NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
David_nyh

GBA SP+?

Hello,

I still have to play the two Zelda Oracles games and I only have a DS Lite and DSi handheld. My GBA doesn’t work anymore.

Where can I find a GBA SP+? Was this only released in the USA? And if I find one can I play these games on it?

Thanks in advance.

David_nyh

Hello,

I still have to play the two Zelda Oracles games and I only have a DS Lite and DSi handheld. My GBA doesn’t work anymore.

Where can I find a GBA SP+? Was this only released in the USA? And if I find one can I play these games on it?

Thanks in advance.

David_nyh

Hey there.

I'm pretty sure you would be able to use the Oracle games. Unless there's some secret reason why you can't that I don't know about. I never personally owned an SP, but I assume that you could play the entire backlogue of Gameboy colour and advance games.

The system was definitely released in the UK, and again I'm assuming that it was released in Europe. I've had a quick hunt around fo you, and found this link at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Game-Boy-Advance-SP-Silver/dp/B000087H7T

You should also probably be able to find it on Ebay, too.

Better still, here's a link to many on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=gba+sp&x=0&y=0

Thanks for your anwser but I mean the GBA SP+ (plus) with brighter light than the GBA SP.

Ooo, my apologies. I didn't see the plus sign. I'll have a little hunt for you now.

According to Wikipedia, it got a very limited release in Europe, mainly due to the DS being released so soon after it.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Another option if it helps: If you have a Gamecube, you could look to buying a Gameboy player. That way you can play Gameboy games on your TV in all their pixellated glory! I think these will be pretty hard to find mind.

I've found a few on Ebay, but they're from International sellers from America. So, I'm not sure if that would pose a problem or not:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__ags-101_W0QQ_dmdZ2?rvr_id=&crlp=1107448675_229447_229448&UA=WVF%3F&GUID=660b15281250a040b1435bd3ff940a50&agid=674677855&MT_ID=10&keyword=ags-101&ff4=229447_229448

It turns out that it may not have been released in all European countries. Wikipedia says that there have been a few reportedly seen in Germany and Italy, but after that...it's all very quiet.

So, it looks like you're going to have a tough time tracking one down, I'm afraid.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I didn't even know a SP+ even existed

Twas a very low-key affair as it overlapped with the release of the DS.

They're not region locked. Just import one from North America. All you would need at that point would be a power supply from Europe ( which are the same as the original DS, but different from those used by the lite and DSi).

Was it even called the SP+? The Wikipedia page only refers to it as the AGS-101 model, and if you google GBA SP+ you end up back at this thread :D

Was it even called the SP+? The Wikipedia page only refers to it as the AGS-101 model, and if you google GBA SP+ you end up back at this thread :D

Haha, yeah, that threw me off. I didn't even know it existed, but through hunting eet down, I just figured he meant the AGS-101 model.

Although, I think the SP's screen is pretty decent enough? It's a lot better than the original Advance screen anyway.

Yeah it was nice at the time, but it was a front light, which was not as bright or as even.

Sign in to follow this