NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

11 minutes ago, Kav said:

Ok :indeed:

"Switch Pro"

Clearly says Game Boy. 

Yeah that seems about right :laughing: I don't know who you'd fool with that name or shape, my hands are cramping up just looking at it! 

Reminds me a lot of that old fake NX leak...

nx_fake_david.0.jpg

Ah, the memories.

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Why do so many people think embedding buttons into the screen is a good idea?

Yes, I too would like to cover 40% of what I need to see with my thumbs! Who cares about the entire point of 16:9 ratio anyway?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It looks like the all-time number 1 ranked game on Metacritic is now The House in Fata Morgana (small sample, but still), which releases on Switch this weekend.

Is anyone getting it? I've heard from numerous people that it's the greatest ever visual novel but I assumed there was an element of hyperbole in their statements. Very tempted.

@S.C.G Is this something we'll be covering?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

It looks like the all-time number 1 ranked game on Metacritic is now The House in Fata Morgana (small sample, but still), which releases on Switch this weekend.

Is anyone getting it? I've heard from numerous people that it's the greatest ever visual novel but I assumed there was an element of hyperbole in their statements. Very tempted.

From what I hear, it's the purest form of Visual Novel. Don't expect any actual gameplay here.

If that's fine with you though, it's probably worth checking out. Because it's apparently very good in that regard.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

From what I hear, it's the purest form of Visual Novel. Don't expect any actual gameplay here.

If that's fine with you though, it's probably worth checking out. Because it's apparently very good in that regard.

Yeah, I just finished Raging Loop and thought it was EXCELLENT. It was my first VN experience where there was little actual gameplay (compared to say, Phoenix Wright or the Extreme Escape games). I've heard incredible things and could do with another Switch game to play at night.

1 hour ago, Goron_3 said:

Yeah, I just finished Raging Loop and thought it was EXCELLENT. It was my first VN experience where there was little actual gameplay (compared to say, Phoenix Wright or the Extreme Escape games). I've heard incredible things and could do with another Switch game to play at night.

If you're after something more in the vein of Zero Escape or Ace Attorney, might I recommend AI: The Somnium Files?

It was Kotaro Uchikoshi's (same person who directed the Zero Escape series) final game before leaving Spike Chunsoft and it has a LOT of the same kind of puzzle style gameplay, mixed with a VN-like experience.

It's an excellent game and the Switch version is superb.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Goron_3 said:

I'll be ordering the physical, and will therefore have to wait until end of the year.

I actually finally decided to finish Root Letter recently.. And in short I don't recommend it. It did get me in the mood for other visual novels, I was considering the recently released sequel, as I like the artstyle, but from what I read in a review, gameplay and structure (for as much you get this particular visual novel) seems to be pretty much the same as Root Letter, so this put me off. Not sure if I'll give it a chance now.

However, being in the mood for visual novels, I also decided to do more playthroughs of World End Syndrome. Unlike Root Letter, I did finish a playthough back when I got it, but as typical for these games, to get the true ending you must unlock every ending, and I wasn't in the mood to play through it multiple times in a short period. I still haven't seen all the endings yet, I'll save the last few for later, but this game I would recommend.

Edit: But AI: the Somnium Files like @Dcubed mentions is also great. Better overall perhaps even, though less of a pure visual novel. Which reminds me, I still need to watch the ending for it. There's a bug associated with it, but there seems to be a work-around.

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's a demo for AI: The Somnium Files (on Switch at least. Don't know which other consoles/stores also have it), in case you're still on the fence. I played it and thought it was fantastic.

Edited by Jonnas
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

The lawsuit refers to Bowser’s operation as “an international pirate ring” that sells Switch hacking devices designed to circumvent security measures. These devices allow users to run pirated games.

Fed up of kidnapping Peach and having Mario kick his arse, Bowser has taking things to a new level. 😂 

• Like 1

If Nintendo wins I hope they celebrate by saying "so long, Ga(r)y Bowser"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ashley said:

If Nintendo wins I hope they celebrate by saying "so long, Ga(r)y Bowser"

Sorry.  Nintendo Life already beat you to that joke.

29 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Sorry.  Nintendo Life already beat you to that joke.

Yeah but I'm more beloved than them so... 😋

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Is anyone else’s All Software section on their Switch displaying incorrectly when set to filter it by longest total playtime? 

On mine I noticed it had Mario Tennis above stuff like Zelda! :heh: Which is just unbelievably wrong.

So I booted up both of those games to get them back on the play activity list, see if that would fix the problem.

Zelda has 165 hours played, Mario Tennis is at 35 hours (somehow :laughing:) but still they show up in the wrong order in the all software section. :hmm: 
Restarted my Switch... still wrong.

Weird. :blank: 

Obviously not a huge problem, but it is somewhat annoying seeing Mario Tennis Aces pretending to be a game with actual content. :hehe:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

On mine I noticed it had Mario Tennis above stuff like Zelda! :heh: Which is just unbelievably wrong.

Lol. Whereas if this were my Switch it'd be unbelievably RIGHT! 

Mario Tennis is my most played game... :blush:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Is anyone else’s All Software section on their Switch displaying incorrectly when set to filter it by longest total playtime? 

So I booted up both of those games to get them back on the play activity list, see if that would fix the problem.

Zelda has 165 hours played, Mario Tennis is at 35 hours (somehow :laughing:) but still they show up in the wrong order in the all software section. :hmm: 
Restarted my Switch... still wrong.

Weird. :blank: 

Obviously not a huge problem, but it is somewhat annoying seeing Mario Tennis Aces pretending to be a game with actual content. :hehe:

Yeah, mine is borked at the moment as well. It always orders the games by the last one I played but at the moment Animal Crossing is stuck at the top, despite me not playing it for weeks.

• Thanks 1

There's a new trailer for Shin-chan. You know, just to cruelly remind us that it isn't coming to the West this summer. 

Hope we hear something about it sooner rather than later, rarely do I get hyped just to experience a game's vibe. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Julius said:

There's a new trailer for Shin-chan. You know, just to cruelly remind us that it isn't coming to the West this summer. 

Hope we hear something about it sooner rather than later, rarely do I get hyped just to experience a game's vibe. 

This being from the same creator/team behind Attack of the Friday Monsters & the My Summer Vacation series immediately has me interested; even though I don’t care about Shin-chan!

8 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Wow, they actually got around to adding stuff to it nearly two and a half years after release - I really thought it had been left for dead a long time ago!

I held off on picking it up purely because I heard how little replay value there was compared to other Super Mario Party games. I'll wait for impressions, but what they're adding sounds like a lot of fun!