NEurope
canand

The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time Remake

Who would want The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time Remake  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who would want The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time Remake

• YES
    • NO

I think it will be good to get a remake please Nintendo make it.

Edited by canand

I will buy it when Nintendo release remake Ocarina of Time it will be good and have lots of new characters and graphics so I really want it now.

The man behind The Legend Of Zelda series has said he would only think about remaking Ocarina Of Time if he could pursue some innovative ideas without destroying fan's emotional attachment to the original.

Speaking with IGN, Eiji Aonuma said he is often asked if he would remake his classic N64 adventure for Wii. "Well, I sometimes hear such requests from people who want to play Ocarina of Time on Wii, they ask us to remake it and take advantage of Wii technology. Whenever we have to think about the remake, we have to also think about the background, especially what kind of situation, what kind of period and time that previous game was played in, because be it Ocarina of Time or any other games, whenever they say they want to have a remake on whichever platform, they have some emotional attachment from playing that game at that particular time or environment."

So would Aonuma be interested in remaking it? It appears unlikely. "We cannot afford to destroy that kind of emotional attachment," he continues. "Still, even if we are going to take advantage of the improved technology, we have to have some breakthrough in the gameplay. That combination is not an easy one. Whenever we talk about this breakthrough technology, we come up with ideas that we would like to incorporate into the new Zelda franchise. So that's the current situation and that's the reason why we are not very aggressive in exploring the possibility of remaking the past Zelda series.

"If I can think of how do it, or any other inspiration comes to me, without destroying the emotional attachment people have to the past game, and I can make some great innovation or renovation on the remake, then I might be able to think about it further."

So would you like Eiji Aonuma and his team to remake Ocarina Of Time for Wii? Perhaps he could fix the problem of putting on the Heavy Boots in the Water Temple. Something he apologised for last week.

Edited by canand

No. I'd prefer they put their many chambers of gold doubloons to better use than rehashing old games to appease the legions of butt-hurt fans who have been "betrayed" by Nintendo. Like making a new game.

You can already play OOT on the N64, GC and Wii. I don't think a remake makes any financial or creative sense.