NEurope
Dante

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Good spot Dante, didn't actually notice the change in attire!

Waddaya means?! I said that near the top of the last page!

Either way, we need the white leggings back.

Man, the art style is growing on me. I just wish the environments had the same level of detail as the character models. They seem a little "soft".

So it's confirmed that the music is going to be Orchestrated?

Miyamoto said it would be a bit of a cop out if they did orchestrated for Galaxy and not for Zelda. Apparently the Zelda team are quite excited to have the game orchestrated too. So I guess you can consider that an unofficial "yes".

I know this might be a kinda early question but have there been any hints on a release fram so far like this year or early next year or the end of the next year or ..?

They said "next year" at the end of the Zelda presentation during the conference. Didn't you see it yet?

Another thing... the HUD needs to be less intrusive. Like in SMG where the HUD disappears when moving and your health is full and only appears briefly when you pick up something. That or include an option to customize opacity like in Metroid Prime. In modern times, all games have screen burn-in precautions and so should Zelda.

Another thing... the HUD needs to be less intrusive. Like in SMG where the HUD disappears when moving and your health is full and only appears briefly when you pick up something. That or include an option to customize opacity like in Metroid Prime. In modern times, all games have screen burn-in precautions and so should Zelda.

I believe Miyamoto said in the roundtable that the size of the HUD was purely for the E3 demo.

They said "next year" at the end of the Zelda presentation during the conference. Didn't you see it yet?

I missed the Zelda part first and I only watched the trailers and so afterwards but thanks for the info.

With regards to the music, you learn something new everyday. It sounded orchestral-ish enough back then for me, so if they change their mind it should't be too much of a problem.

The hearts [and then magic meter] can't disappear. It wouldn't be right.

I seem to remember the very first Wind Waker graphics looking quite basic compared to the end result which was far more polished. These already gorgeous visuals are going to look even better :)

Gah, it's still bugging me that there's not much real substance to discuss yet regarding this game. All we can really talk about is the controls, the music and the graphics... even Link's clothes.

That trailer was really lacking, I want to get a sense of the depth of the game, and the world that they create.

Agreed, we're still pretty much at square 1. Nothing to discuss for months.

Thats a GOOD thing. I hope Nintendo keeps a tight lid on everything else until its released. I already know way more than i want to know about the game.

Thats a GOOD thing. I hope Nintendo keeps a tight lid on everything else until its released. I already know way more than i want to know about the game.

Indeed.

Oh and here is a better gameplay footage.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-zelda-skyward/700266

Love how the map is displayed and also the instant button of having a potion or any healing items makes me think Monster Hunter style :heh:

You must know something the rest of us don't... Care to share? :heh:

Oh no not at all, the demo just had alot of what id consider to be borderline spoiler info like items and bosses and even the slight bit of story.

Yeah I'm even a little annoyed that I'm now aware of what's likely the first boss!

I don't want to know anything more about this game... I don't even want to know what the 'hook' is... I mean I assume we're gonna take to the skies... but I'm gonna try my best to not find out how! Though more than likely some artwork on the front page of IGN or somewhere, is most likely to reveal it to me at some point!

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah I'm even a little annoyed that I'm now aware of what's likely the first boss!

I don't want to know anything more about this game... I don't even want to know what the 'hook' is... I mean I assume we're gonna take to the skies... but I'm gonna try my best to not find out how! Though more than likely some artwork on the front page of IGN or somewhere, is most likely to reveal it to me at some point!

And thanks to games like monster Hunter 3, Dragon Quest IX, Mario Galaxy, Metroid: Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kirby Epic Yarns, we have plenty to keep our attention away :D

Edited by Retro_Link

I noticed (probably others too) that they said Hyrule at the end of the presentation (after watching that part of the press conference). So I guess that it is quite likely that Ganondorf will also make an appearance - but, of course, by far not guarenteed - (Majora's Mask didn't play in Hyrule for instance)...

I noticed (probably others too) that they said Hyrule at the end of the presentation (after watching that part of the press conference). So I guess that it is quite likely that Ganondorf will also make an appearance - but, of course, by far not guarenteed - (Majora's Mask didn't play in Hyrule for instance)...

The fact the Link is using the Mastersword would also lend more strength to the idea that Ganondorf will feature.

The fact the Link is using the Mastersword would also lend more strength to the idea that Ganondorf will feature.

Minish Cap was about rebuilding the Master Sword and that didn't feature Ganondorf. But as this is a home console version, he probably will be in there.

Minish Cap was about rebuilding the Master Sword and that didn't feature Ganondorf. But as this is a home console version, he probably will be in there.

I thought it was the Four Sword in that game?

Even in the portable games it's the same. If you link the Oracle games, you trigger the event that will unlock the fight with Ganon and you can also gain the Mastersword too - no link up, no Mastersword and no Ganon.

Four Sword Adventures is the only anomaly that I can think of unless someone wants to correct me - not counting The Hyrule Fantasy, when it didn't have the name we know it as now.

Edited by Captain Falcon

I thought it was the Four Sword in that game?

I was under the impression (from little hints and stuff) they they are both the same sword.

Edit: Seems that I was completely wrong. Ignore what I said.

He was also central in the making of TP, which was quite frankly fuckin' A.

Well to me, as good as TP is, it isn't as good as The Minish Cap so I was already more than pleased at the announcement.

There's a theory that the Master Sword and the Picori Blade are the same. Minish Cap was about turning the Picori Blade into the four sword.