NEurope
Strange Cookie

No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise

It's was rumoured, and now it's confirmed: No More Heroes is getting ported to the PS3 an Xbox360.

- launching at 5,800 Yen in February 2010 for Japan

- brand new Advance Mode

- Japanese dubbing

- a new 'Erotic Portrait' (...?)

No-More-Heroes-PS3-360-Scans_01-250x333.jpgNo-More-Heroes-PS3-360-Scans_02-250x333.jpg

It's was rumoured, and now it's confirmed: No More Heroes is getting ported to the PS3 an Xbox360.

The first Wii game gets ported? Never played that one so that would be amazing (if it gets released outside of Japan as Mundi hopes).

I see this tanking considering there are a frightening amount of games out next year. Something like one AAA game a month.

What i have posted in the PS3 topic and the No More Heores topic.

No More Heroes : Heroes Paradise

Information:

• Port of NMH
  • For Xbox360/PS3
  • Feb 25 2010
  • 5, 800 Yen
  • Japanese dubbing
  • Advance Mode added
  • Very sweet mode added
  • Erotic Portrait added [Pre-order Bonuses]

Scans

17454461550122579lo.th.jpg17461462220122205lo.th.jpg

This week's Famitsu reveals No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise, a PS3 and Xbox 360 remake of the original 2007 No More Heroes title. In addition to updated visuals, the remake includes Japanese language voiceovers, selectable alongside the the English voiceovers of the original.

HD gamers also have a new unlockable mode to look forward to. Known as "Very Sweet Mode, this mode changes all the female characters' costumes into sexy form -- skimpy bathing suits, cheerleader outfits, and so-forth. The girls appear in this form during both gameplay and non gameplay sequences.

The game will also see control changes -- expected since there's no more Wiimote. While not providing specifics, Famitsu says to expect a better feel of action. Details will be shared in a future update.

This HD remake of No More Heroes will arrive on February 25, priced at ¥5,800 -- a couple of thousand yen lower than most high profile third party titles.

Marvelous will be including an "Erotica Portrait" bonus item for those who pre-order. This collection of sexy portraits will differ depending on your platform. PS3 owners will get "Sexy Cherry" flavor. Xbox 360 buyers will get "Sweet Mango" flavor.

Those Japanese and their erotic stuff... :p

If it gets a release in Europe I might get it for the PS3.

Wonder what this "better feel of action" is supposed to mean when they talk about the controls.

sylvia.gif

Screens:

m9ybn9.jpg

2cpfgao.jpg

14vtm2u.jpg

nomoreheroes111914.jpg

6xt24z.jpg

Boxart:

61jvrJnBlBL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

XBox360 Version Uncensored

All of the gore in No More Heroes was censored when Marvelous released it in Japan. The Wii version replaced fountains of blood with pixel clouds and cut out grisly death sequences. The HD port, No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise, restores the carnage, but only on the Xbox 360.

Amiami’s product page explains the Xbox 360 version is the North American edition and they expect it to be rated as an adults only, CERO Z game. This warning only appears on the Xbox 360 page, which suggests the PlayStation 3 version will have black pixels instead of red blood.

Releasing an edited game on one platform and a bloody one on another is an interesting strategy. In Japan, Microsoft has shown they aren’t afraid of the restrictive CERO Z rating. On occasion, they even embraced it by throwing events showcasing CERO Z titles.

This shouldn’t be an issue in North America if Ubisoft picks up No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise since the ultraviolent version was published here on Wii. Europe is a different story since Rising Star Games released the censored version. Perhaps, they will try Marvelous’ approach and release two versions of Heroes’ Paradise in PAL territories.

I wanted to import the Japanese copy day one but fuck. I hope the uncensored version makes its way over to the NA market.

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

I'm guessing this may stay in Japan, unless it does really well there. Didn't the original essentially flop in Japan and sell above expectations elsewhere? Probably just trying to see if they can make up for that. Especially if you consider the fact that it's slated release is about the same as when NMH2 will be hitting everywhere but Japan.

I'd be willing to buy it if it did come west though, just to give some added support for the game. Although price is a big factor in a 2 year old port....(stupid CoD MWR)

Would definitely buy it again if it was to come over here, looking like a great job has been done on improving the visuals and that box art alone is worth it, so it if arrives we better get the same box.

This IS the first one.

I meant original...I just got bored of it really quick.Beat two of the bosses.

Edited by flameboy

I meant original...I just got bored of it really quick.Beat two of the bosses.

Yeah, I've got the first one on the Wii and found it quite boring.

I wish I could sell it, but it's the NTSC version.

Can I ask:- to those of you who own the original Wii version, who is considering getting the Xbox one aswell?

I've never played it, and i'm not sure whether to pick up the Wii games now, or wait for the HD ones (if you think I'll end up getting both then this question is redundant).

Bisous

By the looks of it, the only substantial thing the HD version has over the Wii version is teh graphics and teh titties. Only a niche within a niche will care for the Japanese dubbing.

I don't believe the "better feel for the action" malarkey - it's one of the best controlling games on Wii, and the action feels awesome considering it's basically a one-button-brawler.

There's also no confirmation that this will see release in the west.

And you could probably find the original for under £20.

But yeah, it's up to you.

I got the American vers for Wii and then an update stopped the freeloader working.

I didn't want the EU version, I hated the black stuff that they replaced the blood with.

If this keeps the blood I will be purchasing.

And you could probably find the original for under £20.

But yeah, it's up to you.

I picked up the Wii version for £5 on hmv.com!!

Graphics do look good, but I agree with you about the controls, the motion controlled wrestling moves help break up what is essentially button mashing and the Wii-mote mobile phone was a great addition that will also be missing.

But I recommend it as a purchase.

Well I played the wii version for the first time over the weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I question why I didn't pick it up before but I guess its down to the wii being in the family room, and its not really a family sit down and play game.

I can't see certain aspects of this being implemented as well. Like the wank to recharge, or the combo finishers. Or even the throws for that matter. But I hope the game gets the recognition on the PS360 that it never got on the Wii.

But I hope the game gets the recognition on the PS360 that it never got on the Wii.

To be fair, it exceeded expectations and got enough recognition to warrant a sequel. In fact, I think it's the first Suda51 game to warrant a sequel, so that's saying something.

I wonder if they'll use the SIXAXIS at all.

I doubt it, but maybe the Dualshock 3.

....the SIXAXIS is in the Dual Shock 3.

You mean...they managed to fit This controller inside of This one?

Sheesh, I was just playing with ya daft.