NEurope
Beast

SNOW!

Isnt that just like saying theres snow at the north pole at this time of year?

So? I just thought it was beautiful.

And it didn't stop anyone from posting a similar picture of Great Britain even though everyone knew it had been snowing like crazy all over northern Europe.

Edited by Tales

49 of 50 states in the US have snow on the ground.

Ooh, I wonder which one doesn't have snow...

It's Alaska, isn't it? They never have snow in Alaska. Alaska is just too close to the...to the...north...

...oh...

So? I just thought it was beautiful.

And it didn't stop anyone from posting a similar picture of Great Britain even though everyone knew it had been snowing like crazy all over northern Europe.

It was just the STILL like it was a suprise or something lol. Thats all. I know quite a few people who are out there now doing arctic warfare training. Just seemed like an odd comment that was all.

49 of 50 states in the US have snow on the ground.

The one without snow is probably Nevada or Texas. Both are continuously hot places.

Actually I believe it was Hawaii. Houston Texas has already got 14 inches.

The snow has all gone from the UK. Although I am thankful for it as I slipped up on black ice on xmas eve and dislocated my knee cap!

theres still snow in hampshire where they piled it uup the week after new year. just goes to show how cold its been.

snow coming tomorrow according to ze weather forecast. A good bit of northern ireland (although not us) had it today.

Yay.... not.

Weather report can't make it's mind up. Snow is more likely to fall in the high grounds, where the low grounds (where i am) is expected to get rain or sleet.

Should be interesting anyway, and snow isn't meant to last long.

Edit: Well, it's going to be interesting tomorrow. Reasonable until lunch-time, then snow/sleet until late/into the morning. It's as i said, the weather cannot make it's mind up. BBC Wales says one thing, BBC in general says a different thing.

Edited by Jimbob

Was in town today and it did snow but none settled, took the bus back home and my village is just covered in the stuff and its still coming down

My hometown had some snow earlier, nothing staying down. I go 15 miles up the road into Newport, and it is all slushy (starts at the Coldra). 40 miles away in Cardiff, it had snow and was the same as Newport but according to my Dad who works there, it is gone.

Man, wasn't expecting this weather in Sheffield. Haven't seen snow for about a month, it's been bright for the past few days, even seen the sun.

Wake up this morning to 8" of snow!

You in Sheffield too Shorty? I woke up this morning and was shocked at the sight! Hopefully it won't hang around too long, but it's quite deep innit?

Guildford is currently snow-free, which makes a nice change. I haven't spoken to my folks recently, but, whenever it snows, my home town of Harpenden gets it the most in the south east. What's the furthest south it's gotten to this time? Northamptonshire is the closest I've heard.

Stoke and the surrounding area has about 3-6 inches of snow! enough to enable me to call into work saying I can't make it in .. ha ha. All the bus routes have been cancellled today too bcause the drivers couldn't make it in :D

Teres maybe 2 inch on my street (Cumbria). Dont know what its like over town though. Hope the roads are clear was supposed to be doing something tonight.