NEurope
or else you will DIE

Rage Against The Machine Xmas No. 1 2009

I've heard X-Factor are either doing a Journey or a Rage Against the Machine number for the winner. (each finalist is given either the Journey or the Rage song, winner releases said song).

If it's a Journey number, then i shall purchase the original. If it's the Rage number, then i shall purchase the original. Whichever the X-Factor pick as the winners song i shall buy the original.

Nah apparently its a Hannah Montana song!!!!

MUPPETS FTW!!!!!!!

I'm still can't stop laughing at Animal's part in the song.

Why have they disappeared? Need another movie by them! Sorry but Muppets all the way!

Jason Segel has written and will star in a new Muppets movie. :idea:

Nah apparently its a Hannah Montana song!!!!

Yeah, it's The Climb by Miley Cyrus they get.

what a load of sh!te

That is not cool!

That is SO cool!

Yeah, it's The Climb by Miley Cyrus they get.

I like that song, mainly because of the lyrics.

Flameboy, how can you NOT love that? It's brilliant! :D

Anyway, I'm not too bothered, but I am getting a bit tired of X Factor these days.

it's all pointless and the only winner in this is Sony since they own the rights to both the X-factor winners song and the RATM song so they won't care either way

That's going to be amazing

it's all pointless and the only winner in this is Sony since they own the rights to both the X-factor winners song and the RATM song so they won't care either way

Not really. It's a stand against established popular culture.

I agree it's exactly what happened with Jeff Buckley last year...

this won't change anything and I believe without x factor it wouln't make number 1 anyway.

Here's the problem: people can't agree on a single song. So with everyone divided they can't compete with the brainless zombies that buy the X-Factor single.

Why does it even matter who gets number one for Christmas? Is it really that big a deal?

Why does it even matter who gets number one for Christmas? Is it really that big a deal?

Well yeah, I want a CHRISTMAS NUMBER 1! A number 1 song which is ACTUALLY about Christmas. But seeing as we can't have that anymore, I'll just go with the song that's the most fun. And Journey! :p

That group is by the same bloke who tried to get Rick Astley to #1 last year and miserably failed.

1) Its pointless. Yeah its crap the race to the Xmas number one has been non existent for the last...7 years or however long its been but try as people have mighted, its never worked.

2) At least last year was a fairly...broad song. Something like Rage is going to divide the people quite heavily. Not everyone is into them, and they could quite easily turn people off.

3) Nothing. But the rule of three compelled me to write something here.

Love this song, spent many a good night dancing to this with fellow Rage fans. It would be epically funny to see it as Xmas number 1 but it's never gonna happen. I think it could make the top 5 maybe. Would be great though if it did happen :)

I'm probably gonna join in and buy for the laugh.

2) At least last year was a fairly...broad song. Something like Rage is going to divide the people quite heavily. Not everyone is into them, and they could quite easily turn people off.

"Fuck you! I won't do what you tell me!"

There's a reason the song was picked.

"Fuck you! I won't do what you tell me!"

There's a reason the song was picked.

Well with that in mind...Fuck you, I won't buy Rage.

Okay yeah its anti-establishment, but regardless its not very festive which is where I was going with the "will turn people off". (although I'm sure the creators/backers won't ultimately care)

Chenoweth for xmas number one? Who can resist her charm?

RATM are the best band you'll ever see live (well probably not seen as chances are they wont come back) and its a million times better than fucking x factor. Going to have learn how to do this pay for downloading stuff people have been into recently :P

Even though I have the track, if appears to be doing well I may purchase it. But I'm not getting duped like last year.

Only 70p on play.com which I believe counts towards xmas number one after the 13th....

hahah cant believe how much this is now being advertised. Heard it on Xfm, BBC radio 6 and saw it on the yahoo home page. Awesome.

Rage against the machine are a embarrassment to music.

Infact it's not even music it's noise.

This. I just listened to the track, WTF! This isn't at all festive or cheery or anything. All I'm hearing is drums played randomly and a bloke shouting something I can't understand. Is the track foreign because I can't understand him? Does anyone have lyrics, he really should have subtitles!

Sorry but Journey over this ANYDAY!