Dante

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

- area from the E3 demo will be divided in the final game

- bosses from the demo will not appear in their locations from the demo

- the demo area was the realm below the clouds

- the demo area was a field, not part of a dungeon

- once again, field and dungeon layouts are being reworked

- elements of dungeons and fields are being combined

- some dungeons may feature areas where you have to run from enemies, or you don't have a weapon

- there may be more items than the 8 seen in at E3

- Gorons and Zoras are mentioned in passing, but not confirmed for the game

- MotionPlus may lead to new puzzle types

- the sword has a treasure-seeking ability

- no comments on Ganon appearing

- no interest in having Link speak due to ruining the image of the character thus far

- Link does have a method of travel between the two worlds, but that's not being discusses yet

...Since the game is partially set in the sky, any chance Epona is a Pegasus?

Aonuma - [Laughs] I hadn’t thought of that! You surprised me with that one! Of course, you know, Link does have to travel between Skyloft and the land below, and back and forth, so he’s obviously going to have to do that via some sort of conveyance. That being said, I’d like to reveal that at a later time, so I don’t want to give away too much other than to say that he is going to be traveling between the two. However, I can guarentee he’s not going to be flying around like [Pit from] Kid Icarus!

http://www.zeldac.com/2010/08/skyward-sword-featured-in-nintendo-power/

It makes me think for some reason...will this game be similar to most 3D Mario games? a whole Hub that goes to different area's of Hyrule? :hmm:

Like i predicted before E3, Link will probably fly a man-made plane or the sword becomes his transport!

Or....

Nintendo-Releases-New-Legend-of-Zelda-Wii-Teaser-Artwork.jpg

Look at the sword's "arms" - look kinda soft and wing like...

+

280px-Soaring.jpg

Song of Soaring-like activation from Majora's Mask

and hey presto! You're in Hyrule.

You never know.

well the title is called 'skyward sword' so it would it not be reasonable to assume it is the sword that makes you 'skyward'.

well the title is called 'skyward sword' so it would it not be reasonable to assume it is the sword that makes you 'skyward'.

wtf? How have I not thought of this before?

Am i the only one who thinks the name Skyward Sword is retarded?

Didn't we also say the same for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess?

Am i the only one who thinks the name Skyward Sword is retarded?

It's a bit phallic, but other than that, it's just a silly alliteration like many others.

It's not the best name. It probably isn't the worst either. My favourite Zelda title is still "A Link to the Past." Haha. I love that. :D

I think it's one of these names that you just eventually live with. I don't think many people were too happy with the name "Wii" at the start, but now nobody thinks twice about it.

Didn't we also say the same for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess?

Yeah. But this is even worse.

No, another member called Pancake also thought this.

That was my evil twin. She's very intelligent.

It's not the best name. It probably isn't the worst either. My favourite Zelda title is still "A Link to the Past." Haha. I love that. :D

I think it's one of these names that you just eventually live with. I don't think many people were too happy with the name "Wii" at the start, but now nobody thinks twice about it.

It's true that it'll be repeated so many times we'll stop noticing it. Which is for the best really.

Edited by Pancake
Automerged Doublepost

IMO, what we see of this next will be quite different to what we saw at E3. Although, I doubt the name will change.

The reaction over this game has been another typical moment where Nintendo fan boys don't actual know what they want from a Zelda game. The world cried when it saw Wind Waker, yet it turned it to be one of the most beautiful looking games ever and a solid Zelda title. The fan boys asked for a "realistic" Zelda game (what ever that may be) and they get Twilight Princess, which in terms of Zelda games was the most complete and epic adventure yet with over 70 hours and gameplay and more mini games than you can shake a hat at. Now after you all see the new Skyward Sword game and it's direction, you still start ranting about things that you don't even understand yet. The E3 demo was designed purely to show how the controls would work in the game. When that game is released, the art style will look lovely on your TV instead of looking a bit blurry like on Gametrailers videos and the controls will work fine as we all know. Have some patients and wait to see some more of this title. You have yet to see the overworld (if there is one, but i'm sure there will be), you have yet to see any other areas apart from a small demo forest clearing and you have yet to see where Link actual comes from. As we all know, there is a lot of elements that come together in a Zelda title; wait until you see them all then pass your judgements. Personally, the art style they have chosen will suit the Wii better and should produce a finer looking Zelda title than Twilight Princess did...have faith Fan boys or is that too much to ask?

