NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Is there an official API to the eShop? To extract games and in particular sales data by code?

On 18/02/2023 at 8:48 PM, MindFreak said:

Is there an official API to the eShop? To extract games and in particular sales data by code?

Don't know, but Deku Deals have to be pulling data from somewhere surely?

Anywho! Here's something of interest for Nintendo's next console...

While Sony and Microsoft are at each other's throats regarding the Microsoft ABK buyout?

luigi-mario.gif

Nintendo wins by doing absolutely nothing

• Haha 2

It'll be interesting to see how they bring CoD to Nintendo's next console on the same day as the X-box version, with all the same features and content, when the Switch 2 inevitably has the same amount of power as my Kindle.

Also, Switch 2 voice chat confirmed?!

4 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Anywho! Here's something of interest for Nintendo's next console...

While Sony and Microsoft are at each other's throats regarding the Microsoft ABK buyout?

luigi-mario.gif

Nintendo wins by doing absolutely nothing

So they're confirming Xbox is good to stick it out for another decade.

Think that just about seals it for me. I shan't be moving to Xbox until after this deal expires, then. Bring it. :hehe:

1 hour ago, bob said:

Also, Switch 2 voice chat confirmed?!

You just know there's a pallet of Wii Speaks they're waiting for a chance to repurpose. I thought it'd be for the Nintendogs, Cats + Goldfish settee edition.

Ima just gonna post this here...

Uhh... holy shit? Halo on Switch for reals!

Edited by Dcubed

8 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Don't know, but Deku Deals have to be pulling data from somewhere surely?

Yeah, there's plenty of those sites and apps out there but I couldn't find anything. Until I asked ChatGPT about it and it pointed me to Nintendo Developer Portal. So I signed up there but still haven't found the endpoints to use. So I asked the support and am waiting for an answer. 

Xbox have a lot more to gain with putting their games on Switch than Nintendo have for taking them. Be interesting to see where this goes.

Just now, Dcubed said:

Uhh... holy shit? Halo on Switch for reals!

The Tweet says "current and future" titles, and I don't think that includes "discontinued" series

😈

(I kid, of course, just couldn't resist)
(Also, lol on the Eurogamer typo)

Edited by Jonnas

Anyone that has seen me post in the amiibo thread knows that I'm not into merch because it just ends up taking up space but I really like the art style for this series.

Not that I'd get it (maybe if Yoshi was there) but it's nice all the same

PXL-20230222-071744243.jpg

• Like 3

It's official: Nintendo will be skipping E3 2023. This follows rumours a few weeks ago that stated The Big Three would all be skipping the ESA's E3 this year. 

Per VentureBeat:

Nintendo today confirmed reports that it will not be part of this year's upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo. The company revealed that the show didn't fit into its event plans, and it will not have a presence on the show floor.

The company said in its statement, "We approach our involvement in any event on a case-by-case basis and are always considering various ways to engage with our fans. Since this year's E3 show didn't fit into our plans, we have made the decision to not participate. However, we have been and continue to be a strong supporter of the ESA and E3."

RIP E3 for like the 47th time in the last 4 years. 

Can't help but also wonder at the back of my mind if this has to do with not having anything they want to show yet, as the silhouette of the Switch's successor begins to form on the horizon. Kind of like how PlayStation skipped E3 2019 (which admittedly wasn't just about clearing mindspace for the PS5, but I'm sure that was one of many of reasons). 

nintendoannouncesmar10dayplans2023banner.620x0.webp

Nintendo announces MAR10 Day 2023 activities

Now up on the main page.

It's mostly US-based stuff, but some of the sales etc could relate to European regions.

The Switch bundle with a free digital Mario title seems reasonable for what it is.

The Switch is 6 years old today

Crikey. And no sign of a Switch 2 yet...

