NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2010

Without rain, Malaysia is as bad as Bahrain. It was all too easy for Red Bull in the end. I can't really identify a stint where they had to push. But all the better that Vettel was able to win the race, he should be out of sight already.

What the bloody hell was the thinking behind showing half the race on a different channel? Having recorded the race on BBC1 with no idea that was going to happen I've now missed the entire end of the Grand Prix. Why not just show the whole damn thing on BBC2? Very annoyed.

i hope he will not win this time.

i hate him.

long live SENA

It's spelt Senna son. And erm, why do you hate him? A bit extreme surely?

Enjoyed the race today! I like Malaysia, sun or rain, though preferably rain!

Finally a result for Vettel :D, and great to see both him and Red Bull right back in both championships now!!

Great move from Vettel off the start... he was not gonna get out of the slip stream!

Great drive from Hamilton!

Petrov showed potential at times!

Nice to see Jaime (I'm always gonna call him that because his surname is just too much effort!) score some points! He does seem far more controlled this year!

And really pleased to see Rosberg pick up a podium! Really hope he gets a win this year!

Great race, loving how the season is panning out - the top 9 drivers within 10 points of each other, which is nothing under the current points system! Hopefully this will continue. Great result for the Red Bulls, that's been threatening for a while. Bad luck for Schumi again, as an ex-DHill follower I never thought I'd actually be rooting for him. Show 'em what you're made of MS!

I was at Silverstone yesterday to watch some BRSCC races... Caterhams, Formula Ford 1600, and Formula 3 championships...

And the new circuit layout gets the thumbs up from me!

silverstone.jpg

I was sat in one of the newer grandstand (I've highlighted in red), on the inside of Priory, and there were some fantastic moments watching the cars speed down the new (quite wide) long straight and into that corner... lockup, spins, offroads, cars 3 abreast round priory, and then a few chances carried through round Luffield. Admitedly this was all mainly from the Caterhams, but there was 20 cars in those races, compared to only 10 in the FF and F3 races.

I'm not expecting F1 cars to be as exciting through there as the Caterhams were (damn you downforce!), but the also downforce heavy Formula 3 cars were at least fun to watch, and with an F1 field of 24 this year, hopefully we'll get some good moments!

Edited by Retro_Link

Ok that was my attempt at posting a youtube vid but it didnt work.

Basically. After watching numerous f1 videos I realised how much I miss Juan Pablo Montoya. He was such a dick/badass/twat i just loved it.

Totally agree with you on that, not only was he a great racer but his off-track antics were superb. I think my favourite is when a camera man 'broke his fucking head'.

What a guy.

haha, he's definately a missed character in F1 nowadays... now almost completely devoid of them!

There are so many fantastic youtube clips of him... 'you broke my fucking head', 'fucking raikkonen', 'Oh DEER' etc...

It was the 'you broke my fucking head' video I was trying to put up! Hilarious.

The 'Oh DEER' video is LEGENDARY! The way the mechanic is like 'yeah thats right, a Deer. Like, a hose with horns' hahaha.

Why do they allow him to appeal? Why didn't they just give him that ban in the first place. It was inevitable he would appeal, imo he should be banned for life.

I think he should be back in the sport asap. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy, but he's another of the characters that the sport could do with having around.

So basically none of the people who were involved in the thing were properly punished...

Honestly how the hell has that happened!?

Why do they allow him to appeal?

Em because thats how the free world works? But yeah hes should have been banned for life.

I know most people will have seen this but I still can't quite believe it happened:

Yeah it's one of the most incredible things I've ever seen in F1!!

Buemi was SO lucky he had that run off area and wasn't going through a high speed corner at that point!!

Absolutely Crazy!!

It looks like he's deploying some sort of crazy Mario Kart esque weapon!

Yeah it's one of the most incredible things I've ever seen in F1!!

Buemi was SO lucky he had that run off area and wasn't going through a high speed corner at that point!!

Absolutely Crazy!!

It looks like he's deploying some sort of crazy Mario Kart esque weapon!

Bullet bill? maybe... ;)

Looking forward to qualy tomorrow. Like Turkey, I don't mind the track itself (infact it lends itself towards good racing) but the atmosphere is always so dull :( Mclaren are looking strong and Mercedes are looking quicker too, should be interesting to see the first few rows. Red Bull have been quiet this weekend so far, no doubt partly due to the fact that they don't have a F-duct system in place which is worth up to 4 tenths of a second on this track...

Also, Bernie apparently wants to increase the season to 25 races. Now, erm, NO. Why the hell do you want so many?! You're basically rewarding consistancy, it's crazy. Considering half the tracks are bores (and half of those being unnecessary) you could easily pack a decent season with 16 races.

Bullet bill? maybe... ;)
Could be the future! ;)

Yeah I just read that 25 track thing... and he's not planning to drop any (despite an increasing number, including china, getting such low attendance).

I'm beyond frustrated with all these new circuits and planned street circuits, with 25 on the calander, chances are close to half of the races won't even be that enjoyable anyway!

I just pray that who ever takes over after Bernie actually listens a little more to the fans and spends money wisely redeveloping some of the awesome classic tracks instead of continually throwing money away on tracks that are boring and no one wants... even the population of the coutries themselves by recent trend!

If they do end up increasing to 25 races, it would also make sense to re-group races a little better into 'regions' and do back-to-back race weekends, with breaks coming between these regions... Singapore/Korea etc... with the rest of the Eastern tracks, Brazil with the America's, All of Europe together etc... which would also save costs instead of flying off every now and again.

As for the race... China's ok... but there's just something dull/grey/empty about it that I don't really like.

Edited by Retro_Link