NEurope
Beast

SNOW!

Looks like other than a sleet shower later we're not due any more snow. Booo.

May have to go visit the Sheffield crew :p

Oooh, a lot more snow today.

Very good.

I'm in love with the bench snowman.

I want to be his friend, sit next to him and read him a book.

Is he still alive?

As far as I know he's still alive. It's dark though so can't check. Maybe tomorrow if there's still snow I'll make a snowwoman. =)

Eenuh, is that a Burmese Mountain Dog? High five if it is.

Yep, she's a Bernese Mountain dog! Love her! =D

Had some snow over-night, which was a surprise to be honest. Forecast didn't say we'd have any. Forecast says we are not due to get anymore this week, and it would warm up a tad.

Started snowing again here, hope it doesnt last for too long though as I wanna go out tomorrow to get the last few presents I need.

Its really bad to drive on so ill just let you guys into somethings ive found which make it much easier to drive in these conditions.

-Set off in second gear where you can.

-Feather your brakes instead of slamming them on.

-Drive at a speed your comfy with.

-Dont let anyone bully you.

-If your wheels just spin, stop and set off slower.

-Avoid icy routes (even if it means take the long way).

-Most of all dont panic.

Has anyone here had any mishaps yet?

It's carnage up here at the moment. Went to bed last night and having not snowed properly for a few days, it was beginning to melt. Woke up this morning for work and it was just a whiteout. It's been snowing hard all day and it's gonna snow tomorrow. I'll snap some pics later as i'm off to build a snowman.

I nearly crashed my car today. Slid on ice and only just managed to regain control at the very last minute. Really uncool.

I nearly crashed my car today. Slid on ice and only just managed to regain control at the very last minute. Really uncool.

eep! at least you managed to get control again..

Thankfully most of our main roads are okay, but everything else is a disaster. The snow has compacted and basically turned to hard ice. Very scary!

eep! at least you managed to get control again..

Thankfully most of our main roads are okay, but everything else is a disaster. The snow has compacted and basically turned to hard ice. Very scary!

It was nearly as bad driving as that time I tried to drive to Manchester Airport at light speed from Sheffield. :heh:

It was nearly as bad driving as that time I tried to drive to Manchester Airport at light speed from Sheffield. :heh:

hehehehe awesome :grin:

Cursing and everything?!

Good times!

Seen a lot of near misses, glad you came out ok.

How long have you been driving?

We had a bit more snow today so I thought I'd go and take a walk and take some photos when I saw a kid making a snowman so I decided to go back home and...

20973_219877361492_536116492_3515132_1083050_n.jpg

:D

He looks a bit drunk. The snow was quite dense so it was difficult to put things in (although after I took the pics I found some drawing pins so used those as eyes instead).

Then popped him on top of the hedge for passer-byers to appreciate (and hopefully not steal my hat and scarf!)

Does it make it a white Christmas if there is snow on the ground or does it have to be actively snowing. I know the MET office say it has to be snowing but for me as long as its white out there its a white Christmas..obviously!

OMG! Lots of snow.

Hopefully everyone can still get here for Christmas.

It startet melting yesterday. There a chance it will all be gone tomorrow :(

Snow is awesome. I can't help but see how far I can slide along it on my way home.

We had PROPER snow just now, for about two hours -- the really fine stuff. People keep talking about inches of snow and whatever, but I'd say we've never had more than a solirary inch worth here in sheffield (unless there's been greater downfalls in my sleep, which is likely!).

Snow does make me feel all happy-for-no-reason. Is it bad that I want it to snow so bad we're all trapped in our houses 'til january?

This Christmas has been so amazing. I caught the National Express from Newport to London, and I just had my face stuck to the window for most of the journey. Firstly, there were little patches of snow, but it gradually seemed to get thicker and more frequent the further south we travelled.

We got into London, and then I caught my next coach to Brighton. I actually asked the Driver to let me off early, before I got to Preston Park. The whole park was covered in snow. Thick snow. ACTUAL snow! I walked through it, carrying my heavy bag, with a huge smile of my face. :D

I took two pictures, which I'll post later when I upload them. There were some lads also playing football in the snow, haha. I wanted to join in.

Snow is awesome. I can't help but see how far I can slide along it on my way home.

We had PROPER snow just now, for about two hours -- the really fine stuff. People keep talking about inches of snow and whatever, but I'd say we've never had more than a solirary inch worth here in sheffield (unless there's been greater downfalls in my sleep, which is likely!).

Snow does make me feel all happy-for-no-reason. Is it bad that I want it to snow so bad we're all trapped in our houses 'til january?

I keep wanting the same thing, but at the same time i see the downsides.

Would be cool, but get boring.

As promised, here are two photos that I took of Preston Park in Brighton. :)

22564_218954818533_508273533_3042412_7567296_n.jpg

22564_218954828533_508273533_3042413_2283325_n.jpg

This is a photo of my two friends (who I stayed with) having a snow ball fight on The Level. :D At this point, my hands were freezing because I was throwing snow balls without gloves on. So, I took a break and took a few photos.

22564_218968473533_508273533_3042514_6079733_n.jpg

Aaaand...this is me failing to Ice Skate at an indoor ice rink.

22564_219005408533_508273533_3042835_5493695_n.jpg

We had snow xmas eve....then we had pouring fucking rain all day on xmas. Melted all the snow, but not before turning it all into slick sheets of ice.