NEurope
Raining_again

Weight Loss 2010!

Eeeeeets twenty ten! About that time of year when people are making new years resolutions, including the biggie, losing weight and getting fit!

I went back after Christmas to Weightwatchers, had put on a mega 7 pounds. I was happy enough with this (doubled that the year previously), and now i'm working on pulling that back.

Last week I did nothing but scoff my face (comparitively) and lost a mega 4.5lbs. Total what the hell moment.

This week I went, and lo and behold, my previous weeks eating had the better of me! I'd only lost half a pound!! =( After eating fucking salads and damn weightwatchers meals!!!

(@mods/admins - I know there's a thread already, but its a 2009 thread! :P)

Well, 2 years ago I weighed 90kg which was very bad considering I was only 18 years old.

Now at 20 years old I weigh a good 75kg ^^

I should have been updating last year since I don't really need to lose anymore weight anymore (I am aiming to always be around the 70-75kg anyway)

Well, 2 years ago I weighed 90kg which was very bad considering I was only 18 years old.

Now at 20 years old I weigh a good 75kg ^^

I should have been updating last year since I don't really need to lose anymore weight anymore (I am aiming to always be around the 70-75kg anyway)

I weighed 115kg when I was 16. I weigh 80 now, at glorious 22. Loosing weight is super easy, I never got the "oooh, it's so hard!" thing.

My girlfriend is away for 5 months so I was thinking of getting fit for when she's back.

And then letting myself go again.

That'll teach her to bugger off for 5 months.

I weighed 115kg when I was 16. I weigh 80 now, at glorious 22. Loosing weight is super easy, I never got the "oooh, it's so hard!" thing.

Usually those people that say "oooh, it's so hard" have a bucket of KFC in one of their arms

I'll try not to eat as much. Let's see what happens.

Edited by Shino

I'm going to try and eat healthy.

I'm trying to do my shopping online (see the HWYD thread to help meeee) and make a better meal plan for me.

So instead of skipping breakfast and eating a massive bag of crisps for lunch... something a little better.

I'm still going strong, getting towards the 4 and a half stone lost mark. Also got my Gym introduction today, I want to be finished My diet including being tonned up by March.

Let's see what happens!

R_A do you shifties want a clean start with this, or a simple merge/rename? I suppose a clean start gives people new boundaries to compare themselves with, or something.

I'm happy with getting fatter as I get older, so I suppose I'll pissoffnow.

I find it really weird that I'm stuck at weighing pretty much 70kg. When I was doing minimal exercise and eating what the hell I wanted (a pack of jelly babies every other day, hay ho!) I was maybe a couple kg more (granted it was mostly fat). Now however I cycle about 11 miles every day and go to the gym for an hour and a half every other day, eat healthily (and I mean no chocolate, no sweets, no coffee, no junk food at all) and I'm perpetually stuck at this weight. I'm pretty sure most of the time I burn off more than I take in as well...

Not that I'm complaining. I'd rather have this weird self-regulating metabolism than be pudgy and fat.

I think the most I weighed was about 85kg when I was around 16/17 (I even assumed I was anaemic when I was in fact just amazingly unfit). It was pretty easy to change that, with a lot of determination and effort. Okay, it wasn't easy - but you've just got to get of your arse and do it.

I'm a bit like that Daft, I haven't really put much weight on ever. Just weighed myself I'm 10 stone 3lbs, which is 64.8 Kg according to google. So yeah no weight loss for me, but I do indeed to start running again when the bad weather clears up.

God Ramar you weigh less than me. =(

I gained quite a bit of weight again over the last year (especially during Christmas) and I'd like to try and lose that (want to lose about 7-8 kg). Though I always keep saying it and I just fail at dieting at all. Dad keeps bringing in unhealthy snacks and I just can't say no... =/

Butttt I started aquagym yesterday, which is some form of exercise. And hopefully once I get told my leg is better, I might try and look into doing some squash again, if I can find a squash partner. =)

I've started a routine and apparently it has worked so no harm in trying. It's something from Hannah Waterman and I tried one workout today and it knackered me but apparently if I follow the eating diet and do one of the workouts (out of four) three times a week, I will DEFINITELY lose weight...we shall see...lol.

I really don't like dieting and am fairly sick of it in my life. I'm coming around to jay's way of thinking - I'm 31, married with kids, so who cares that I'm putting on a bit of weight? Dieting is such a bore and it puts me in a really bad mood.

Plus, I love chips.

