NEurope
Dante

Batman: Arkham City

Hopefully they will expand more on Batman's rogue gallery.

Boss fights with Mr.Freeze and Clayface would great.

And to add insult to injury, in the personnel profile it says that he is a everything you mentioned but in the game he a dimwit that runs into walls.

Well at least there was a reason in the first game, he was overloaded with venom to the point where he couldnt really think

Awww come on. Thats all well and good, but those aren't villains who would make good video game bosses. Its just like Heroclix, they don't translate well to games.

I quite liked the villians in AA, ok so the outfits were alot different than they should have been, but I liked harley quinns nurse outfit, cute!

Yeah, otherwise, I hope its not released soon, it'll be utter fail otherwise, tbf AA hasn't been out amazingly long in the first place..

Warner Drops Square-Enix Europe (Edios) From Publishing

Warner to publisher Arkham Asylum 2

Warner’s confirmed it’s to publish the now-announced Batman: Arkham Asylum 2, not Square Enix Europe.

“We are thrilled to build a global game franchise from Batman: Arkham Asylum, which is receiving an incredible response from gamers and fans of Batman around the world,” said WBIE boss Martin Tremblay.

“Rocksteady has taken Batman to a new level in the video game space and we are committed to delivering a sequel the fans will love.”

It’s a worldwide deal. Unlucky, Herr Square. You’ll just have to settle with FFXIII, instead.

PR after the break.

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES SEQUEL TO THE CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUMTM VIDEO GAME

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Will Publish the Rocksteady Studios Sequel Worldwide

London, United Kingdom – December 14, 2009 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced that it will be the worldwide publisher of the sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum™, one of the year’s most highly reviewed and top-selling video games. The sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum is currently in development with Rocksteady Studios and is based on DC Comics’ core Batman property.

Fans can visit http://www.arkhamhasmoved.com to sign up to receive updates regarding the game.

“We are thrilled to build a global game franchise from Batman: Arkham Asylum, which is receiving an incredible response from gamers and fans of Batman around the world,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Rocksteady has taken Batman to a new level in the video game space and we are committed to delivering a sequel the fans will love.”

“Getting the opportunity to create Batman: Arkham Asylum and seeing its success has been a dream come true for the team,” said Sefton Hill, Game Director, Rocksteady Studios. “We are honoured to create the next chapter in this compelling story and promise to deliver another game worthy of the DARK KNIGHT.”

I will fucking hate if this games title has "Arkham Asylum" in it.

It should be "Batman : Gotham City" or "Gotham Overrun" or even "No Mans Land"

Give the public the benefit of the doubt that they will recognise it as a sequel.

Mark my words: It's going to be like Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.

Worst. Title. Ever.

imo there was quite a few sucky things about AA that i didn't like at all. here's hoping that this game will be better. having the joker back doesn't seem like a step in the right direction, even if it is a (surprising) return from mark hamill.

imo there was quite a few sucky things about AA that i didn't like at all. here's hoping that this game will be better. having the joker back doesn't seem like a step in the right direction, even if it is a (surprising) return from mark hamill.

As long as the Joker isn't the main boss, this title should be decent. I mean, how can the creators surpass the original game. It was such a great title.

There's definitely room for improvement. I'd like to see a bit more fluidity between the different elements of the game. In AA it was abundantly clear that a section was either a puzzle, a fight, a stealth section or a platform stage. If they could make that less obvious and give the player more choice in how to approach a given section- fights you can avoid with stealth or an alternative route, for example, I think the game would be stronger.

The original was ace but I thought it lacked replay because it was linear in terms of player choice.

Hopefully they will expand more on Batman's rogue gallery.

Boss fights with Mr.Freeze and Clayface would great.

And actually have the game having "length" not being used to walk slow as fuck to pimpsmack Killer Croc.

The Riddler having a more prominent role would be awesome too. And if Mr Freeze is in it, you know we need Arnie's voice.

And actually have the game having "length" not being used to walk slow as fuck to pimpsmack Killer Croc.

The Riddler having a more prominent role would be awesome too. And if Mr Freeze is in it, you know we need Arnie's voice.

oh do get out

Fuck that.

We need this guy.

Second that. I wanted to post the exact same thing, but I forgot to look up the voice actor. Did you find out his name?

oh do get out

Yes, because I wasn't being serious at all.

You mean you don't find this voice amazingly sinister?

The one in The New Batman Adventures blows.

I've always liked the voice of Freeze in "The Batman", but I can't seem to find a video of him with the actual voice, all they have are shitty "tributes" playing some song over the footage.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I've always liked the voice of Freeze in "The Batman", but I can't seem to find a video of him with the actual voice, all they have are shitty "tributes" playing some song over the footage.

Dude, that's Clancy Brown. The guard from the Shawshank Redemption, also appeared in Lost, Carnivale (the preacher) and... as Eugene Krabs in Spongebob.

Dude, that's Clancy Brown. The guard from the Shawshank Redemption, also appeared in Lost, Carnivale (the preacher) and... as Eugene Krabs in Spongebob.

I know. And it'd be sexy.

997STS_Clancy_Brown_007.jpg

"MEDDDIIIIIICC!!"

'Batman: Arkham Asylum 2' to miss 2010?

Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 will miss its 2010 release date, according to a report.

A senior UK retail source said that it would delay the title until early 2011 to avoid the busy Christmas release period.

"We've been told that Warner has acted early to avoid releasing the game into a heavily congested pre-Christmas market," the source told CVG.

"It wants to dominate the first quarter of 2011 instead, when it can get maximum retail space and mindshare amongst gamers."

Although the title was originally scheduled for this year, a Warner representative said that no release date has been announced.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a216118/batman-arkham-asylum-2-to-miss-2010.html

Probably a good idea, id like the game to get as much attention as possible

Yeah, because it worked for so many titles this year.

Seriously though, good luck to them. Arkham Asylum was fantastic and it's a real shame that it didn't sell as well as the bigger releases over Christmas.

Over Xmas? It came out the end of August. It sold over two million copies in the first three weeks.

After watching the trailer, I've finally started playing Batman Darkham Asylum!

Its awesome.