NEurope
Ollie

Post your Christmas tree 2009 edition!

Well I'm getting into the Christmas spirit early this year as it is the first Christmas I have had my own place :santa:

Here is our tree, sadly it isn't real, the Mrs wouldn't let me have a real one, but we did get a bargain at B&Q.

2009-12-02%2013.17.35.jpg

We're missing one more bit of tinsel as we didn't buy enough, but it's nice to have the tree up, feels Christmassy in the flat :grin:

I've got a picture of last years works tree, i would have a new picture of the tree from this year but there be a slight hitch, i have no job!! As and when i find this photo, i shall post it.

Nice stuff Ollie and good man for getting in the Christmas spirit already!

Mine will go up fairly soon and hopefully, if I remember, I shall take pics too!

Isn't having a tree up already a bit early? :heh: Traditions differ.

There isn't really a wrong or right answer! Heck, we had our town lights on at the start of November!

Isn't having a tree up already a bit early? :heh: Traditions differ.

My mum doesn't put hers up until about mid December, I guess that's partly why I wanted to do ours earlier this year :grin:

That's a bit late isn't it?

Not really?

We usually don't put ours up until a week or so before Christmas. But that's cause we have the tradition of not doing it until after Sinterklaas has passed, and when we were in secondary school we'd have exams so we'd wait until those were over (which would lead us to mid-December).

There isn't really a wrong or right answer! Heck, we had our town lights on at the start of November!

Aye, the shops and so always start out very soon with the Christmassyness. Heck, I was getting in a Christmassy mood even before Halloween! And yet, with my busy school work, time has flown, and now it's already December!

Aye, the shops and so always start out very soon with the Christmassyness. Heck, I was getting in a Christmassy mood even before Halloween! And yet, with my busy school work, time has flown, and now it's already December!

haha truth.

I think if soag (veteran member!) had his way we'd be celebrating Christmas ALL YEAR. He texts me on the 25th of EVERY DAMN month of the year to remind me how long is left :P

haha truth.

I think if soag (veteran member!) had his way we'd be celebrating Christmas ALL YEAR. He texts me on the 25th of EVERY DAMN month of the year to remind me how long is left :P

Haha! Soag's awesome, no doubt about it. :)

Haha! Soag's awesome, no doubt about it. :)

25th july: "5 months til christmas!!!!"

Last thing I'm thinking about in the middle of summer haha :bouncy:

25th july: "5 months til christmas!!!!"

Last thing I'm thinking about in the middle of summer haha :bouncy:

Soag sounds like my Dad, he always reminds me how many shopping days are left before Christmas. First-time the reminder comes in is on Christmas Day itself.

Ours in in the process of being decorated as I speak, hopefully it'll be done soon and I can post a pic xD.

That was almost 15 hours ago, how long does it take to decorate a tree?

[/poor Rez style joke. :heh:]

It's too early for decorating at my house, but I'll post pics as soon as the tree is up! ^^

Christmas trees always look baaaaad in our photos. Ours doesn't have an overall theme. Every year we each buy a new ornament and add it to the collection. I typically choose one that the wife thinks is ugly.

CIMG1328.JPG

CIMG1329.JPG

CIMG1330.JPG

CIMG1331.JPG

CIMG1332.JPG

Jesus Christ your kids are big!

My Christmas tree has been up for at least 2 weeks, we always do it around the beginning of December.

I'll post pictures of it along with the Nativity Scene (or whatever its called in English), later.

Aww, your pics are great Odwin :D

My Christmas Tree goes up on the 13th of December (12 days before Christmas). No pics though, camera is unfortunately crap and I have no idea how to put them on computer

nice tree , whats the going rate for 6 foot real trees up country this year? usually £30 -£40 here but i hear there are shortages this year :(

Awww,that's so tismassy the pics of you and your family Odwin!

I managed to convince Shorty to have a tree up last week, so we went out and bought one and put it up while watching Home Alone! I don't think it's too early once your in December. I don't like it how all the shops go Christmas crazy in mid October now though, I like Halloween, Bonfire night then get ready for Christmas :D

Mr_Odwin, to prove I have a heart despite not liking Up!, I just want to say I think it's amazing that we as a collective have been able to watch your kids grow up, in a totally non-creepy way, from "We're having a baby!" forum posts to the pictures we see today. And they look so happy :) well done, dude!