NEurope
Dante

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Also little things like the bathroom and toilet in the academy, my god never thought I'd see link sitting on the jacks, haha, did Suda51 have any part in the development of SS?

There's more! Go into Groose's room. It's full of barbells and there is a punching bag with a drawing of Link's face stuck on it. ^^

Is that the only way to change time? I didn't have time to wait round and see if time changed naturally as it did in previous games?

There is no natural day/night circle.

The dowsing also allows you more chance to explore and be more mindful of your surroundings which I think is great.

More importantly, it allows you to ignore it completely, after you've changed into dowsing mode once when you get the notification. The stupidity of asking for a "quest marker" is incomprehensible imo. If they wanted to make a valid complaint, it would've been that the game reminds you to use dowsing every time you need to find something. It's not like you're forced to use it though.

There's more! Go into Groose's room. It's full of barbells and there is a punching bag with a drawing of Link's face stuck on it. ^^

Oh yeah I saw that too, haha.

Oh and one other thing I thought was awesome was when your about to do the Wing Ceremony and the Instructor guy (who looks alot like a non-blue Avatar character) is doing his talking and explaining things and he says something like "This is a special event also because it is the 25th Anniversary of our fine institution" or something like that. Man I was giving that a standing ovation almost, haha.

In the second dungeon (I thought the dungeons weren't going to be so...dungeony this time). Loving it so far. The controls are great - once you realise aiming isn't the pointer, but tilting the Remote from the position it is in then it feels fine and makes it easier to play while lounging on a couch. The only thing I don't like with the controls is rolling things. Feels so awkward.

Also, I'm glad I knew barely anything before starting.

Oh, and I get a strange feeling that a certain item from Minish Cap will appear, based on some things in Skyloft.

Third area....what???..just.....what???

Edited by Cube

A very nice biased professional review here.

http://venturebeat.com/2011/11/19/review-skyward-sword/

"The Zelda series has always been known for its epic boss battles, and yet the first dungeon’s boss in Skyward Sword is essentially a Wiimote tutorial masquerading as a sparring match with the game’s homoerotic, androgynous main baddy. And I don’t mean homoerotic in a cutesy Tingle sort of way, I mean during one cinematic the primary villain of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword embraces Link from behind, whispers closely into his ear, and then turns directly to the camera and oscillates his tongue suggestively."

Man's got a point.

At this moment in time it's all feeling a little "meh", I've just entered the fire zone and there's just something about the game which is uninspiring me. I think the flying is majorly shite*, with things that are supposed to speed you up (dive bombing, the A-prompt) seeming to do fuck all in terms of getting you somewhere quicker. Plus I have found myself mislead over Fi, I kept reading her dry humour and charm was funny. She seems like such a robot with percentage this/factor that. I like it, don't get me wrong, but it's like having a member of the Borg with you.

*Although the ability to sit down on the toilet and have it flush as you stand up is a master stroke.

Pretty much sums up my impressions and i'm at exactly the same point. I'm a little disappointed in the music. I was thinking "Yes! Fire world, hopefully some dark and brooding music like in OOT". It starts and it's just....too happy. Like all the music so far. Also i'm really not getting to grip with the controls. It never really seems to do what I want in a battle and (now this is ultra picky) I don't like the way Link holds the sword as he's running around. He essentially holds it the way you are, which for me is straight forward, and he just looks a bit like an idiot. I'm hoping it'll change my view deeper into the game.

I do quite like the game, but I'm not sure I can entirely determine what I honestly feel about it. Zelda has tainted me, dammit! I basically fluked the first boss I think, and find some of the battling tedious(such as Moblins). I'm not sure whether I truly love it, or love it for Zelda's sake. It certainly is in some ways the classic, now done, zelda formula. I do like some of the new NPC characters, though. Also found my first minigame, which I like! Hopefully there'll be more about the world. Now, to be done with all this talk and...to play zelda!

One thing which is starting to annoy is the sword strike left to right when against armoured enemies. To get the remote in a position you (practically) have to whip it right to left, which then does a right-to-left strike which is useless and I find prompts the enemy to change their stance.

Fuck me, Moldarach feels so good to fight with precision sword controls.

Aye, did that last night myself. Didn't find it quite the challenge/as long as I was expecting, but I DID enjoy the motion in it.