On 03/03/2023 at 2:15 PM, Helmsly said:

The Switch is 6 years old today

And what a run it's had. Fantastic selection of games to choose from. :bowdown: 

I didn't take the plunge until the end of 2018 due to "wait-and-see" hesitancy brought on from the Wii U and not really being finished with the 3DS. When a bundle deal came up in Tesco I could hold out no more. No regrets on that front as the thing still hasn't had a price drop! Immediately launched myself into the eShop to get Fortnite and the likes of Cat Quest, Overcooked 2, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Uncanny Valley and Hyper Sentinel, shortly followed by Golf Story. Yep, I embraced the indies. The digital version of Mario + Rabbids was among those first buys too. In the following months, I filled my fridge with Sega Ages Phantasy Star, OutRun, FF VII, Shovel Knight Treasure Trove and on and on it's gone. That's without mentioning the stack of physical games. Never expected to amass this many games for the Switch. :D 

• Like 2

On 22/01/2023 at 10:01 PM, S.C.G said:

It's good to see replacement Joy-Con sticks with hall effect sensors being offered.

So long as you're fine with replacing them, and the price seems to be around £30 or so for the pair, this seems like a good solution.

I decided to pre-order one of these controllers for the Switch, which offers hall effect joysticks, a proper d-pad and a few other improvements...

https://nyxigaming.com/products/nyxi-wizard-wirleless-joy-pad-for-switch-switch-oled

3c5fbb42313e42e8993e1833e2fb33ed_900x.jp

-03_1_900x.jpeg?w=1500&h=1500

It has the same layout as a GC pad, functions like a pro controller, seems to work wirelessly and wired with the charging cable, and has a few extra buttons.

I've no idea how it will be to use, and it won't be shipped for a while but it looks decent enough.

The site isn't that great for ordering from, though you can get a 10% off discount code, which makes the controller/oversized GC joy-cons around £50.

It likely won't replace an official GC controller for Smash, but it could make playing that game and others in portable mode for longer than half an hour a possibility.

Just over six weeks later, the NXYI GameCube styled controller / joy-cons has shipped.

If it arrives soon, that will be perfect timing to try it out with Metroid Prime Remastered, in addition to Metroid Fusion in portable mode, though I'll likely stick with either the NSO SNES pad or the Hori GC pad for TV play, though this new contoller will surely have a few situations where it will prove to be useful, assuming all the buttons hold up.

Anyway, being that the controller is shipping now, it looks like it's now just available to buy, no pre-order necessary, and though I don't recommend the website, as it's not the most user-friendly, there should at least be a discount code to use when signing up, which makes the pad around £50.

It's an option, at least... it's always good to have options. :peace:

(I might even play Smash in portable mode with it, only offline though, it has been a while since I last played the single player mode)

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/04/nintendo-will-repair-out-of-warranty-joy-con-for-free-in-the-uk-eea-switzerland

Until further notice, Nintendo will not charge you in the European Economic Area (EEA), UK and Switzerland for the repair of the responsiveness syndrome irrespective of whether this is caused by a defect or by wear and tear.

Nintendo takes great pride in creating high-quality and durable products and is continuously making improvements to them. Therefore and until further notice, Nintendo offers to consumers who purchased the respective product in the EEA, UK and Switzerland that repairs for responsiveness syndrome relating to control sticks will be conducted at no charge by official Nintendo repair centres. This applies even if the syndrome is caused by wear and tear and even if the 24-month manufacturer's warranty provided by Nintendo has expired. The manufacturer's warranty does not affect any statutory rights which you may have under consumer protection legislation as the purchaser of goods. The benefits described here are in addition to those rights.

FINALLY!!!!

• Like 2

If anyone was wondering where the decision came from...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good 'ol EU Commission.  Always doing good work fighting for consumer rights.  Thank goodness that the UK is still part o...

... oh :(

Edited by Dcubed

Holy shit! I just found the best website on the internet (outside of N-Europe).  Presenting...

https://www.switchiconshowdown.com/

Switch Icon Showdown! The ultimate compendium of great and awful Switch Menu Icons, in a fight to the death for ultimate supremecy and crapency!

This is the best thing ever.  I LOVE that this is a thing :laughing:

• Thanks 1