NEurope
Retro_Link

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

I find it amusing, I think this is like the first game that has ever been based off a movie thats based off a game.

701347-sftmps0f_large.jpg

It's not based off of the movie exactly but it sure smells of cash-in.

Picked this up earlier £30. Giving it a go, pretty good so far. Got some good unlocks inc Eye of Storm, Challenge Mode, Ezlio and various others as well.

SoT voice is back, all good i say.

I hate seeing money going to waste like that.

If you wish to believe this to be a waste of money, all for you.

I for one believe the reviews, especially IGN's. Event they thought this to be a cash-in title for the movie, but it isn't at all. It will surprise you.

That's the last thing it will do. I know EXACTLY what to expect from the game, in platforming and combat terms, and for me that isn't good enough, despite reviewers being content with the same. They may feel obliged to give the game standard 8/10s and that's telling me it's just like the others.

Fed up of these unambitious sequels.

That's the last thing it will do. I know EXACTLY what to expect from the game, in platforming and combat terms, and for me that isn't good enough, despite reviewers being content with the same. They may feel obliged to give the game standard 8/10s and that's telling me it's just like the others.

Fed up of these unambitious sequels.

Then go and comment on games that you might enjoy? :grin:

Jimbob, let us know how the film and the game goes will you? I've been planning to watch the film since I heard about it!

I like to talk about what I dislike. I have had interest in the PoP series, and if I have an opinion on why this game is terrible, I'm entitled to make it.

They should've called this 'LoL: The Forgotten Brand'

I like to talk about what I dislike. I have had interest in the PoP series, and if I have an opinion on why this game is terrible, I'm entitled to make it.

They should've called this 'LoL: The Forgotten Brand'

I wasn't being snotty about it. But oki doki.

I wasn't being snotty about it. But oki doki.

Neither was I really but we both lose as we both came across that way. Double-fail (Y)

Then go and comment on games that you might enjoy? :grin:

Jimbob, let us know how the film and the game goes will you? I've been planning to watch the film since I heard about it!

I don't want to go into too much detail on the movie, don't really want to spoil it for anyone. I have given some thoughts in the movie thread, but if you want to know more send us a PM.

As for the game, the only niggle i've found is the fact that the balancing on the beam(s) isn't like it used to be. Controls can be a tad fiddly (being this is the first SoT style game i've played on a console that isn't a Ninty one).

I've just started it and it's good but I already miss Nolan North and the grand pastel world he ran around in. :(

Completed this last night. The graphics are better than the greyscale sections of the last one, but nowhere near as beautiful as when it was in full colour.

It's also a great relief to be free of that horrendous voice acting. The new prince sounds better, but just mumbles to himself for most of the game so you tend not to pay attention (I loved some of the conversations in the final stages of the game, though).

The game was quite enjoyable, and the pausing water effects were pretty cool. The camera is ultra helpful (it's too helpful) you will never have to actually figure out where to go next and exploration is virtually non-existent. There are also a lot of corridors with similar traps that seem to be there to pad the game out a little. Unfortunately, while the platforming looks cool, it's never difficult, and it's virtually the same jumps from the start to finish.

And then there's the combat. There are a few enemy types (there was a large enemy with horns. It took less than a second for me to realise what it's only attack would be), and you get stronger throughout the game so that the combat just gets easier and easier.

So, it's an enjoyable game but it really could have done with some challenging sections. What's bizarre is that the game also has an option to lower the difficulty.

Completed this last night. The graphics are better than the greyscale sections of the last one, but nowhere near as beautiful as when it was in full colour.

It's also a great relief to be free of that horrendous voice acting. The new prince sounds better, but just mumbles to himself for most of the game so you tend not to pay attention (I loved some of the conversations in the final stages of the game, though).

The game was quite enjoyable, and the pausing water effects were pretty cool. The camera is ultra helpful (it's too helpful) you will never have to actually figure out where to go next and exploration is virtually non-existent. There are also a lot of corridors with similar traps that seem to be there to pad the game out a little. Unfortunately, while the platforming looks cool, it's never difficult, and it's virtually the same jumps from the start to finish.

And then there's the combat. There are a few enemy types (there was a large enemy with horns. It took less than a second for me to realise what it's only attack would be), and you get stronger throughout the game so that the combat just gets easier and easier.

So, it's an enjoyable game but it really could have done with some challenging sections. What's bizarre is that the game also has an option to lower the difficulty.

It's one of them games that feels rushed, but yet it is well worth playing. If Ubi-soft worked on it harder, it could have been better than Warrior Within. They needed the combat from there, but improved upon more (even though there is not much that needs improving with that combat).