NEurope
Pancake

A Tale of drowned puppies and the coming of Armageddon

I'm considering buying a PS3 or Xbox (strongly leaning in favour of PS3), but after a quick browse of games on the likes of Play and Amazon i noticed the PS3 titles generally seem more expensive. Is this accurate? Or did i just coincidently browse expensive PS3 titles.

Even if PS3 games are more expensive you dont have to pay to play them online so in the long run PS3 will cheaper

But it's defnely worth paying for party chat that works between people playing different games.

As far as I'm aware the RRP for third-party games is always the same across both; first-party Sony titles tend to be a little bit cheaper than the average. Any disparity is due to the retailers and can cut both ways, for instance you can pre-order FFXIII on the PS3 for £34.99 from ShopTo yet they're selling the 360 version for £37.99 — both versions have an RRP for £49.99.

In other words there's no platform bias, one version might just be cheaper than the other due to promotions, deals the shop might have got from the wholesaler, whether they're looking to shift stock of a certain format, etcetera. I wouldn't factor it into your decision.

There's tons of things to factor. I think one advantage of the PS3 that hasn't been mentioned is the convenience of charging controllers, takes no time to charge and no need for batteries. The internal battery has a hell of a long life too.

What everyone is trying to say is, don't let the few pound on the odd occasion be a main factor in deciding what console to buy.

They've always been the same whenever I've compared them. You really should look at which console has the features and games you want rather than the price of games. A few $/£/€ more isn't much to pay if you get the features and games you actually want.

You should buy whichever your friends have, you'll be playing these games online with them, doesnt really matter about the price its the experience :)

id say that ps3 games are slightly more expensive second hand, simply due to the smaller user base meaning they are less common so theres less compotition to sell which means lower prices. but were talking a couple of quid.

just look at the exclusive games, they swayed me to ps3, but it comes down to taste.

More and more I feel like I'm living in backwards land...

PS3 are by far much cheaper when it comes to year old games.

I'm talking nearly 50% cheaper on some games.

More and more I feel like I'm living in backwards land...

PS3 are by far much cheaper when it comes to year old games.

I'm talking nearly 50% cheaper on some games.

Where you shop?

360 has a load of cheap games from when it was first release, some of them are well worth a play aswell.

but again, get whatever ur mates have :hug:

An Elite is £200 without Wi-Fi, blu-ray, online play or rechargeable controllers.

an arcades £120, £28 for gold and £10 for battery pack

Wifi's not needed for everyone (though a nice bonus) and blu ray is exspensive, downloadin films much easier on the wallet

Downloading films in 1080p much easier than Blu Ray? No chance.

It's a better machine and the extra initial cost is worth it. The 360 is loaded with hidden costs. Online, Wifi (Christ, even the DS has WiFi), batteries.

Buy an arcade for £120? Then pay through your nose for a HDD.

120Gb not big enough on the elite? You're screwed. My 320Gb HDD in my PS3 spits on your grave.

Edited by Daft

Downloading films in 1080p much easier than Blu Ray? No chance.

its free! easier on the wallet...

The wallet isn't the problem. The obscene time needed to download it is.

Rentals are the best way. Quick and cheap. Plus, you can rent games.

Where you shop?

Mostly local shops and online when I'm not fucked by import taxes.

I feel the need to mention that I did not put Iceland as my location because I'm hilarious.

I would say instead of just comparing the spec sheet on paper and what not, go visit a store and try them both out. Try out the UI, check out the different features and obviously playing and navigating using the different controllers.

It may even be useful if you can play the same title on the two and go for which ever one you can more easily adapt to. I ended up going for the 360 over the PS3 because the controller didn't quite agree with me. (Curse you new style R2 & L2)

You might think that is a lame reason, but if you intend to have a console for x amount of years you'd want to at least be comfortable while playing on it.

Finally I would say check out this guy's comparison series between the two on Y'tube:

I've watched many comparison videos and this is the most unbiased and well informed comparison series I've seen so far.