NEurope
Raining_again

Weight Loss 2010!

Well WeightWatchers obviously know a crap load more than me but I'd say fuck salads. They're fluff, don't fill you and leave you hungry. I'd say it was all about eating 5 or 6 smaller meals during the day.

As for cycling, it's low impact. I think it helps people with arthritis as well. Perfect, no?

I suffer from minor paraplegia because of AS, its not just a typical arthritis, so you can't really box it in with every kind.

Edited by Raining_again

Well I can't really see how more low impact you can get. All you do is rotate your legs. Get a seat that's comfortable and you're sorted, no?

If you need you could get one of those bikes where you sit up and don't lean forward.

Edited by Daft
I can't spell

God Ramar you weigh less than me. =(

I can't really explain it other than even as a youngster I've always been quite short and slim.

Ramar how tall are you?

I'm about 5ft 9 - 5ft 10.

Well I can't really see how more low impact you can get. All you do is rotate your legs. Get a seat that's comfortable and you're sorted, no?

If you need you could get one of those bikes where you sit up and don't lean forward.

I don't mean to be nasty here, but you don't understand my condition if you can say things like that and assume my physical capability. Its not just pedalling, you just pedal on a static bike, not a standard one.

I have very little spinal strength, and for someone normal its very hard to grasp how things affect you. I wouldn't have the strength to maintain myself on a bike because it moves and can fall over. One needs to have a flexible spine to be able to counter movement on a bicycle. Which mine isn't.

Really annoyed that I only lost 1 pound this week despite having been in the gym 4 times and giving up chocolate/desserts/sweets for a period that happens to coincide with Lent. Yes, I binge drank on Saturday, but I was drinking gin and slimline. ARGH.

Really annoyed that I only lost 1 pound this week despite having been in the gym 4 times and giving up chocolate/desserts/sweets for a period that happens to coincide with Lent. Yes, I binge drank on Saturday, but I was drinking gin and slimline. ARGH.

Maybe losing fat and gaining muscle?

I've started goin back the gym, i really need to lose a stone, and its GONNA GET GONE, i have too!

Anyways, im thinkin of taking a pic each week, after a few months that should give me an idea as to where im headed, much better than monitoring weight i think!

I'm going to bike to work tomorrow. True story. I got the bike out of my garage (which is in a different location to my house) and left it in the house ready and everything.

Assuming I don't die in the rush hour traffic, I'm expecting to lose at least a stone. That's how weight loss works right?

I'm happyyyy, I lost some more weight! I started my "diet" on last Wednesday and so far I've lost 1.3 kg (about 2.8 pounds if I'm not mistaken? I might be). =)

I don't even feel like I'm really dieting though. I just cut out most of the crap I eat and replaced it with healthier stuff. And less snacks, I used to eat wayyy too many snacks haha.

Also aquagym tonight, looking forward to it. =)

I'm drinking a can of coke and I just had a bacon and sausage sandwich for breakfast.

I fail Weight Loss 2010.

I have kind of gone off the rails on Feburary so I officially started my diet yesterday. I have a group of people who want to come jogging with me twice a week (mine would be three or four times a week) so I have followers to, haha.

Right i started my diet on the 2nd of January weighing in at 13 st 3 lbs and a BMI of 26.51 and today 2 months later I weigh in at 12 st 6 lbs and a BMI of 24.97.

Thats a weight loss of 11 lbs :D.

I'm all chuffed with myself I'm now just in the ideal body weight in wii fit. Just another stone to lose to reach my target weight :).

Just cutting out sweets and ate as normal.

Oh and try and do as much wii fit as I can.

I'm happyyyy, I lost some more weight! I started my "diet" on last Wednesday and so far I've lost 1.3 kg (about 2.8 pounds if I'm not mistaken? I might be). =)

I don't even feel like I'm really dieting though. I just cut out most of the crap I eat and replaced it with healthier stuff. And less snacks, I used to eat wayyy too many snacks haha.

Also aquagym tonight, looking forward to it. =)

Wooooooo! Go babe! You're kicking the backside of an ass.

