NEurope
tapedeck

What's the best thing about Christmas?

That always puzzled - my ex and her family would do the same thing - what the hell do you guys even have Boxing day for if you're gonna do all the Christmas stuff before it's actually Christmas!

No, we don't have a day for celebrating two guys with gloves punching each other in a square called a ring. Because that would just be stupid.

And as today is the 1st December, i officially allow the playings of Christmas music (this is when i allow myself to listen to it). As Flink said in an earlier post, it's the only time when i also allow repeats of "Band Aid" and officially get away with it.

I've had Christmas songs on for awhile. Plus multiple playage of all Band Aids. All year.

Are you joking?

I'm playing off the "everyone hates the town over from them" theme. But yeah....I spose Aylesbury isn't all that.

Why do you...like Wendover?

I'm playing off the "everyone hates the town over from them" theme. But yeah....I spose Aylesbury isn't all that.

Why do you...like Wendover?

Have you seeeeeeen the lights on the clock tower at Christmas?! :p It's just a quaint little town, I like it. I also hate chav-filled Aylesbury, heh.

Have you seeeeeeen the lights on the clock tower at Christmas?! :p It's just a quaint little town, I like it. I also hate chav-filled Aylesbury, heh.

Aylesbury isn't full of chavs!

Proof; (comment on video)

lol dat woz funny i always miss wen they put up the xmas lights tho!!

Posted by the delightfully named "sweetappletits"

_45260453_-5.jpg

My town made national news last year...for that awesome tree. :o

Typical of my town tbh. (Link) The video on the Beeb site is awesome.

_45260453_-5.jpg

My town made national news last year...for that awesome tree. :o

Typical of my town tbh. (Link) The video on the Beeb site is awesome.

You're from Peterlee?!? My first ever girlfriend was from Peterlee! How exciting!

I grew up in the dump that is Billingham.

Edited by Mr_Odwin

Toy R Us adverts!

Although as an adult "There's millions of Geoffreys all under one roof" sounds kinda homoerotic.

Although as an adult "There's millions of Geoffreys all under one roof" sounds kinda homoerotic.
It's "There's millions says Geoffrey, all under one roof"

Millions of Toys! :rolleyes:

God Toys R Us was amazing. Back before you could buy things on the internet instead, I remember trying to get Power Rangers from there during the Christmas rush. The aisles were full but the shelves were empty. Stupid parents were buying "Power Team" and "Super Rangers" knockoffs instead, seemingly with the aim of making their children cry on Christmas morning.

You know, in Denmark, Christmas Eve is the climax of Christmas. We have an amazing dinner, dance around the tree while singing Christmas songs, and open our presents. Christmas Day is just some sort of recovery day after the festivities, much like New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

It's the same thing over here.

It's the same thing over here.

Same, except we don't dance and sing around the tree. That just seems like something straight out of a cartoon. =P

When I get home I'm going to dance round my christmas tree. :grin:

Well not so much round it more I'm going to wobble into my christmas tree and end up entangled in the lights

Getting my sister's dog tomorrow. Or rather, my sister is getting a dog, so Xmas tree operations won't go into action for a good week or so. *cries*

I told my family christmas would be ruined if we didn't get a real tree, so we are. It's the only thing I care about at christmas time. Fair enough having a fake one if it's not feasible to have a real one, but real ones are so solid gold.

God Toys R Us was amazing. Back before you could buy things on the internet instead, I remember trying to get Power Rangers from there during the Christmas rush. The aisles were full but the shelves were empty. Stupid parents were buying "Power Team" and "Super Rangers" knockoffs instead, seemingly with the aim of making their children cry on Christmas morning.

Ah, but parents don't know the difference. They just think it's the "same toy"

Ah naive 90s parents

I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard it as "millions of Geoffreys". :heh:

You're from Peterlee?!? My first ever girlfriend was from Peterlee! How exciting!

I'm grew up in the dump that is Billingham.

Nice! Billingham is literally half an hour from me. I've only ever been to the ice rink way back in the 80's.

small.jpg