NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

If anyone wants to potentially fix their Joy-Con sticks a company is offering replacement sticks using hall effect sensors. 

https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/22/23566353/switch-joy-con-drift-solution-nintendo-gulikit

Speaking of, used the console in handheld mode for the first time in years and the left just wouldn't click. Hoping some compressed air in there will fix it up. 

It's good to see replacement Joy-Con sticks with hall effect sensors being offered.

So long as you're fine with replacing them, and the price seems to be around £30 or so for the pair, this seems like a good solution.

I decided to pre-order one of these controllers for the Switch, which offers hall effect joysticks, a proper d-pad and a few other improvements...

https://nyxigaming.com/products/nyxi-wizard-wirleless-joy-pad-for-switch-switch-oled

3c5fbb42313e42e8993e1833e2fb33ed_900x.jp

-03_1_900x.jpeg?w=1500&h=1500

It has the same layout as a GC pad, functions like a pro controller, seems to work wirelessly and wired with the charging cable, and has a few extra buttons.

I've no idea how it will be to use, and it won't be shipped for a while but it looks decent enough.

The site isn't that great for ordering from, though you can get a 10% off discount code, which makes the controller/oversized GC joy-cons around £50.

It likely won't replace an official GC controller for Smash, but it could make playing that game and others in portable mode for longer than half an hour a possibility.

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Plus it's the same colour as the second best console colour which is a bonus. 

The best colour should be obvious to all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Plus it's the same colour as the second best console colour which is a bonus. 

The best colour should be obvious to all

I knew I liked you for a reason.

• Like 1

I wonder if those Joycons could be modded with OEM GameCube controller parts…

• Thanks 1