2065339022_896a3d8b1e_m.jpg

I had an extreme diet last year, it lasted for 8 months. From January to August. At the start of July the diet had become so much of a habit that I forgot I was on it, really. I am now underweight. I'm 1.80 meters now, wich according to google is 5.9 feet, and weigh 61.5 kg(I really haven't weighed myself since christmas, so I'll post a follow-up when I get around to doing that at the gym), but I probably weighed less then. I realized I was underweight when people started accusing me of having eating disorders. I didn't only realize I was underweight, I realized I was really close to having eating disorders. If I ate alot of unhealthy food, heck, even if it wasn't unhealthy, Just if I ate what feeled alot for me(which wasn't alot at all) I would picture myself blowing up like a goddamn balloon, and i would really feel fat. I then changed my habits drastically, I started on a new diet, to gain weight. But that doesn't mean I eat a triple cheesburger three times a day with a big bucket of fat for dessert. I eat healthy, but I eat alot. Besides starting to eat more, I started swimming. The first couple of months I swam about 1000 metres 3 times a week, but now I'ts just 2 times a week. Before i started swimming I had no pecs at all. It was just bones. At the moment i can clearly see some muscles there. While my ribs were visible when i started on the reversed diet, they now are almost gone. My goal is that in July, my spine won't be visible at all.

I have now almost completely recovered from the obsessive dieting. My confidence have been boosting alot lately, and everything's really going my way. I really can't wait 'til July. Maybe I'll have a body like this -

9vl3pz.jpg

Ah, one can dream..

(.. It's probably the wrong forum to post this in, but I've really learned alot about how to get fit, so I'll help all of those who need help)

Edited by Shining
i/I mistakes

Woo I lost 5 lbs this weeeek! ^_^ Thats... 20lbs so far! (since 04/01/10)

I'm gonna have to get the wiifit out sometime soon too, its been a bit neglected in the past two or so years :heh:

Ine, 1kg = 2.2lbs =)

So you lost more than 2kg in a single week? Is that possible or healthy? What are you doing?

So you lost more than 2kg in a single week? Is that possible or healthy? What are you doing?

I didn't eat an extreme amount of food, and I got more exercise than in a normal week (moving furniture hah). Changes tend to shock your system into losing weight. And I've got a considerable amount to lose, so its a small drop in a big ocean of weight.

I don't usually expect to see that kind of loss every week.. since january it's been: -4.5, -0.5, -4, -2, -1, -1.5, -1.5, -5 (lbs) every week.

I'm admittedly a bit of a yoyo dieter, got my good days and my bad. My weight changes a lot.. I don't think I could stay the same weight in a week if I tried :P

Wooooooo! Go babe! You're kicking the backside of an ass.

2065339022_896a3d8b1e_m.jpg

Ehhh what?

Woo I lost 5 lbs this weeeek! ^_^ Thats... 20lbs so far! (since 04/01/10)

I'm gonna have to get the wiifit out sometime soon too, its been a bit neglected in the past two or so years :heh:

Ine, 1kg = 2.2lbs =)

Thanks! So that means I have about 16.94 lbs left to go until I reach my goal haha.

And well done to you for losing so much!

Thanks! So that means I have about 16.94 lbs left to go until I reach my goal haha.

And well done to you for losing so much!

woo! Keep at it! You still at the aqua-aerobics thing?

woo! Keep at it! You still at the aqua-aerobics thing?

Yeah I went again tonight; go every Tuesday evening. It's fun. =)

Hope to pick up squash in a week or two, my sister already said she wants to go too. Just need to hear the doctor say that my leg is better and I can run again (getting an x-ray on Monday to find out). ^___^

Yeah I went again tonight; go every Tuesday evening. It's fun. =)

Hope to pick up squash in a week or two, my sister already said she wants to go too. Just need to hear the doctor say that my leg is better and I can run again (getting an x-ray on Monday to find out). ^___^

aww that's brilliant! I'm sure you're bored not being able to do different exercises! I know my mum does get frustrated at times because of her injury..

*drum rolls*

i lost 2lb this week! woot!

I go to weightwatchers with my mum, and she put on a pound this week! Shes been uber strict, following the plan to a tee. So I feel freakin terrible that she's not losing too. This is supposed to be something to bond us together but all I seem to feel is guilt and sadness for her :( And i'm sure she's raging cause im not following the plan half as well as she is. She's on a bucket of painkillers and gets steroid injections so all of that is probably the cause of her putting on weight.

This dieting malarky is never easy!