NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

According to GDC’s “State of the Industry” report, developers are working on as four times as many games for the Switch this year when compared to last year.

In a survey of around 4000 developers, 12% were found to be developing games for the Switch, compared to 3% last year, and 15% are saying that their next game is for the Switch.

• Like 2

It's that same price in Argos according to their website, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 that is (£29.99).

• Like 1

Gah, really tempted by that but I shouldn't really spend any more on games for a little bit. 

EDIT: 

Caved and bought it from Argos, damn you guys!

Edited by killthenet
  • Like 1

The Wii U sales have finally been surpassed. Took them long enough. :D

Nintendo Switch
Hardware: 7.24 million for the quarter/ 12.13 million FYTD / 14.86 million LTD
Software: 25.08 million for the quarter/ 47.1 million FYTD/ 52.57 million LTD

3DS
Hardware: 3 million for the quarter/ 5.86 FYTD/ 71.99 million LTD
Software: 17.43 million for the quarter/ 31.25 FYTD/ 360.5 million LTD

• Haha 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

The Wii U sales have finally been surpassed. Took them long enough. :D

That figure of 20 million units sold by the end of the next FY isn’t just not looking crazy at all, it’s actually starting to seem rather on the conservative end. 

Crazier still is that Super Mario Odyssey is already up to 9.07 million units sold, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is up to 7.33 million, and Breath of the Wild is up to 6.70 million. Oh, and Xenoblade is already sitting at 1.06 million units sold!

Warms my heart to see Nintendo thriving once again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Julius Caesar said:

Warms my heart to see Nintendo thriving once again.

Indeed. The industry as a whole seems to be really doing well, which is great for gamers, whatever their console choice.

• Thanks 3

Nine million for Odyssey, in what two months!! That's insane. Eurogamer reporting that that's more than Battlefront 2 sold on PC/PS4/XBO combined! 14 million Switches in 9 months is crazy

Xenoblade over a million too

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Indeed. The industry as a whole seems to be really doing well, which is great for gamers, whatever their console choice.

Absolutely. With Nintendo back in the game we can all be happy to live in these times when console gaming was supposed to be dead :D

Really happy to see Nintendo doing well :) Pretty confident that they'll keep it up :peace:

• Like 1

Those numbers are outrageous! I thought Odyssey had done well but that is ridiculous, does that make it the second best selling 3D Mario after 64? 

Glad to see Xenoblade over a million too, this all bodes well for the industry going forward.

Very impressive numbers indeed! I’m very curious how third party games are doing though as that will be the most important factor in getting continued 3rd party support in the future.

Especially Fifa, Doom, Skyrim, Rocket League, LA Noire, and later on Dead Souls and Wolfenstein are key titles.

I read a comment on Resetera saying that there were two third party titles that sold over 1 million units, I'm assuming one is Mario + Rabbids (it counts as 3rd party because Ubisoft published it) so it'll be interesting to see what the other one is.

1 hour ago, killthenet said:

I read a comment on Resetera saying that there were two third party titles that sold over 1 million units, I'm assuming one is Mario + Rabbids (it counts as 3rd party because Ubisoft published it) so it'll be interesting to see what the other one is.

My guess would be Minecraft

1 hour ago, markderoos said:

Ah, that's a good shout. I didn't even consider it. I reckon Skyrim is probably nudging 1m considering it's a sale juggernaut on every platform it gets released on. I really want to know how well FIFA has sold on the Switch, it's apparently done well enough for EA to offer continued support to the platform and it seems to be selling quite consistently.

I wonder how close Odyssey is to FIFA 18's sales on all platforms, VG Chartz is pretty out of date but as of December 1st FIFA had sold 8.6m copies worldwide. They would have probably sold quite a lot over Xmas though, does anyone know when EA reveal their sales data?

1 hour ago, markderoos said:

Can’t be.  It’s not available at retail, how would they have the numbers?

It’s probably Super Bomberman R.  It broke the 500k mark quite a while ago and it absolutely wouldn’t surprise me to hear that it crawled to a million.

Yeah. I’d love to know doom, la noire, wwe, nba, Fifa and Skyrim too. Hopefully well. Desperate for Fifa 19, but a non gimped version and ability to play friends online!!

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

I know it’s not saying all, and it’s an old article, but: https://www.slashgear.com/mario-zelda-are-not-the-nintendo-switchs-top-sellers-in-japan-06490725/

It was number two in total sales in Japan halfway last year (if the article’s correct).

Minecraft is what kids play these days, together with PUBG, Rocket League, etc.

So let’s wait and see, third party sales are very important for Nintendo.

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

It’s probably Super Bomberman R.  It broke the 500k mark quite a while ago and it absolutely wouldn’t surprise me to hear that it crawled to a million.

The figures Nintendo discussed today are inclusive of all eShop sales so I would assume the same is true for the third party numbers.

And Mario Kart coming to mobile, named Mario Kart Tour

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Geez, I wake up this morning and I have a whole bunch of stuff to read (which I don't have the time for).