NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Battery Help

The battery light on my netbook is flashing orange. I think this is because my battery is dead - without the power cable the laptop loses power instantly (although the battery says it's charged to 94%...). Anyone know the best (cheapest) place to get one?

My laptop is an Advent 4211. I think that's just a rebranded MSI Wind. Can anyone help? I'd really appreciate it.

Might check Tottenham Court Road tomorrow for price comparison but that looks like the more plausible option.

Might check Tottenham Court Road tomorrow for price comparison but that looks like the more plausible option.

You can get cheaper if you get lower mAH, but depends on how much battery life you want.

Same thing happened to mine after about owning it for about a month. Sent it back and got a new one couple of weeks later.

I read something once which siad that, Li-ion batteries suffer quite terribly in heat and I think from constant charge beyond a point with no discharge, so keeping your laptop plugged in whilst having the battery in also tends to drastically reduce the lifespan of batteries. I read something about a good number/frequency of total discharges or recharges(as you can see I don't remember much) with one being more important than the other, but I dunno what it was now.

I remember it said the best charge to store them at long term is ~40% tho, and somewhere not too hot.

EDIT: Found it in my real old favourites http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

Edited by Rummy

Yeah it definitely shortens the life span to use it while charging it. You should take the battery out if you can be plugged in while using the laptop.

Sign in to follow this