NEurope
ReZourceman

Comedy Rainbow

Hang upside down from a doorway at night and squash her at the threshold. Obviously get multi-angle, possibly even Hawkeye in on the case. Have 999 on hold too.

First time I chuckled at Comedy Rainbow in ages/ever??!!! Though it was the Eevilmurray bit. Not sure if that really counts.

Otherwise it was exceedingly meh. I didn't think it was the worst...but I don't understand how half of the things were even jokes. Because they weren't. The Superbad one wasn't a joke, or ever possibly funny. I genuinely didn't get that. Same with the Unanswered Questions ones. It was like "..um."

Rez, why man. Why!!!.

It was going well, Comedy Rainbow was improving. I mean it as well. But this slid back down the scale.

I probably only had a slight chuckle, and that was half-hearted as well. I'm not taking the mickey or anything, but that wasn't good.

I'm not breaking it down as i normally would, as the only savable part was the blend of Murray into the episode.

The rest was either predictable or plain awefull.

Sorry dude, i really am

Perhaps this picture will help you forgive me.

2005_07_21_shrek_cat.jpg

I'm not breaking it down as i normally would, as the only savable part was the blend of Murray into the episode.

Word.

I'll go into the detailed breakdown, I've had some attention asking why there wasn't one for the last episode. I felt everything had been said. Plus my energy had been spent pissing on Spambot.

• Intro: Remixed the new graphics with the original theme. Very good, I think I said somewhere that I regret harassing you for a new intro, as the "Red is for..." shizzle just wasn't doing it for me.
  • Clip Show: I do confess I was actually expecting clips of the show.
  • Don't know if you've heard: Put some clothes on. Seriously. Plus if you're going to ruin a joke with pay-nus, I recommend cutting to something because watching you in the silence afterwards is uncomfortable.
  • Foods that you can fuck: I love the intro. Technically this would be a food you would be fucked by. The only "original" one was the onion ring.
  • Movie review: Too many 'ahms' & 'ums' as Hannah mentioned. Plus it seemed you had another "this is where you laugh" pause [minus the grin] I feel it would feel more humourous if it more snappy instead of given time to "sink in"
  • Phil: Surprising. Phil kept his clothes on for the entirety of the sketch. Nice pun too.
  • Life's Unanswered questions: I shall confess, I was intrigued by this.
  • Nein: As soon as you see a trailer like this, you can tell Hitler is going to show up at some point. I wasn't sure where you were going with this either.
  • Life's Unanswered questions: Personally I would've preferred you didn't reveal this, as it ruins the mystique.
  • Frenchisms: No.
  • Penis picture: Don't steal my random hat concept, you bloody thief :blank: Plus, was that your actual ringtone? Because the Pokémon one in mine wasn't mine, but it's going to be.
  • Jonny: Meh
  • Solvent: More pausing, please ReZ, keep it sharper.
  • Scare Claire: That scared her? I thought she would've heard you trundling over. I like what she's done with her hair though. Also, how can she talk about being in her PJ's when we've seen much more of her flesh in previous editions?
  • Dr Wu-Man/Twilight: What the fuck?
  • Point: Take that hat off. You can't pull this style off as well as me. Nice gag, another pause, this one shows the makings of a smug grin. Behave.
  • Fun with a pun: As with these, they're not necessarilly funny, but I think fairly clever as how you decide to interpret them.
  • FaceTime: This was just plain uncomfortable viewing. Don't do this again.
  • Inappropriate ways of greeting people: Was this your mum? I do like the delayed reaction and her pantomime-esque jump.
  • : Amazing. I blew my load.

First time I chuckled at Comedy Rainbow in ages/ever??!!! Though it was the Eevilmurray bit. Not sure if that really counts.

Why wouldn't it count?

Otherwise it was exceedingly meh. I didn't think it was the worst...but I don't understand how half of the things were even jokes. Because they weren't. The Superbad one wasn't a joke, or ever possibly funny. I genuinely didn't get that. Same with the Unanswered Questions ones. It was like "..um."

For a reasonably intelligent person you're pretty ignorant sometimes. I'm explaining to purely tell you about them, not for you to laugh obviously.

Movie Review - How can someone watch an entire movie thinking its a gruesome horror film when its actually a comedy. Is effectively the joke.

Unasnwered Questions - I don't even believe that you didn't get that. Fair enough if you don't find it funny, but surely you're not that spasticated? (no offense)

All fair feedback guys. Like I said next episode and in fact all the upcoming ones I will put a certified guarantee on.

I did think Frenchisms would be more popular though.

I was actually glad at the second part of the 'Life's unanswered questions', because originally I thought the first segment was crap because it was barely a pun, and I was thinking 'isn't it just forehead skin?'. The second segment was much better, because I thought that was where the decent joke was. Basically I believed the second part was meant to be a piss-take about the poor quality of the first (as if you knew it would be forehead skin but pretended not to).

I agree with Murray, you should cut your clips so that people aren't left understanding the joke for a couple of seconds but you're still there, vacantly staring, trying to gauge our reaction from your bed. This is really the major criticism I have, because it can't be hard to edit surely. If there's an almost instant cut-off it works much more effectively.

Our honeymoon is still good to go, just so you know.

I did think Frenchisms would be more popular though.

For me I think it was because it sounded like you were saying "weh" instead of "oui" for the first few things.