...have faith Fan boys or is that too much to ask?

After Twilight Princess, yes.

I don't want to be rude, but don't you think you're overreacting? Surely a fanboy is someone who defends a company at all costs, rather than someone who is just honest about what they see?

People aren't really hating Skyward Sword at all. In fact, I'd say Nintendo would be lucky to stir up much emotion either way before it's released. However, like Spirit Tracks, it has just as much chance of being a great game.

(For the record, I like the art style and the name.)

Clouded Pixel, are you killer_kirby in disguise?

(TP has) more mini games than you can shake a hat at

Absolute rubbish.

And please stop tarring everyone in this topic with the same brush. Most of us are quite aware what the concept of the E3 tech demo was, and that the game is likely to develop over time, regardless of your pointless rant.

The Zelda-fanboy bashers are getting more annoying than some of the whiner Zelda fanboys themselves.

Clouded Pixel, are you killer_kirby in disguise?

Yes, a man who shares the same opinion about the Zelda series as I must be the same person, I guess that means a couple of you guys are the same people in disguise too amirite?

Absolute rubbish.

I thought that too, buuuut, thinking back, there were a couple of mini games that kind of secretly slip into that game...must look into it

And please stop tarring everyone in this topic with the same brush. Most of us are quite aware what the concept of the E3 tech demo was, and that the game is likely to develop over time, regardless of your pointless rant.

I would love to believe that, but just go too any gaming forum or Zelda forum and see how some people have already declared the new Zelda game as an average game.

The Zelda-fanboy bashers are getting more annoying than some of the whiner Zelda fanboys themselves.

How shocking, people defending games that they love when people bash it for stupid reasons, it's absurd, those bastards! No gamer should ever enjoy a game for what it is, we should all whine about every game out there.

i love you killer kirby <3

Why cant people just wait till a game comes out... then form an opinion on it.. why argue over it now..

Zelda is Zelda.. it'll be great

but yeah Philly <3

Edited by Nintenchris

Heh my first post had to be a pointless rant to see who i'm dealing with in terms of passion and aggression. Sorry if I affended anyone by picking on "fan boys" but it was necessary. In terms of mini games in TW there was a fishing game, a flying beast game, a boat game, a flying chicken game, a grappling hook game, a horse back game plus others i can't remember heh imo more than any Zelda title yet. Guess it just depends on if you liked them or not. Through your responses i have learnt that this is not the type of forum I was expecting, which is a good thing as you are clearly people who understand games. I look forward to posting more enjoyable topics and having some good discussions. Let's ignore my rant from this point on and start off fresh ;P

Heh my first post had to be a pointless rant to see who i'm dealing with in terms of passion and aggression. Sorry if I affended anyone by picking on "fan boys" but it was necessary. In terms of mini games in TW there was a fishing game, a flying beast game, a boat game, a flying chicken game, a grappling hook game, a horse back game plus others i can't remember heh imo more than any Zelda title yet. Guess it just depends on if you liked them or not. Through your responses i have learnt that this is not the type of forum I was expecting, which is a good thing as you are clearly people who understand games. I look forward to posting more enjoyable topics and having some good discussions. Let's ignore my rant from this point on and start off fresh ;P

LOL! You certainly didn't offend me. Forums should be places where anything about games can be discusses in good spirits.

As for the mini games and sidequests in Twilight Princess, they were very much on "collectable" and "high score" themes more than anything, such as the insects and Poes, and the other ones you mentioned. None of that really bothered me personally, it was more core things.

Welcome to the boards.

Why can't they just remake Majora's Mask? It'd be the best thing since sliced bread!

Meh, I jest. I really can't wait to find out more about this game! I so hope that there's a town like Clock Town though. Surely they could program things so that people do something different each day over a 14 (in-game) day period? It wouldn't be perfect but it'd certainly add to the atmosphere!

People - the tensions in here have been quite high with regards to Zelda discussion.

As a result, I'm asking you all for your opinions on my blog! A friend has provided a video review of Ocarina of Time for me and I thought you might want to leave some feedback on what he says.

Some of the comments so far have been...borderline offensive because in the nicest way possible, the review has some faults to it. I was hoping y'all could leave some constructive feedback on his review technique and also share your thoughts on the game! This would help me greatly as I've promised to host his reviews and I want the best quality review possible!

You'll find it here, no sign up or login required.

OoT Video Review