NEurope
Dante

Batman: Arkham City

It's a shame they pushed the PC release back though. Comes out the same day as Skyrim.

I'm nearly convinced that because of the c**k up at GAME, i won't get this on Friday. Seriously, since they've updated the site things have gone wrong. No-one is running the Twitter or Facebook pages, and i've had no reply via the contact page on-site.

Service ain't what it used to be, and i was looking forward to release-day Arkham as well. Shame.

Go pre-order it at Tesco then. Do £40 of shopping on Friday and the game will be £30. That's the steelbook edition plus Joker DLC Map.

I've just cancelled with Sainsbury's and done this ^

I'm nearly convinced that because of the c**k up at GAME, i won't get this on Friday. Seriously, since they've updated the site things have gone wrong. No-one is running the Twitter or Facebook pages, and i've had no reply via the contact page on-site.

Service ain't what it used to be, and i was looking forward to release-day Arkham as well. Shame.

That's why I don't pre-order online unless it's a really good deal (BF3 + 3 pairs of DKNY boxers for £30 kind of good). The supermarkets are usually competitive on price even if nobody else is.

Basically:

Green Lantern Rings track and recruit people who are capable of overcoming fear, whereas their polar opposites are Yellow/ Sinestro Corps rings that recruit those capable of inspiring fear. In one issue of Green Lantern a yellow ring ends up on Earth and tries to recruit Batman as the one most capable of doing just that. It only lasts for a few frames as he rejects it but it's a cool moment.

ReZ spent at least half an hour trying to explain this at the NE Meet Up.

No-one is running the Twitter.

Not true, they are regulary tweeting and only two weeks ago (ish) they replied to one of my tweets.

Your other points I reckon are pretty valid since they didn't reply to one of my e-mails recently either. I'm sure that if you re-ordered straight away you will still get it for launch.

I guess you missed the whole GAMe changing their delivery service and no longer giving release day guanrantees. Best to avoid nowadays. Their site used to be decent.

To be honest, if it was sent out Monday it'd get here by Friday even at 2nd class. The only thing stopping it would be if they wanted it stopped. They used to get them to me the day before release :(

I used to regard GAME.co.uk up there with Shopto for guaranteed release-day/earlier deliveries :/ guess they've had some cuts recently or something which has unfortunately changed that.

Did anyone order from Amazon?

Not had a dispatch email from them yet, wondered if anyone else has?

normally Amazon pre-orders arrive the day before release for me (Fable3 and Halo Reach have done) Was rather hoping this tradition would continue with Arkham City. But judging by the fact I haven't had a dispatch email doesn't look likely.

Some of that looks great, other parts is just over-the-top and distracting.

Also banging on about tessellation in games is kind of stupid at this point - unless the whole art-pipeline is created with tessellation in mind then the effects are only worthwhile on a couple of things.

Looks pretty though!

My steelbook edition shipped at around 3pm from shopto today. I would usually be like YES defintely here tomorrow but I'm still waiting on another game I bought on friday from there...bizarrely some books arrived on super saver from amazon that I ordered on the same day, so its not post around here being dumb.

ReZ spent at least half an hour trying to explain this at the NE Meet Up.

Oh god, don't remind me of that. I still reckon no-one fully understood it either.

Not true, they are regulary tweeting and only two weeks ago (ish) they replied to one of my tweets.

Your other points I reckon are pretty valid since they didn't reply to one of my e-mails recently either. I'm sure that if you re-ordered straight away you will still get it for launch.

Yeah, re-ordered it straight away. Still dissapointed that it was cancelled with no reason.

I used to regard GAME.co.uk up there with Shopto for guaranteed release-day/earlier deliveries :/ guess they've had some cuts recently or something which has unfortunately changed that.

I'm considering swapping to Shopto for my gaming needs. Thats if GAME keep heading in the direction they are heading.

Other than once (recently) I swear by shopto and if it doesn't arrive for launch day they will refund you £3. Also pretty much every single major release comes with some kind of extra even if its just a keyring or a t-shirt for the standard price.

Guess what I goooooooooooooooooooooot :P

Nice collectors edition. Glad I got it as the statue is really nice, great detail and texture and has a decent weight to it. Kotobukiya did a good job with it. Also came with a Gotham Knight dvd but I already have that on Bluray, the artbook has some really nice images and all DLC content is present and accounted for. Dark Knight Returns skin and penguin challenge map.

My only down with is that it doesnt have a proper game case, the game is in the back of the artbook.

Bit to early to get stuck into the game so I'll start later.

Ordered from Tesco Entertainment and was despatched yesterday. I've never used them before so no idea if it will turn up today. Postie should be here soon though so fingers crossed.