NEurope
Hero-of-Time

NBA Jam!!

Has there been any announcement regarding what is happening with the game here in Europe?

Most stores either de-listed the game, or are showing it as coming out in 2011 (some, such as Amazon, displaying dates as far as August 2011!). HMV is still showing it as being released this month, and displays it as a HMV exclusive.

Is that it: HMV has an exclusive on the game until well into 2011?

What a mess EA did with this game. I think they managed to piss off everyone, on all platforms. :nono:

Doubt HMV have it as an exclusive game. The Oct. 22nd release date they have seems right but EA haven't specifically dated the game for Europe. Mind you, their press site did have the game down for the 22nd when I checked on Friday/at the weekend but I just don't know. I'm going to try and get in touch with EA and find out an answer but whether I get one is another question entirely.

I'm going to try and get in touch with EA and find out an answer but whether I get one is another question entirely.

Did you get any answer?

By the way, this just showed up at the HMV website:

"hmv exclusive title - available online and instore only from hmv"

Has there been any announcement regarding what is happening with the game here in Europe?

Most stores either de-listed the game, or are showing it as coming out in 2011 (some, such as Amazon, displaying dates as far as August 2011!). HMV is still showing it as being released this month, and displays it as a HMV exclusive.

Is that it: HMV has an exclusive on the game until well into 2011?

What a mess EA did with this game. I think they managed to piss off everyone, on all platforms. :nono:

Apparently it's now getting a full retail release on the other platforms with added online. The Wii version might as well not be released now, what a class A f*ck up.

Apparently it's now getting a full retail release on the other platforms with added online. The Wii version might as well not be released now, what a class A f*ck up.

Indeed. It's 360 version for me then.

Did you get any answer?

By the way, this just showed up at the HMV website:

"hmv exclusive title - available online and instore only from hmv"

Sorry it's taken a bit to get back to this. EA didn't get back to me so I didn't get an official answer from them. However, having spoken to someone else, I can confirm it is a HMV exclusive here in the UK, online and in store, and that it is out as of today.

So if anyone is still interested in this, it's out today, 22nd of October, and it's £27.99 online at HMV.com and £29.99 in store. I believe the 360/PS3 versions will be £39.99 when they come out in mid November so basically it's an extra tenner for the online. Whether it's worth it or not, I don't know. Sure there'll be enough people available online to get a game but I'm doubting there'll be a huge community like many of EA's other sports titles.

So yeh, if it wasn't already known then it is now as this is definitely EA's biggest screw up in a long time. Not just in bringing the game to the Wii but also in getting it released here.

Sorry it's taken a bit to get back to this. EA didn't get back to me so I didn't get an official answer from them. However, having spoken to someone else, I can confirm it is a HMV exclusive here in the UK, online and in store, and that it is out as of today.

So if anyone is still interested in this, it's out today, 22nd of October, and it's £27.99 online at HMV.com and £29.99 in store. I believe the 360/PS3 versions will be £39.99 when they come out in mid November so basically it's an extra tenner for the online. Whether it's worth it or not, I don't know. Sure there'll be enough people available online to get a game but I'm doubting there'll be a huge community like many of EA's other sports titles.

So yeh, if it wasn't already known then it is now as this is definitely EA's biggest screw up in a long time. Not just in bringing the game to the Wii but also in getting it released here.

They didn't screw up bringing the game to the Wii, they screwed up bringing a shite, half arsed version of the game to the Wii and then only selling it in HMV.

It does kind of seem like they're futureproofing their justification for favouring PS3/360 over the Wii...

"Look, our decision to bring this game to 360/PS3 was completely justified. The Wii just doesn't sell core games. Look at our sales, it's clear from this that Wii owners just aren't interested in core games. By the way, none of this is our fault. It's the core Wii owners problem."

If anyone is still interested in the Wii version, the price dropped at HMV's website a few days ago.

It's now £17.99.

If anyone is still interested in the Wii version, the price dropped at HMV's website a few days ago.

It's now £17.99.

I actually just wondered about the price of it not so long ago.. so I'm definitely tempted, thanks :hehe:

EDIT I traded in what little was left of my XBOX 360 collection to HMV on Tuesday and came out with NBA Jam.. and it is fantastic :yay:

I've only played it by myself so far but it has been great fun and there seems to be plenty of potential for multiplayer mayhem when my friends come over :grin: It's actually better than I was expecting it to be :bouncy:

I've only played it by myself so far but it has been great fun and there seems to be plenty of potential for multiplayer mayhem when my friends come over :grin: It's actually better than I was expecting it to be :bouncy:

Good to know. :)

I also ended up purchasing the Wii version, which unfortunately is yet to arrive, but it's good to know the end product delivered in the "fun" department, just like the original games.

Good to know. :)

I also ended up purchasing the Wii version, which unfortunately is yet to arrive, but it's good to know the end product delivered in the "fun" department, just like the original games.

I'm pretty sure I only played one game of NBA Jam on the SNES but I didn't really know what I was doing :red: With that in mind, this has basically introduced me to the franchise and.. it's awesome :yay:

I'm looking forward to playing it with friends :grin: I just hope they enjoy it as much as I have been :heh:

Online would have been really nice, to be honest, but it's still completely worth picking up! Let us know what you think about it, Funktion :smile:

This is now only £7.99 in store at HMV.

Would have picked it up myself earlier but with the particular store I was in only having 1 copy of Okamiden and the 3DS coming up, it'll have to wait.

The game is fantastic. I bought it for my gaming weekend last week and it was probably the most enjoyed game out of everything. Shame it isn't online... :(

Found myself in HMV yesterday & couldn't resist for £7.99.

Firstly, i'm not normally into sports games. Just decided to give it a try because i remember it from the arcades in the 90s.

First impressions after 1 afternoon - this game feels great! They've kept the atmosphere from the old one, the flat magazine-cut-out faces are ace, and i have no idea how many lines Tim Kitzrow must've recorded, or how they managed to fit them all in memory during the game.

Also, flicking upward to jump feels pretty good, but slamming the wiimote downward to dunk is possibly the most satisfying, feel-good experience since the invention of the sneeze.

This is now only £7.99 in store at HMV.

Its now £5 instore at HMV... I gave it a miss, that £5 will go towards a 3DS game.

This is going to have to hit bargain bucket, BIG-STYLE in order for me to pick it up now.

Its now £5 instore at HMV
That'll do it. :grin:

Cheers lostmario! icon14.gif

Just been playing this on my newly repaired Wii, it's NBA Jam all right. :D

Wii Remote shooting/dunking works flawlessly too. icon14.gif

Yeah, I'm impressed.

Still annoying how there's no online, but even so... it's an absolute steal for a fiver! :cool:

If only this had online so I could destroy you all at it. :grin:

Smack talk aside, I have a question: you know that loading screen that says about finding a players sweet spot on the court, well, can anyone shed any light on that for me?

If only this had online so I could destroy you all at it. :grin:

..recent evidence would suggest that the lack of online is sparing you from further embarrassment. It isn't all Gasol's fault :heh:

Smack talk aside, I have a question: you know that loading screen that says about finding a players sweet spot on the court, well, can anyone shed any light on that for me?

I don't recall that loading screen but I'll look out for it next time I play. given that my Wii is about to be sent off for repair, it could be a couple of weeks :indeed:

you know that loading screen that says about finding a players sweet spot on the court, well, can anyone shed any light on that for me?
You'll hear a jet engine sound effect when you shoot from one, if you score 3 times from that spot it'll give the character that you're using a stat boost.

I've discovered 1 sweet spot so far, 3pointers from there are pretty much guaranteed now. :D