NEurope
Tales

Your town

As im bored:

Kidderminster

Unrepresentative picturesque view;

007954_1ea9a6f2.jpg

Town is famous because the inventor of...

Penny%20Black-1.jpg

Lived here. So we named a pub after him of course.

We also have a place that makes these;

missile.jpeg

This guy tends to linger round like a bad smell;

robert-plant-2007.jpg

This person is apparently from here;

_44406587_rustielee300.jpg

There's also persistent rumours that one of these is loose somewhere;

kara_panter.jpg

All in all, a craphole.

You also have a safari, which is awesome (may be out of the town's boundaries - in fact I think it's in Bewdley, but still it's a nice day trip for your town's inhabitants!). And a pub with great food called the Badger's Sett (I think? It was opposite a premiere inn)

My cousins live in Kidderminster.

That's all I can say about the place really.

And with this post, the shackles of the frequent poster title, have been broken. I am now a 'true' member of the N-E forum community!

I am now an N-Europe Forum Aficionado!

Godspeed!

Random forum member: "Who the fuck are you?!?"

Edited by The Lillster

You also have a safari, which is awesome (may be out of the town's boundaries - in fact I think it's in Bewdley, but still it's a nice day trip for your town's inhabitants!). And a pub with great food called the Badger's Sett (I think? It was opposite a premiere inn)

Its in Bewdley technically. And I'm not aware of any pub called Badger's Sett....

But the Safari Park is a shithole anyway. (although I may apply for a summer job there...)

I bought a car from Kidderminster once. True story.

Its a shithole

My cousins live in Kidderminster.

That's all I can say about the place really.

Your cousins are... :p

Forgot to mention we also have a shithole old steam railway system (in addition to normal services) but occasionally we get visits from this guy;

180px-Thomas,_Henry,_Duck_and_troublesome_trucks_at_Kidderminster.jpg

Makes it a bit better.

Your cousins are... :p

To be perfectly honest with you, my cousins live in a very nice, relatively big house. But then again the discussion is about area, so I guess I win with my small two bedroomed house. Mind you the area I live in isn't much better and not too far away from Kidderminster either.

Its a shithole

It wasn't that bad, it had cruise control and everything. :p

Its in Bewdley technically. And I'm not aware of any pub called Badger's Sett....

Turns out that was in Hagley. I'm beginning to wonder if I ever actually went to Kidderminster or not. Maybe I subconsciously avoided it due to your insistence that it is awful.

Edited by Shorty

aylesburyTheatre_270x270.ashx?bc=ffffff&w=270&as=1

160_Aylesbury%20low%20res.jpg

As promised here's those pics. (Albeit from the other side of the building)

18161_387664655580_509970580_10489770_1918532_n.jpg

18161_387664665580_509970580_10489771_7918351_n.jpg

Turns out that was in Hagley. I'm beginning to wonder if I ever actually went to Kidderminster or not. Maybe I subconsciously avoided it due to your insistence that it is awful.

Hagley is nearby. Its two stops before Kiddy on the train (thats how I judge distances...) Although all I can think that is there is the posh school.

The Badger's Sett reminds me of being a kid, I'm sure my Mom used to go there on nights out with friends leaving me with the babysitter.

There were a couple of schools in Hagley, surprising considering the size of the place, I think a lot of the hot girls used to come from them...

I'm from Stourbridge, an equally depressing place:

The high street:

bord2000.jpg

Some people you might meet:

guys_425x320.jpg

Some things you might see:

65178598_20383232ab.jpg

Actually this site has a few nice pics of the place, still, I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

I'm now near stourbridge (cradley/halesowen border) although I've not been there for years. Went to a stag do there which was...poor.

Oh very close then! I was back over Christmas and I can't believe people of and around my age seem to like the place so much. Only a couple of bars and pubs, none of which are particularly great and a few charity shops. It used to be great when i was a kid, now it really has gone down the pan.

Is there anything more than the one street? (tell a lie, we did go to the Whetherspoons for a drink sometime after the stag do. And I sometimes end up at Stourbridge Junction but it doesn't really count).

Seems to me like Cradley really. Just one street with nothing really on it.

Yeah that's pretty much it, there is a little shopping centre type thing but nowadays it's just a small Waitrose and WH Smith. There is a Bright House for the local scum though.

I'll stay where I am then :p

Not that I go anywhere other than Tescos and the train station. Although I do like walking through Cradley post-6pm. Such a nice mix of asian food smells. Although most of the local people would probably be disgusted at this fact.

Marlborough's a really nice, quiet town, you just have to make sure you don't run into Pete Doherty, not because he'll do anything to you, but because no doubt you'd have to fight the urge to punch him in the face and end up getting arrested

My home town of Oxford is known for looking a bit like this:

oxford.jpg

but I'm down with eastside Oxford, dats where my dawgs at you know what I'm saying. East Oxford looks a bit more like this:

20080321193035!Carnival_08_Cowley_road.jpg

Anyway, overall it is quite good, lovely pubs but expensive drinks. Could do with a few more decent venues.