Controls are in places still an issue for me though, I swear my motion seems to get 'off' quite often and I have to re-calibrate. It's most annoying with my net, where I'll swing it in what I thought is a straight down direction, but link totally fails and swings it off centre and BAM! Bugs are gone :(

Btw, next boss after Moldarach, I dunno about anyone else, but for me they really managed to make it creepy looking! Thing gave me goosebumps!

I can't work the bug net for shit either. I can lock on, get so close it hurts, and take a swing. Fuck all happens :(

I'm absolutely love the

Ancient Robots, and the timestones and the entire past area.

Not to mention when

you revisit the area.

Although, strangely, it kind of reminded me of

Star Fox Adventures and Jet Force Gemini

I can't work the bug net for shit either. I can lock on, get so close it hurts, and take a swing. Fuck all happens :(

One thing I'll say for it is not to try and use it like a sword. I was always quite abrupt with my net swings, but I think you need to be slower almost as if it was a real net with long weight(if that makes sense). It's a gentler swing than the sword for me.

Only one issue with the controls and thats the slow aiming. If you have to move your sword to another side to get a hit in then do it slowly.

Edited by bryanee

I've just finished it... it completely took my breath away. This is the best game I have ever played!

Found a "Treasure Medal" in a goddess cube chest last night after the 2nd dungeon.... what the hell does it do? It said "helps find treasure"... is it meant to point things out on the map or does it just make more ruppess appear?

Found a "Treasure Medal" in a goddess cube chest last night after the 2nd dungeon.... what the hell does it do? It said "helps find treasure"... is it meant to point things out on the map or does it just make more ruppess appear?

It will either make rupees or treasure appear more often. Can't remember if there are different ones.

I thought it shows locations, rather than makes them appear more? I don't know for sure though, I rather took your attitude to it. I might get it soon though, when I run out of spending monies on everything else.

I might get it soon though, when I run out of spending monies on everything else.

One thing that this game does really well is always giving you something to spend your rupees on. Upgrading items is a great way of making sure your wallet is never full.

Has anyone else gotten the

Hylian Shield.

I loved what you had to do to get it - although I thought it was strange that you have to quit early to get it.

With it, Link finally feels complete.

Has anyone else gotten the

Hylian Shield.

I loved what you had to do to get it - although I thought it was strange that you have to quit early to get it.

With it, Link finally feels complete.

Indeed...that shield really helped me on the second to last boss which was a massive pain in the arse...used four fairies and it caused me to go off on a quest to get potions and fairies for the next boss, of which I only needed one potion

Finished the game. Loved every single minute of it

Indeed...that shield really helped me on the second to last boss which was a massive pain in the arse...used four fairies and it caused me to go off on a quest to get potions and fairies for the next boss, of which I only needed one potion

Finished the game. Loved every single minute of it

Funnily enough, I keep forgetting to use the shield in actual combat (other than enemies where you have to deflect stuff with the shield).

Also, I did the second to last boss with half a heart left, while (after recovering) the last one took two fairies out of me. Although that was mostly due to the sword unsynching twice (which are the only two times it's happened in the entire game). The last boss felt very

Wind Waker-y

Also, the credits = best music in the entire game.

Shit, I'm gonna have to ask for help here:

How can I get the fucking repairman to tell me he needs a propeller for the other windmill thingy? I read a portion of a guide which says some cutscene is meant to happen between us before going to Scrapper to ask for some flower. All he does is mention the pumpkin soup. I go get some but it won't let me give it to him (I think it's because I have to give it someone else first for fucking up his chandellier?) so I can't get the new propeller, and I know where that is.

EDIT: Nevermind, it decided to start working again.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

just finished it.. amazing game. the whole story parts for the last section really blew me away.

loved the last bosses!!

A very nice biased professional review here.

http://venturebeat.com/2011/11/19/review-skyward-sword/

cant take the review seriously after this, in one of the first parts of it.

"main character on equal ground with the hero Link himself. Perhaps beyond Link even, as she’s definitely the more fleshed-out of the two."

link a mute with NO character. thats always been the whole point!

hes also saying nintendo live in a bubble.. well i as a nintendo fan live in a bubble to cus they are one of the only game companys who make the games i wanna play to a standard high enough.