NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

N-E Massive: Perfect Day

I trust this New Year finds y’all well. To kick start 2010 in pr0 fashion, the N-E Massive [Maybe a name change] shall be taking Lou Reed’s Perfect Day and making it sexier than it has ever been done thus far. Even though it’s been spread around the board a plenty, here is the BBC advertisement remix.

As mentioned Videos is going to be the way forward for this, which means I’ll be learning the amazing power of Windows Movie Maker for the first time. Or ReZ might volunteer, if he’s not busy with... other pursuits. There was talk about it all being filmed in a part/zoo/etc. This doesn’t have to be the car for 100%, because as you can see in the video, pretty much all of it isn’t filmed in a grassy establishment.

Now I’m not expecting this to follow that melody exactly. So for the ‘operatic’ lines, emulation of Lesley Garrett [unless you have a banging rack to display also] and Sir Thomas Allen is not necessary. The reason I’ve named all the artists’ lines is because, as you know, some of the lines are the same, and having someone say they want a line which is in there numerous times, confusion shall ensue.

I’m taking some lines right off the bat [sO THERE] I’ve downloaded the instrumental thing, which I’ll upload somewhere for the sharing pleasure later on.

Lou Reed: Just a perfect day, Drink Sangria in the park, [EEVILMURRAY]

Bono: And then later, when it gets dark, [Roostophe]

Skye Edwards: We go home.

David Bowie: Just a perfect day, [Jimbob]

Suzanne Vega: Feed animals in the zoo

Elton John: Then later, a movie, too, And then home. [Dannyboy-the-Dane]

Boyzone: Oh it's such a perfect day,

Lesley Garrett: I'm glad I spent it with you.

Burning Spear: Oh such a perfect day, [Dannyboy-the-Dane]

Bono: You just keep me hanging on, [Roostophe]

Sir Thomas Allen: You just keep me hanging on. [flameboy]

Heather Small: Just a perfect day,

Emmylou Harris: Problems all left alone,

Tammy Wynette: Weekenders on our own.

Shane MacGowan: It's such fun.

Dr. John: Just a perfect day,

David Bowie: You made me forget myself. [Jimbob]

Robert Cray: I thought I was someone else,

Huey: Someone good. Yeah. [EEVILMURRAY]

Ian Broudie: Oh it's such a perfect day,

Gabrielle: I'm glad I spent it with you. [DudeDazz (no vid)]

Dr. John: Oh such a perfect day,

Evan Dando: You just keep me hanging on,

Emmylou Harris: You just keep me hanging on. [DudeDazz (no vid)]

Brett Anderson: You're going to reap just what you sow,

Joan Armatrading: You're going to reap

Laurie Anderson: Just what you sow,

Heather Small: You're going to reap just what you sow,

Tom Jones: You're going to reap just what you sow... [Roostophe potential]

Heather Small again.

Lou Reed: Oh what, a Perfect Day. [EEVILMURRAY]

Same as the Band Aid, suggest yourself for line/s and slam the material my way.

Go.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Could I have Bono's lyrics, pls?

Also, if we don't get many people, could I also do Tom Jones' line?

I'm in I want the opera blokes lines, I'll have to watch the vid and see what lines he has...I'll even wear a suit and do it, my tenor voice isn't too bad lol!

I wanna do the "I'm glad I spent it with you" part by Gabrielle or "You just keep me hanging on" by Emmylou Harris. Mind, I can't video myself but I can record my voice.

Edited by Animal

Yayness! :D I'd like to do Elton John's line and Burning Spear's line (reggae style! :D). If need be, I can easily do more - love this song! :D

I might take part this time.

But...why this song? In that video it's really..awkward. It's a Lou Reed song, it really doesn't fit very well to many other people, unless they sing it differently (Like Tom Jones, Heather Small etc). It's too..stark or something.

There's better songs to do with this kinda project imo. (I like the song, but it's the one you skip on Transformer if we're all honest)

Eh.

Why this song?

Why the fuck not?

We all know this song is about taking heroin. BBC didn't seem to mind too much, neither did all the musicians who took part.

Say what you want, though, because this shit is happening. You slamming some bitching lyrics or aren't you? That's all we care about.

Apologies for not taking part in the Band Aid. I shall however, wish to take part in this.

If Bowies lines are available, i'd like to do them if possible.

Because it seems like he just watched the video and decided we should copy it just cause it's in the same format.

Because it seems like he just watched the video and decided we should copy it just cause it's in the same format.

So...you think we should all do a song that's sung by one artist just because?

Oh, you know what, forget it. Just stop moaning because nobody really bloody cares. I'm sick of the constant, pointless whinging and moaning about irrelevant stuff that goes on around here. Are you going to contribute or not?

Why this song?

Why the fuck not?

We all know this song is about taking heroin. BBC didn't seem to mind too much, neither did all the musicians who took part.

Say what you want, though, because this shit is happening. You slamming some bitching lyrics or aren't you? That's all we care about.

Don't people disagree on the symbolism of the song?

I'm pretty sure that was the whole point of doing this song. It makes it much easier to do, much easier to split up and much more similar to the original song because it will have lots of different voices in it.

Yayness! :D I'd like to do Elton John's line and Burning Spear's line (reggae style! :D). If need be, I can easily do more - love this song! :D

Now THAT I would love to see!!! But if you're going to record a video, you have to do the little jig as well :D

Now THAT I would love to see!!! But if you're going to record a video, you have to do the little jig as well :D

Naturally. Why would you expect anything less from me? ;)

Naturally. Why would you expect anything less from me? ;)

OOH and you have to wear a rasta wig! :D

I'm afraid I don't have one. :hmm:

:hmm:

Make one? lol. Still, would be epic without it, haha.

Don't people disagree on the symbolism of the song?

It's pretty much common belief/knowledge it's about being on heroin.

It's pretty much common belief/knowledge it's about being on heroin.

I've heard that, yet some people seem to disagree. Meh, I couldn't care less. It's a great song! :D

Smashing reception gringos. Rest assured after this post is... posted, I'm going through the topic and editing in members' "claims".

But...why this song? In that video it's really..awkward.

Nothing wrong with a challenge.

It's a Lou Reed song

"You know Doug, you could've fooled me."

it really doesn't fit very well to many other people, unless they sing it differently (Like Tom Jones, Heather Small etc). It's too..stark or something.

I must be reading this wrong... you're saying that if we don't do what we're planning to do it isn't going to fit.

There's better songs to do with this kinda project imo. (I like the song, but it's the one you skip on Transformer if we're all honest)

I assume Transformer is something like Winamp etc.?

Either way, with regards to future suggestions, they are indeed welcome. Slan a PM my way with your ideas and maybe we'll surprise the forum in the near future.

I'm ashamed to say that I wasn't really aware it was about heroin. I feel I may have been told in the past but have long since forgotten.

Say what you want, though, because this shit is happening.

That's the attitude I'm talking about.

Partially true, but don't have an illusion that I only discovered this recently.

I assume Transformer is something like Winamp etc.?

6731-transformer.jpg

--

I was expressing my opinion Villan, in a forum. Sorry you find that I constantly whinge, not sure what that would reference though.

Thanks for still including me EEVIL. It's such a shame I can't video this!!! Stupid computer! :angry:

...plus my phone (only camera I have) is the shittest on earth. I can try all my friends but I think I already know the answer to that one :hmm: