N-Europe

War for Cybertron!!

Retro_Link

OK, so there's quite a lot of nifty information about this game that other might not have grasped yet. For instance, there is a heavy accent on multiplayer throughout as not only is there a very large multiplayer section but also single player is drop-in-drop-out co-op at all times.

The title is running on Unreal so in short, getting this for the PS3 is likely to be a mistake although they may have improved the optimisation by now.

Here are the more important vids (left out the story line spoiler one though!)

Big Dev Interview

Al the details that you need to know. Very exciting stuff :-)

Multiplayer - Game Modes

Multiplayer - Character classes and customisation

Designing Cybertron - Meet Hasbro guy too!

I'll answer a few questions from people in the thread:

Trypticon - RAAAAAAR!!!!!!

Really quit stupid but amazingly powerful. Very much the "Tidal Wave" of the original series but he could also transform into a city like Metroplex. He's very Zoidzilla if you were into Zoids.....

401px-Trypticon.jpg

Vehicle Forms

From what I've seen in the trailers, the vehicles aren't really earth-type designs but are very much related to them. I mean, Devastator is a big ass tank of sorts but he's a hover tank. Essentially a vehicle with high armour and high fire power. So that would end up looking like a tank.

To me all of the vehicles look quite proto-form to their respective earth vehicles and as you can see in the trailer, some of them hover just like in the first G1 episodes.

Edited by Jamba

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing this today and yesterday. It's damn cool and the bosses are pretty good from what i've seen.

The script is pretty good and they subtly put some depth into the relationships between them. There are lots of bugs to do with collision but hey it's pretty ignorable. The multiplayer is hectic as well, even more so than the demo. Player with the other 2 classes as well makes for some great dynamics.

Hope to see some people online.

Starscream is fucking sick.

I love Megatron's Fusion Cannon, it just nails an Autobot so damn hard that they just disappear into another realm of pizownage. His tank mode is so damn formidable as well.

Enjoying it so far, although only on the third chapter. Story is pretty funky too, I look forward to getting to control Optimus :D

Really enjoying it myself too. Not really that much of a Transformers fan, seen the films and seen random eps of the show back when I was a kid, but I wouldn't say that I was a fan. After playing this it really has perked my interest in the source material. I think I might have to find some shows to watch :)

On Chapter VII and getting to play as Optimus. It continues right after where the Decepticon story finishes. Good stuff :D

Has anyone played Escalation mode? I had a game earlier with some randomers and my God it was fun! Although no one was using a mic, we eventually all got the general idea that holding out in one particular room was our best chance. I've decided that Warpath is my favourite character to play as, KA-BLAM! (Love how he still has the explosive tourettes that he had in the original cartoon, although I would've loved to have heard a "ZOWIEE!" at least once)

We should get some of us playing it together sometime :D

Completed this this morning, end boss was sick. I played a few games in multiplayer. Did terrible first time but I absolutely destroyed (well 7 kills 2 deaths) second game, was well happy. I'm not normally good at multiplayer, especially not second go. Anyway its very fun and I will be up for some games. :)