Unasnwered Questions - I don't even believe that you didn't get that. Fair enough if you don't find it funny, but surely you're not that spasticated? (no offense)

originally I thought the first segment was crap because it was barely a pun, and I was thinking 'isn't it just forehead skin?'.

What he said (to a degree). I understood what the answer was, I'm not an idiot. I didn't understand why it was a joke. Unless the point was that you were meant to come across as stupid. Which seems to be the "point" of half of the material in Comedy Rainbow anyway.

Same with the Movie Review, I know what it is was meant to be, but I don't "understand" what the point of it was. It's so unfunny/awkward as a comedy set-up, I don't get how it's a joke in the first place, as opposed to something I just don't find funny.

Edited by Paj!

I feel I should post in here, outsiders view and all that. Think I've watched one before.

Anyway.

Criticism delivered by an outsider

I enjoyed it. Though I'm not sure how well the awkward feeling of it all would run for 10 episodes. Suffice to say, I'm too lazy to look through the back catalogue, so to speak.

Most of all I like intro, and the joyously off key jingles. Cooommedddy rainbow. Enjoyed.

Thats how the French say it. Also I will cut out all post joke faces. :D

Don't do it. The post joke faces are essential. Especially for the non-good jokes, it's what makes them somewhat amusing. Which is 90% of them anyway.

Also it's too long. I skipped parts. 4 minutes max.

That is all.

I don't think its too long (but I know multiple people have disagreed). Some of the sketches are like 1.5 minutes, some are 10 seconds. This 9 minute episode had like 17 clips or something.

Besides, the episodes always vary in length anyway.

Be not afraid of cutting the time down but doubling your output! Halve an ep, then release them a week apart, or whatever?

Hmmm, the thing is I (try) to balance each episode with X amount of certain stuff.

no no no no gotta be shorter man.... I find myself half way through and wondering how much longer is left. That's a bad sign right there. Keep it short sharp and to the point.

It can be good and short. You dont need LOTS of material to be awesome. Cut some of the stuff that isnt quite there, or just use it in another episode. Less material = less overload on your viewer and they'll remember it. I find myself forgetting what was at the beginning because there was too much.

Not a criticism on content, just length and sheer amount.

And not forgetting it will take less time for you to film, thats gotta be a good thing, right?

It'd be fine to have elements of the show not being in every show. For a start it might make the hitler potentially more surprising! Honestly.

And more public interaction ftw, plz.

Yes I am scared of the meet.

I'd never watched comedy rainbow before so I had a lot of catching up to do :P

I have to admit, the first few episodes were very cringe worthy and I wasn't quite sure what the hell was going on but whether it got better or it grew on me is anyone's guess but I actually found myself quite liking it!

There could be improvement though, mainly editing. You could make every episode quite a bit shorter just by cutting out awkward silences where you are looking at the camera.

Scare Claire is just immense though.

On my delayed return to the forum, I have just subjected myself to a few of these comedy rainbow episodes

I find myself nearly laughing alot of the time but due to the awkwardness mainly. Personally I feel alot of your 'work' would probably work better in a situation comedy. The awkwardness would be workable within a characters 'depth'. The reactions would therefore allow more amusement.

I did love the earlier scare claire moments and the inappropriate ways of greeting people.

Awesome Sketch Ideas.

maybe a scare claire montage would work next:grin:

Right then, as promised here is the delightful pisstake of Comedy Rainbow I managed to churn out. As the description says:

Full of non-predictable jokes, well timed pauses and a gripping soundtrack.

I think you'll agree.

As said previously... This is awesome and well described :heh:

The satire is the thing that makes this soo good.

Loving the smug grin and great acting skills :grin:

Thats how the French say it. Also I will cut out all post joke faces. :D

It didn't fit cos the french may say it like that but then it doesn't sound like 'wee' or 'Wii'

no no no no gotta be shorter man.... I find myself half way through and wondering how much longer is left. That's a bad sign right there. Keep it short sharp and to the point.

It can be good and short. You dont need LOTS of material to be awesome. Cut some of the stuff that isnt quite there, or just use it in another episode. Less material = less overload on your viewer and they'll remember it. I find myself forgetting what was at the beginning because there was too much.

I found myself skipping through the long sketches cos they bore after 30 seconds

You need short sharp sketches with quick skip to the next one

Hope feedback helps,

fresh pair of eyes and all that :awesome:

Indeed, thanks for the comments. :) I hope you new guys stick around with the show. Things can only get better.

And the single thing I've done for episode 16 is two minutes long. If anyone skips it I'll punch them in the ovaries. I don't think you will though, I genuinely think you'd be laughing whilst watching so no need to skip.

I want to see all sketches involving my footage before publication. I can tell you're plotting something.

I want it to be longer, I want a massive half an hour of comedy rainbow, I want to be drenched in its madness for a full 40 minutes, I want to be covered from head to toe in comedy rainbow for the whole hour that it is on. :D

As I promised, I have started watching Comedy Rainbow.

For some reason, I began violently vomiting after 2 episodes, my doctor has advised me to cease watching video's of a painful sickening nature.

Watch them all, and report back. Watch at least episode 12, movie trailer special which is 5 or 6....and then all the others. :p

I watched Episode 12, and I'm sorry to say if that's the best episode, then I'm pretty sure Comedy Rainbow is a bit shit. I say I'm sorry, but really I think YOU should be apologising. I can see it hitting the realms of it being so unbelievably bad it full circles round into being good, and being a terrible guilty pleasure.