I really don't like dieting and am fairly sick of it in my life. I'm coming around to jay's way of thinking - I'm 31, married with kids, so who cares that I'm putting on a bit of weight? Dieting is such a bore and it puts me in a really bad mood.

Plus, I love chips.

I read this article recently, quite interesting, the habits of slim people, most poignant being: they don't diet and they do eat junk.

http://health.ninemsn.com.au/dietandnutrition/nutrition/691131/seven-habits-of-slim-people

Well I'm gonna join the weightloss masses once more...2 years ago I weighed a whooping 18 stone, got down to a more reasonable 15 1/2 and now in the past year since I've split with my girlfriend put weight back on and stand at 17 stone. I'm 6 ft 3 inches by the way. My nurse told me I should 15 stone according to my BMI but I didn't even weigh that much when I was relatively skinny, fit and playing football at least twice every week.

I've been all the crap under the sun and losing weight. Which is something I've wanted to do for a couple of months.

At my biggest I'm over 11stone and I'd like to drop that weight off, because I've been eating unhealthly but not very often I've dropped down to just under 11 stone, which is nice.

hopefully I can get back to eating healthly and losing weight rather than the other way round.

I read this article recently, quite interesting, the habits of slim people, most poignant being: they don't diet and they do eat junk.

http://health.ninemsn.com.au/dietandnutrition/nutrition/691131/seven-habits-of-slim-people

HABIT THREE: SLIM PEOPLE DON'T BINGE = My problem. I find it hard to stop eating once I've started.

I always have a strong desire to eat everything on my plate too, even long after I've been satisfied. But food is nice, really nice, so that's cool.

Just came back from my first gym session, apart from nearly fainting from varnish fumes it was class!

Well people that struggle to diet are usually considerably bigger than the difference you mentioned. And obviously enjoy eating food more than you do. Mines a compulsion.

I've got an addictive personality.. I can kick habits very easily, if I have another habit to fall back on. Like I could distract myself with smoking and lose weight very easily! I've managed to kick all of my bad habits, so i'm really struggling with this one.

I'm going to try and eat healthy.

I'm trying to do my shopping online (see the HWYD thread to help meeee) and make a better meal plan for me.

Good idea, then you can't make a pit stop at the junk food on the way through Tescos ;P

R_A do you shifties want a clean start with this, or a simple merge/rename? I suppose a clean start gives people new boundaries to compare themselves with, or something.

I'm happy with getting fatter as I get older, so I suppose I'll pissoffnow.

I figured I'd make the thread for twentytens, and let you decide if you'd like to merge it or whatever.

God Ramar you weigh less than me. =(

I gained quite a bit of weight again over the last year (especially during Christmas) and I'd like to try and lose that (want to lose about 7-8 kg). Though I always keep saying it and I just fail at dieting at all. Dad keeps bringing in unhealthy snacks and I just can't say no... =/

Butttt I started aquagym yesterday, which is some form of exercise. And hopefully once I get told my leg is better, I might try and look into doing some squash again, if I can find a squash partner. =)

Women are supposed to weigh a little bit more than women! At normal sizes, wimmens have boobs, men don't. So a few kg aint much to worry about. I reckon you are pretty normal, and the exercise is definitely a good way to go rather than a diet! Some people are just blessed with being skinny! Some aren't!

Yeah the rotten scumbags, I hate you all. I have a normal 1 person sized take out, and I could gain 2 or 3 pounds on just that.

I know one person in particular who is hella skinny - she does eat like full fat buns n stuff, but she eats one. She couldn't finish a full bag of crisps or a large chocolate bar in one go!

Yeah the rotten scumbags, I hate you all. I have a normal 1 person sized take out, and I could gain 2 or 3 pounds on just that.

What kind of take out?

Also, for that to be true...you'd have to be burning like less zero calories...and even then that would be hard.

What's your daily routine?

I massively shifted my diet about four months ago.

On the 2nd of January I weighed in at 13 stone 3 lbs today I'm now 12 stone 13 pounds so I'm pretty pleased with myself :).

Only 1 stone 4 lbs to go til I reach my goal :).

What kind of take out?

Also, for that to be true...you'd have to be burning like less zero calories...and even then that would be hard.

What's your daily routine?

like a chippy, or half a chinese. Our takeouts (northern ireland) tend to be very different. I've been over to the mainland and your portions are double ours!

I'm on lots of meds that decrease cell production and weight gain is a big side effect (the doctor actually specifically told me this after i told her i was with weightwatchers) it slows down the function of your body

I work in a call centre. (so minimal exercise xD)

I'm joining a gym next week hopefully, pending ze cash! I'm hoping that will help.