NEurope
flameboy

Games you remember for anything but the gameplay!

For those who love Sonic R's music (we all do, right?) some of it features in SEGA's all-star racing game. (Woot!)

Personally I adored Cool Spot when I was a lad - The music and mental levels were sublime. The concept of being small was great too. Kinda like The Borrowers.

Buster Busts loose = classic SNES title.

I also loved Earthworm Jim for its animation/mental levels and character design. Some of the design was really fresh - like the Pete the Puppy level and the bungee jump level. Quality. Was nails for a young 'un though. I also love(d) Aladdin on the SNES - It's like a Disney version of Prince of Persia. (I actually preferred it over Virgin's beautiful looking MD version.)

I miss the days when Capcom and Konami could muster a sublime 2D 16-Bit title. At least Capcom are still a quality developer. Konami...Becoming a one-trick pony after relying on PES and MGS for so long. Now PES is poor I worry for them. *Off topic!*

Oh...I LOVED Sleepwalker on the Amiga. Kid asleep and his yellow dog had to protect him. How fresh an idea?!

I loved OCEAN's output on the Amiga too!

Edited by tapedeck

For those who love Sonic R's music (we all do, right?) some of it features in SEGA's all-star racing game. (Woot!)

Personally I adored Cool Spot when I was a lad - The music and mental levels were sublime. The concept of being small was great too. Kinda like The Borrowers.

Buster Busts loose = classic SNES title.

I also loved Earthworm Jim for its animation/mental levels and character design. Some of the design was really fresh - like the Pete the Puppy level and the bungee jump level. Quality. Was nails for a young 'un though. I also love(d) Aladdin on the SNES - It's like a Disney version of Prince of Persia. (I actually preferred it over Virgin's beautiful looking MD version.)

I miss the days when Capcom and Konami could muster a sublime 2D 16-Bit title. At least Capcom are still a quality developer. Konami...Becoming a one-trick pony after relying on PES and MGS for so long. Now PES is poor I worry for them. *Off topic!*

Oh...I LOVED Sleepwalker on the Amiga. Kid asleep and his yellow dog had to protect him. How fresh an idea?!

I loved OCEAN's output on the Amiga too!

Yeah Sleepwalker was awesome! remember they randomly released a comic relief related demo as well that had everyone wearing red noses. Yeah OCEAN brought out some quality Amiga games: new zealand story and even mr nutz lol.

Ok you CANNOT say something like that without providing more details! *bounce*

I did notice the first stage of Sonic Heroes´ music in the trailer which made me excited, but this is even better :)

Sonic R. That ridiculously cheesy music.

I was with a mate the other day on a train and Living in the City suddenly came to mind, how out of place was that music eh? I think the Singer must have slept with a lot of employee's..

Super Putty for SNES comes to mind. I used to end up in such a rage from frustration at the gameplay, but i kept going back to it. The little sticky noise the putty made when he jumped was ear candy. *tries to think of other reasons for torturing myself playing*...

Super Putty for SNES comes to mind. I used to end up in such a rage from frustration at the gameplay, but i kept going back to it. The little sticky noise the putty made when he jumped was ear candy. *tries to think of other reasons for torturing myself playing*...

Yes was cool more for the characters than the actual gameplay...like the terminator carrot...

Yes was cool more for the characters than the actual gameplay...like the terminator carrot...

Oh my god *has flashback*. Forgot about that.