Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Recommended Posts

I don't understand that "switch button inputs off". It doesn't state how to awaken the Switch Lite from sleep and it says that when you turn it off, it will automatically be turned on again next time - even after just sleeping. I think that kind of defeats the purpose of a setting...

I also don't really understand that QR code - what does it do?

What use is there for an alarm - is it just an alarm clock so you don't have to watch an external watch when gaming to see when you need to stop or?

But yeah, being able to invite people to online games is long overdue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I also don't really understand that QR code - what does it do?

The QR code thing seems to have something to do with Nintendo events. If you go to your User settings on your profile page, select 'Display QR Code' and hit 'About checking in', it shows this message:

"Present this QR Code at Select Nintendo events and locations to gain access to exclusive My Nintendo member benefits such as My Nintendo points and participation in promotions. The benefits will vary each time, and Further details will be provided before you check in."

As for the alarm, I am assuming its just an alarm feature that allows you to set a reminder that pops up while you are playing a game, but being as none of the current software supports the feature at the moment, we can't find out yet.

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The alarms thing is weird, seems you can only set one using supported apps??? Probably for Animal Crossing to wake you up before Joan leaves on Sundays. :laughing: Seems awfully specific though. But, they finally implemented a use for the home button LED!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone utilised the Game Vouchers offer? 

Worth it? Or do people still prefer physical games rather than DL? 

Only reason I ask is that I have £25 in eShop credit at the moment and was toying with the idea of using it for Resident Evil or something like that, but if I used it towards the vouchers I'd only be paying £59 for 2 games. 

I quite like that it's redeemable against the first party games which never drop in price physically, so there's that. But I just don't know if I'd rather keep some pre-orders for physcial editions like Luigi's Mansion and Zelda because of the cool bonuses from Nintendo store etc. 

Tricky one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Has anyone utilised the Game Vouchers offer? 

Worth it? Or do people still prefer physical games rather than DL? 

Only reason I ask is that I have £25 in eShop credit at the moment and was toying with the idea of using it for Resident Evil or something like that, but if I used it towards the vouchers I'd only be paying £59 for 2 games. 

I quite like that it's redeemable against the first party games which never drop in price physically, so there's that. But I just don't know if I'd rather keep some pre-orders for physcial editions like Luigi's Mansion and Zelda because of the cool bonuses from Nintendo store etc. 

Tricky one. 

It's worth noting that you don't have to spend both at once, so if there's a first party title you know you want digitally coming out in the future, it's great value.

Make sure you confirm that the game you want counts first.

But yeah, if you value physical boxes, it gets harder to choose.

Edited by Glen-i

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Has anyone utilised the Game Vouchers offer? 

Worth it? Or do people still prefer physical games rather than DL? 

Only reason I ask is that I have £25 in eShop credit at the moment and was toying with the idea of using it for Resident Evil or something like that, but if I used it towards the vouchers I'd only be paying £59 for 2 games. 

I quite like that it's redeemable against the first party games which never drop in price physically, so there's that. But I just don't know if I'd rather keep some pre-orders for physcial editions like Luigi's Mansion and Zelda because of the cool bonuses from Nintendo store etc. 

Tricky one. 

I used the voucher on Mario Maker, I’m usually physical for first party games but that’s one I’ll always want on my system. They’re good for exceptions like that if you plan on doing similar. I’ll use the other one on Animal Crossing, if anything suits digital, it’s AC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I used the voucher on Mario Maker, I’m usually physical for first party games but that’s one I’ll always want on my system. They’re good for exceptions like that if you plan on doing similar. I’ll use the other one on Animal Crossing, if anything suits digital, it’s AC. 

Yeah I had that way of thinking too. 

I know Pokémon is one that can be purchased with the vouchers and that's a game I'd happily have digital as I know I'll always want to dip back into it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now