in Japan. Further details on this game series have yet to be announced but the site has stated that it will be an RPG and the press release hinted that new Pokémon were in it.

I wonder what they'll be called this time around... my money is on 'Pokemon Asphalt Grey' and 'Pokemon Mudslide Brown' versions and will feature new Pokemon including 'Coneatose' (a creature based on a traffic cone and that fights while in a permenant 'sleep' state) and 'Wheelaton' (a ten ton wheel-shaped creature with spikes attached that 'drives' over other Pokemon in a gratuitously gorey manner) yes 2010 will be a fine year for Pokemon indeed... :wink:

The official site has just updated with some details stating that a brand new Pokémon game series, perhaps a fifth generation is scheduled for release on the Nintendo DS in 2010 in Japan. Further details on this game series have yet to be announced but the site has stated that it will be an RPG and the press release hinted that new Pokémon were in it.

Jesus, are Nintendo drunk all of sudden!? whats with all this happy news? news I like hearing appearing?

Wouldn't this be the first time a new generation has been released for the same console, that is if you consider Red/Blue for Gameboy and Gold/Silver for Gameboy Color. (After reading that, that sounds a bit silly because you could say that Diamond/Pearl was for DS, and new ones are for DS Lite/DSi.. which are just increments like the Gameboy Color, meh).

Strange move in my opinion, especially so soon after HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Wouldn't this be the first time a new generation has been released for the same console, that is if you consider Red/Blue for Gameboy and Gold/Silver for Gameboy Color. (After reading that, that sounds a bit silly because you could say that Diamond/Pearl was for DS, and new ones are for DS Lite/DSi.. which are just increments like the Gameboy Color, meh).

Strange move in my opinion, especially so soon after HeartGold and SoulSilver.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's weird how soon after HG/SS these will get released but at the same time there's a fair bit they could improve on. Will write a wish list when I get back from lectures :P

Yeah it's weird how soon after HG/SS these will get released but at the same time there's a fair bit they could improve on. Will write a wish list when I get back from lectures :P

If you include the words MMORPG in it, expect to get beats :P

Don't Japanese Pokemon games always/tend to get released around 21st November? I'm sure a lot have been (and the date sticks in my mind as its my brother's birthday)

Maybe Nintendo plan to stick with the DS (and its offspring) for quite a while...or maybe the DS successor will be announced this year and they're just saying this is for the DS for now :p

I'm betting on "Pokémon Christian" and "Pokémon Jew", where the evil team tries to catch a Flying Spaghetti Pokémon to rule the world.

The third version, "Pokémon Islam" will see a release shortly afterwards.

Because I don't see how else could they top pokémon that rule over Time, Space and dimensions :heh:

In all seriousness, I hope this is a completely different take on the franchise. People may call it a "spinoff", but spinoffs are what the series needs.

Unfortunately, it seems the Deoxys mission can only be done in Multiplayer with 2 or more people

My biggest hope is they don't invent another 100 Pokémon. It's becoming ridiculous and boring, the vast majority of the new ones are terrible in appearance. I also dislike how every 'family' is being changed into a 3 tier evolution. Magmar and Electabuzz were cooler on their lonesome.

On the contrary. If you had said that in the third gen, I would have agreed with you, but the 4th gen was brilliant in Pokémon design. They're almost all awesome and they all fit

On the contrary. If you had said that in the third gen, I would have agreed with you, but the 4th gen was brilliant in Pokémon design. They're almost all awesome and they all fit

Agree'd. I really didn't like the 3rd gen Pokemon. They actually spoilt the games a bit for me. Gen 4 are much better.

Glameow? Lopunny? Cherubi? And the awful Rhyperior to name just a few.

Whether you like the design or not, surely we can all agree that collecting near 500 Pokémon is taking the piss a bit.

Im with Ramar on this one. There are far too many useless Pokemon now and the amount of legendaries kicking about has made them less special.

Gaf were discussing the 5th gen the other week and one person suggested a reboot of the series, give it a fresh start. I loved the idea.

And the awful Rhyperior

OH MY GOD YOU USED TO BE COOL!

Rhyperior is a total fucking badass! He's one of my favourite gen 5's!!!!!

464oa0.png

A new Nintendo game will appear in Nintendo Dream soon and it could be this game.

Im with Ramar on this one. There are far too many useless Pokemon now and the amount of legendaries kicking about has made them less special.

Gaf were discussing the 5th gen the other week and one person suggested a reboot of the series, give it a fresh start. I loved the idea.

The fact that it's on the DS shows that intercompatibility, perhaps akin to GSC to RGBY, is more than likely here. We've got examples in HGSS of certain Pokémon and items not being tradeable so the system is there to do it.

It won't be a "reboot"

I am of the mindset that one new aspect of the 5th gen games will be genetic variations. As the Pokémon take the lowest evolved form of the mother, the father's genetics are just utilised for attacks. However, what if they now include aspects of the father. So species from the mother and various genetic traits from the father.

This is my theory for why this Pokémon exists in HGSS, as a preview for 5th gen;

172-ne.png

This would definitely be a franchise reinvigorating feature

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

A new Nintendo game will appear in Nintendo Dream soon and it could be this game.

I hope it is Pokemon.

3rd gen was fine, but just a few forgettable ones.

4th gen is the only gen with (some) fucking awful designs. Spiritomb...fucking hell. Even the starters lacked OOMPH, except the Piplup family. Stunky..also bad. Just lots of rushed looking designs.

Sapphire was my first Pokémon game, so I've got a soft spot for the third gen. I agree with Paj that the 4th had some pretty uninspired / ugly designs, though gen 2 is my least fave. Looking forward to gen 5 if these rumours are true, though I wouldn't mind if the game kept the existing 'Mon and did something a bit different (though not to the extent of Collosseum / Ranger / Mystery Dungeon).

What name would it be from these trademarks?:

2008-093265 [Pokemon Red]

2008-093266 [Pokemon Green]

2008-093267 [Pokemon Blue]

2008-093268 [Pokemon Yellow]

2008-093269 [Pokemon Black]

2008-093270 [Pokemon Brown]

2008-093271 [Pokemon White]

2008-093272 [Pokemon Gray]

2008-093273 [Pokemon Scarlet]

2008-093274 [Pokemon Purple]

2008-093275 [Pokemon Crimson]

Pokemon Scarlet is a good name I hope its that.

breaking news

An translations of the developer blog

-New game in the Pokemon Series releasing this year.

-In order to surpass the Pokemon games so far, they're aiming at innovative software that they're "eagerly developing".

-Di/Pe sales

-Urgent video will be shown on Pokemon Sunday on Feb 7th. He says to take a look, as you could get some information.

Seems more and more likely that the new DS game is a new 5th generation RPG, might be a DSi exclusive.

Edited by canand