My home town of Oxford is known for looking a bit like this:

oxford.jpg

but I'm down with eastside Oxford, dats where my dawgs at you know what I'm saying. East Oxford looks a bit more like this:

20080321193035!Carnival_08_Cowley_road.jpg

Anyway, overall it is quite good, lovely pubs but expensive drinks. Could do with a few more decent venues.

Is there a guy on the right smoking a splif? lol

I live about 5 mins from the three french diving men seen in the picture, towards the shitty arms direction. If you look past the odd drunken fight on cowley then its a pretty nice place!

East Oxford = Cowley / Iffley ?

Well Donnington Bridge way, which is technically South Oxford but seeing as there is bugger all there and Iffley Road is five minutes away I count it as such. Hopefully I'm going to end my year in Oxford soon and head back up Midlands way.

Is there a guy on the right smoking a splif? lol

Most likely yes, it's rare I walk down Cowley Road and not smell weed from somewhere.

I found some pictures of my city/town. It's a place that is filled with lots of different building styles, ranging from quite old to very new heh. Might make it look messy but I like it. It's a nice small city with some lovely places. =)

(Sorry for the size of the pictures, they're not mine!)

Two pictures of the market place.

6211_106529632799_634447799_2184786_4460095_n.jpg

6211_106529642799_634447799_2184788_6840726_n.jpg

Some cafés on the market place with a view on our cathedral (yes it's small, not all cathedrals are huge =P ).

6211_106529807799_634447799_2184811_1749115_n.jpg

Typical streets with pubs/cafés, shops etc. Most of the city itself is closed off for cars too so it's nice to walk. =)

6211_106529667799_634447799_2184791_3173553_n.jpg

6211_106529707799_634447799_2184797_6144668_n.jpg

Small auto ring around the city, which has a walkway and trees going pretty much all around the city.

IMG_2391.jpg

Lovely tiny park in the middle of the city.

IMG_2418.jpg

Some more shops here and stuff; probably the newest part of town as they rebuilt it all a few years ago.

hasselt050.jpg

I know Jayseven has some family in Newport, and I know Jimbob is pretty much next door to me in Caldicot. I'm the first generation of my family to be born in Newport, me and my brothers and my older sister. The rest of my family were all born in the Manchester/Greater Manchester area. So, they originate from Manchester, but some of them were born in Bury, some of them were born in Rochdale, and some were born in Bolton. My grandmother's brother still lives up there, although I haven't seen him in years.

Newport itself was an ok place to grow up in when I was younger.

transpo2.jpg

That's the famous transporter bridge. It stopped working when I was in Primary school, but then they got it working again some years back.

143541648_7ba81ac766.jpg

We've also got a castle, which is by the town bridge.

More recently, a small footbridge was created last year.

1395602_85b1b142.jpg

I'm not a fan of it. Whilst it pretty much is across the road from my house, it doesn't feel safe to walk on at night. It's behind some houses, and there are a few "quiet" areas. If I was a mugger, I would position myself at the end of that bridge and wait for the money to come in. But I'm not a mugger, so it's ok. But they exist, though. So, be careful.

2740_650r.jpg

That's one end of our highstreet. They've been doing a lot of work around the city in time for the Ryder Cup which arrives later this year. Thing is, they didn't really...finish any of the stuff they started.

15996pk.jpg

This is a CGIed (I think) imagine of our shopping centre. They pretty much demolished the old one and created this. Did they create all of that? Nope. All they did was create that centre bit which says Kingsway Shopping Centre. There's barely any shops around it. There's a subway, and a greggs, I think. That's it. The picture there is nothing like how it looks in real life.

Not only that, but that shopping centre flatters to deceive. It looks impressive on the outside, but there's a lot of empty space inside. There's maybe 8 shops, and one of those is a Wilkinsons (which I HATE) which is two floors high.

All in all, I'm not a fan of living here, especially after living in Brighton for 4 years. I know I'm not going to stay here forever, because it just isn't where I want to be anymore. To be honest, I'm not sure why my family moved down here all those years ago. I asked my Mum, and she said Ask your Dad. I asked him, and never got a straight answer, so I played some Wave Race instead. Since then, I just couldn't be bothered again.

I quite like Hasselt (that city Ine posted). It definitely feels different to me...I'm there and it just has a different feel to the UK. You can definitely tell its in mainland Europe, if that makes sense. Plus, I love the smell of waffles when we go shopping.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I live just outside Belfast in an Estate called Belvoir pronounced Beaver, the estate is slap bang in the middle of a forest park so it's pretty awesome :).

Belvoir Park forest is a working forest within a city. It is idealy placed to offer city dwellers a vibrant forest teaming with wildlife and many fine tree specimens within easy reach of Belfast's outer ring.

The forest was opened in 1961 and covers 75 hectares along the south bank of the River Lagan.

There are a number of historic sites to be found within the forest, for example the Norman motte dates back to the 12th century and the ruined graveyard was recorded in 14th century documents. The estate itself was enclosed by the Hill's, a plantation family, around the 1740's. They built a house where the car park is now and the existing buildings, which date from the same era, were farm buildings belonging to the estate. The Ice House, built into the side of the motte also dates from this time. These features are ideal for educational pursuits. The forest has a fine exhibition, with full disabled access and Guides are available for schools and organised groups.

belvoir-1-opt.jpg

1580099109_bcea370264.jpg?v=0