NEurope
killer kirby

Xenoblade Chronicles (Aug 19th)

Can't believe they are leaving out their biggest market for this game and The Last Story... Especially since they are already localised in English for the UK. Then again they would have to change things for Americans to "get" it. I feel bad for the American fans though, since companies see them as part of a stupid whole.

New release date?

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=15878

Rumour: Xenoblade Release Bumped Forward?

Has the highly-anticipated JRPG had its European release brought forward?

Nintendo and Monolith Soft's Xenoblade Chronicles had been due to grace our continent on September 2nd for a couple of weeks now. But just as we were done celebrating that announcement, a surprising twist may be on the way.

Portuguese site Pown Block are reporting that a Nintendo Iberia PR rep told them first hand that Xenoblade Chronicles is now set for an August 19th release.

Nintendo aren't exactly characteristic for bumping forward release dates, especially just days after they put out an official release schedule. However, if the localisation on the game is already completed, it's possible that Nintendo of Europe want to capitalise on the recent global publicity Xenoblade Chronicles has been enjoying as North American gamers campaign for their own release.

It's naturally best to wait for an official announcement from Nintendo before altering your shopping plans, so stay tuned.

Nintendo of America working on NTSC localization for Xenoblade, Last Story

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=162738

RUMOR - Xenoblade Chronicles NA localization done, The Last Story in progress

Here's a bit of rumored information from the Operation Rainfall gang. Consider this rumor, as the information comes from a supposed inside source at Nintendo.

- American localization of Xenoblade is complete

- The Last Story is currently being translated to English for an American release

- no word on Pandora’s Tower localization

- Redmond, WA branch of NoA has been working with other branches to bring Xenoblade and The Last Story to North America

- NSTC version of Xenoblade was completed just over a month ago

- Testing for the PAL and NSTC versions of The Last Story are allegedly beginning in around a month

New release date confirmed!

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/28626/xenoblade-chronicles-release-date-brought-forward/

Nintendo has announced that Xenoblade Chronicles will now be released for Wii on 19 August.

The RPG was originally scheduled for release in the UK on 2 September but it's good to see that we'll now have a Wii game to look forward to in August.

You can still pre-order the game from GAME or GameStation if you want to receive the special red Classic Controller Pro, alternative cover art and three posters signed by Tetsuya Takahashi, the founder of Monolith.

Nintendo has no plans to release Xenoblade Chronicles in the US.

Are you going to buy Xenoblade Chronicles next month? A good game to keep you busy during the summer holidays, perhaps?

Yay! ^^

Also: People complain about everything:

I don't want "over 100 hours of gameplay"... that's too damn long, I haven't got the time! Anyone reckon the main storyline will be more like 15 - 20 hours?? Maybe it's the side quests that take it up to 100+.

No, it can be played with the Wii-mote and Nunchuk combo but I'm thinking it'll be a more more comfortable experience playing it with the Classic Controller (either the standard one or the Pro) as was the case with MH3.

I have put in over 700 hours into Monter Hunter 3 with the Wiimote/Nunchuck without having any issues. I only have a CC don't have a Pro, I was meant to try the CC but then got too comfortable with the Wiimote/Nunchuck that I didn't feel the need to relearn the controls.

I'll prolly just get the standard edition of this and use the Wiimote/Nunchuck again. Must go pre-order it too actually was gonna wait till Aug but now with the new release date my god it is out in Aug, WOOT:D

I don't need another classic controller but I'm all over the bundle pack... Can't help myself with things like that. I got the treasure chest for MH3 as well haha im a sucker.

I dont now if to get this game I like RPG Games and maybe the PS Vita comes out at Christmas need to save money for that and the game looks good.

Just pre-ordered this a couple of minutes ago after seeing the amount of fuss this game was getting. Never played any of the xenosaga games so i'm not quite sure what to expect from this, from what i've seen the gameplay looks pretty solid. Really messed up with the voice actors though. Everyone seems to have a very heavy english accent. I would have been happier if they just subtitled it but oh well.

I would have been happier if they just subtitled it but oh well.

Just switch to the Japanese voices. ;)

This may have been covered in another post, sorry if it has (I've avoided learning too much about this game...). Question; is this available without the controller bundle?

I pre-orderd this game on Friday can't wait and I like RPG games.

Went to pre-order at my local Gamespot today.... it's not on their system yet....

Here's a preview from 1UP.

http://www.1up.com/previews/why-you-should-want-xenoblade-america

It's sound fantastic and I can't wait to get my hands on it, specially after seeing how you can level up. :D

Go to the following link and skip to 2:20 for fantastic results. :)

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/24/red-sun-gamer-episode-5-xenoblade-chronicles-takes-a-leap-of-faith/

I don't know about anyone else but thelink to the 1up preview doesn't work for me.

I watched the video where you said and that was pretty nifty, but I'm staying clear of previews for this for the most part so as not to take anything away from the experience.

Just under 3 weeks to go people...

Oh well, the game will do. :)

The game will do indeed. Know anywhere good to pre-order it yet? I assume Games £38 asking price will come down nearer the time?

Off-Topic note, but I just had to...

Everyone, interested in Xenoblade Chronicles, take a look at Monolith's earlier Wii game, Disaster: Day of Crisis. I just played trough it, and loved every second of it. Not hard to come by, and definietly worth it's price. Just try it, you'll be surprised.

Back to topic then, I'm plannin on pre-ordering this one from Discshop, a local film & Game Store. Their price is 53€. It's quite a lot, but at least they usually deliver the SCN-verion of the game, which I want.

Off-Topic note, but I just had to...

Everyone, interested in Xenoblade Chronicles, take a look at Monolith's earlier Wii game, Disaster: Day of Crisis. I just played trough it, and loved every second of it. Not hard to come by, and definietly worth it's price. Just try it, you'll be surprised.

Oh, I was surprised alright when I played it a few years back. Surprised at how 'jack-of-all-trades, master of none' and how dated the whole thing was. Ambitious yes but coming off of the back of the Baten Kaitos games, it wasn't a great game by any stretch of the imagination from Monolith Soft. Rather forgettable experience.

Hopefully Xenoblade won't fall into that category and provide a fantastic RPG experience like Baten Kaitos did. Looking forward to it. Should really put a pre-order in but the likelihood is that the local GAME/Gamestation stores will only sell the bundle with the red CC and I'm not sure I want it, rather I think I'd prefer the game solus as I have a standard white CC.

Disaster: Day of Crisis didn't blow me away either but I enjoyed it for what it was. I expect to go back and play through it again some day :hehe:

I'm still not sure about getting Xenoblade, though..