NEurope
ReZourceman

Comedy Rainbow

I missed this due to not really coming in to creative since you stopped your vids :p

I think you were starting to hit a high point with Comedy Rainbow and then you stopped... this ep wasn't as good as your latest ones before you stopped but still entertained me. The prospect of Scare Claire has me excited though!

I think the child abuse prank call didn't really go far enough too. It didn't really sound like you were hitting the baby or anything (if that's what you were going for), just getting angry and swearing, so the guy on the line wasn't really freaked out at all. Or maybe I have repressed anger towards children that's coming out :p it was still funny anyway.

I think it was pretty good, just as expected. Although, the child abuse part did make me cringe...someday, the police is gonna show up on your doorstep, just you wait, man...

I agree quite a lot with what you said there, it was a definite concern of mine.

I also freely admit this episode was basically rushed. I was happy with it for a RUSHED one, but it was something I was desperate to squeeze out. I'm hoping to be (and it seems to be shaping up to be) that 25 will be an episode I'll be quite proud of.

It was essentially an itch that desperately needed scratching, and I was happy to roll out an episode that I wouldn't necessarily call my best, because after 24 episodes....you are simply going to have good ones and not so good ones. I needed to get back into the swing of it.

This episode has some lows....BUT IT CERTAINLY HAS ITS HIGHS TOO! Enjoy.

Episode 25

The quarter of one hundred special! The return of so many old favourites! Scare Claire.....Claire gets her own back?! The return of Comedy Rainbow alum. New segments continues! Blisteringly funny!

Definitely a great episode! Probably one of my favourites, actually. I've realised you do physical/visual comedy really, really well.

:)

Ahhh man, I've been looking forward to that.

Danny, I actually couldn't agree with you more. The QVC Orange ball didn't quite work (I had another idea that required a lot of work, that I do plan on doing, and in fact, this one almost served as a setup for it) but the idea was slightly rushed, and it was too long, and there were sound issues. I think it didn't help that that and the Will Ferrell one were practically back to back, and so it lulls a bit in the middle.

I am very glad you said I do good physical humour, I plan to add more of that in. I had an absolute blast doing the cinnamon challenge (not actually cinnamon, if you watch the video back, (well you can't see) but I do amazing sleight of hand....got an empty spoon in my hand, and a spoon full of cocoa/ground almond mix laying on a t-shirt on the work surface. I gently place the empty spoon on it so it doesn't make a sound, and pick up the other. The actual cinnamon pot is sealed.

But yeah, had a blast editing that and was making me laugh in the suite, so I knew I was onto a winner and had to put it last to finish on a high.

Got some really solid ideas for episode 26, filmed one or two already (typically, I do all the filming in one day). I definitely need to mix up nein, like I did last week, either by doing...like I did then, flipping it and poking fun at the actual serial joke itself, or making them more unpredictable, like Super Mario Sunshnein. I have one or two ideas for each of those paths, but need to explore further.

Regarding the camera, again I am glad you noticed the quality. Firstly, all of the intro stuff, visually created props and images, and logos are all done in full exact HD pixel size now, instead of before, when I didn't really have a plan, and just did what I felt, now they are all strictly sized. Second, I discovered how to get the best video editing output whilst maintaining a relatively low file size.

So I am going to aim for snappier, quick fire gags now, lesser long sketches. Try to vanquish them completely really, as they really do suck out the pace.

Thanks again for the videos guys.

It all sounds brilliant! I really do feel you're finding your style with these. :) ... even if it has taken you twenty-odd (and twenty odd) videos. :heh:

Generally the pace needs to be somewhat healthy. The long segments tend to fall flat because the punchline is too weak for the build-up, but with more rapid-fire jokes the effect becomes cumulative. Your weird, unexpected gags are what works best, and your physical comedy, like mentioned, is really quite amazing (the more I watch the examples in this episode, the more I love them). Of course it wouldn't be CR without classics like the puns, Scare Claire, segments from Jonny and Phil, Nein Nein Nein, the occasional controversy etc., but now that they've achieved the status of classics, it's vital they be kept fresh, which is why it was so great to see you venture into self-referential humour last time.

Also, @ the Cinnamon Challenge: Say what?! That's damn impressive. Didn't notice a single thing.

Oh yeah, you also mentioned do I plan on ending it sometime soon. I recall saying something but I don't remember what. Anyway, I don't plan on stopping it yet....right now I feel like I want to go on forever, as long as it keeps evolving.

P.S.

Episode 26

The last ever episode....with grainy video! Yes! It is true! I have a new video camera! Woop! But that will not help us this episode. Oh. Well that is one way to take out the steam and hype of an episode....but don't worry, this episode contains some of your favourite long running sketches! And....what is this? The first in a very ULTRA special new series, From The Vault, showing comedy clips filmed and conceived by me over a decade ago! Restored for the first time. Enjoy.

Also, keep your eyes peeled....coming soon is a video interview where I talk about Comedy Rainbow. For like 15 minutes lol.

I enjoyed it but I think your censor bar was too small. I'm sure I saw the tip of your penis poking through the bottom.

Also we could still see your face ;P

Edited by The Peeps

Episode 27

Its been a long time since we promised the Fish Special. Well know this.....I never break my promises.Your sides will be splitting in this hilarious episode dedicated entirely to FISH. Truely the long running show that is brave to go where no others have gone before it. Where else would you find a FISH SPECIAL? Nowhere! So hold onto you haddock and strap down your squid, this is going to be a choppy ride!

What do you reckon?

Episode 28

Grab your 3D glasses, this episode utilises space age technology to bring you the very breast in eye popping boob titnology. Hang on. That got a bit boobish. Sorry. Tie down your children, Comedy Rainbow is becoming too big for its own good! New old new favourites return! Some new regular features join the fray! Will you be able to handle it?! - Answer; NOS.

I don't think either of us would take offence. We are both going grey. I think its a sign of humour.