NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Dead Space 2

Collectors Edition

http://www.gametrailers.com/news/dead-space-2-collector-s/2554

Dead Space 2 Collector’s Edition Revealed

DeadSpace2_CE.jpg

If you’re pumped about Dead Space 2, you might wanna check out the recently announced Collector’s Edition of the game, which will include – get this – a replica Plasma Cutter with trigger activated LED lights…

Nice.

In addition to the replica Plasma Cutter, the CE will come packed with a lithograph depicting Necromorph transformation concept art, the Dead Space 2 Original Soundtrack, “Scoring of the Dead Space 2” featurette, and some in-game items in the form of the Unitology Suit and Force Gun.

The Collector’s Edition will retail for $79.99 and ship alongside the regular version of the game on 360, PS3, and PC when they both release on January 25, 2011.

The demo's out now for Live Gold subscribers.

If you're a PS3 owner your options are: 1) Wait until tomorrow for the EU Store update, 2) Wait a few hours for the US update or 3) Download it right now from the Hong Kong Store.

It's amazing, you should all try it. With headphones.

Demo was pretty good. I like the new zero gravity controls.

I could have done without the repetitive chambers at the beginning though. Went through the same area about 5 times. Was a bit strange to see a Resident Evil style hallway with candles and statues though. I know people complained about samey environments last time, but this just seemed totally out of place.

Maybe the full game will explain it though and it won't feel as odd.

The enemies still manage to instill blind panic though, especially those screaming baby things - they're horrible!!

The Church setting makes perfect sense in isolation — a large part of the plot it about Scientology Unitology — but the demo environments feature something of an incongruous progression, most likely because this is a vertical slice of the game designed to show off the various new elements. In other words they've stitched bits of levels together.

Fair enough - I can't really remember the story from the first one so may need a quick revisit.

I hope they take out those stasis chambers though.

Just played the demo, must say I liked what I played. Good atmosphere, and if I'm not mistaken the game does well to keep you from loitering too much as the odd enemy will spawn behind you if you don't progress quickly.

Shooting is very solid and most agreeable.

Does this game use the Playstation Move?
I didn't think it did, but an Advert over on Gametrailers seems to suggest it does.

Are you sure that isn't for the Dead Space: Ectraction that's included with it?

How do you get hold of Extraction in the UK?

You can get it on Wii for under a tenner!

You can get it on Wii for under a tenner!

Which I do already have, but tempted to play through again with Move.

Mentioned at play.com in the collectors edition which is exclusive to them

Play.com

My understanding of the situation is that it comes with the Limited Edition, which is in effect the standard copy on PS3 come day of release as it's all that will be available. However, once the first print run of the game is sold out that's the end of the LE — it is genuinely limited — with future copies of the game only coming with a demo of Extraction.

In other words, any PS3 copy you buy on day one should come with the full version of Extraction. Should.

Just seen the IGN (us) review of this.

They gave it 9.0!!! The low down is single player=ace. Multiplayer= bit poo.

This is a definate purchase for me (at some point).

I LOVED the first one and really want to play the 2nd but i'm not sure if i'll get it on release day due to the 1st game dropping in price stupidly fast.

I was looking at the achievements yesterday and for one of them you have to finish the game on the hardest setting, with no checkpoints and a maximum of 3 saves for the entire playthrough! :o

Just seen the IGN (us) review of this.

They gave it 9.0!!! The low down is single player=ace. Multiplayer= bit poo.

This is a definate purchase for me (at some point).

What did you think of the IGN review? I havent read it myself but it seems to have become a bit of a joke across the Internet, like it was written by a 14 year old or something.

Sign in to follow this