NEurope
Dante

Batman: Arkham City

Over Xmas? It came out the end of August. It sold over two million copies in the first three weeks.

I hadn't realised. None of my mates or anyone at work picked it up, I kinda assumed that was pretty normal.

I hadn't realised. None of my mates or anyone at work picked it up, I kinda assumed that was pretty normal.

It sold incredibly well for the time it was released, I recall it being sold out across Leeds when I tried to track it down a week after release.

You could say it's been out nearly a year - high time for a sequel to be announced, especially with NATAL looming.

I'm All up for Batman: Escape from Gotham... ok so that doesn't work, but I just think of the Pliskin movies when I see the trailer.

I don't care if it's exactly the same game but with another 10 hours of new locations. Not one bit do I care.

You could say it's been out nearly a year - high time for a sequel to be announced, especially with NATAL looming.

I'm All up for Batman: Escape from Gotham... ok so that doesn't work, but I just think of the Pliskin movies when I see the trailer.

I don't care if it's exactly the same game but with another 10 hours of new locations. Not one bit do I care.

Honestly, that might not be too far from the truth.

I would also be pretty much fine with a fairly straightforward sequel. The only major change I'd like to see in the formula is that in the first game each of the upgrades you got were a bit flash in the pan: You'd get all this cool shit then use it for a few minor environmental puzzles and wall destroying then never use them again. More 'troid influence in the consistent use of toys, please.

That aside, wouldn't mind more of the same at all.

Splinter Cell offers another source of steal-that-if-it's-legally-possible inspiration for co-op; I'd like to see some kind of puzzle based asymmetric play online with one player as Batman and one as Robin.

I'm assuming that, narratively speaking, a chunk of this sequel will be about explaining how we've gotten to this point since the previous game. Inserting Robin straight off the bat would mean a huge missed opportunity -- but yeah, I'm always up for co-op play!

I know what you mean about the gadgets etc. They only really served a purpose if you were willing to backtrack and seek out all the secrets (I was). Ideally we'd start with all the gadgets we finished off with last time, then have more added -- but of course how that could work with limited button assignment options let alone the unfortunately necessary 'tutorial' needed for new gamers in order to know how/when to use the current gadgets... Errr... tangent a little, there. But yeah! I like your idea of the game pushing the player to decide which course of action would be best.

Also, the combat - while hugely fun, was sometimes a bit awkward to control. I found that the game often refused to do precisely what I wanted, but that may've been down to a bit of heavy-handed button-mashing on my part.

I really cant wait for some more info on this, if Uncharted 2 hadnt come out in the same year then Arkham Asylum would have been my favourite game of last year.

I traded my original copy in but im really in the mood to play it at the moment so im just waiting until a good deal comes up for the game of the year edition before I buy it again.

Makes you wonder if some of those will end up being easter eggs and we'll see some of the web addresses dotted about. PeopleforGotham, StopMayorSharp and WheresBruceWayne seem like they could be that.

Havn't heard much from this for a while, have watched the teaser several times to keep wetting my appetite for this title.

Havn't heard much from this for a while, have watched the teaser several times to keep wetting my appetite for this title.

You should read Batman: No Man's Land.

Thought I'd drop in to say Hamill still has one more Joker performance left in him: DC Universe Online! Hopefully if there's a Batman: AA 3 he'd come back again..

thing is he is THE definitive joker voice he isn't gonna drop it if the money keeps rolling in, lets face it what else is he doing?!

Numerous other voice acting gigs?

Check out his IMDB profile, he is pretty big in the voice acting business.

John DiMaggio was a great Joker in 'Under the Red Hood'..

Really? I thought it suited the tone of the film. What isn't thuggish about murder with a crowbar..

Yeah but its not the act but the character and I dont think that the Joker should ever be depicted as thugish.

'Batman: Arkham City' dated for late 2011

The sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum has been detailed.

Subtitled Arkham City, it will be released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC for Autumn 2011.

"Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security 'home' for all of Gotham City’s thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds," read a press release.

"Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight."

The cover for GameInformer's September issue also reveals that the title will feature Catwoman.

Batman: Arkham Asylum was released in August 2009.

550w_gaming_arkhamcity.jpg

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a256539/batman-arkham-city-dated-for-late-2011.html

1) BATMAAAAAANNN!!!

2) Rez sucks.

Are you just reading off the wall of a nursery toilet?