NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

OH SHIT!

Nintendo have been doing these interviews with various voice actors from the Fire Emblem series for some time now... that's not the important part.  The important part is that this particular interview contains something very interesting... ENGLISH LANGUAGE FOOTAGE OF THE ORIGINAL SNES FE: GENOLOGY OF THE HOLY WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time stamped for your convinence

Roll on the September Nintendo Direct!!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Edited by Dcubed

"Not Actual Game Footage"

Cool your jets. It's not the first time Fire Emblem has mocked up some English conversations for the sake of these interviews.

It's certainly suspicious, but it's not hard confirmation.

Would be neat though!

Heads up. Got LEGO Brawl the other day as it looked fun (for review). It isn't Don't buy it. My 5 year old found it fun for an hour and then he wanted to play something else. There is some fun in creating your own minifigures but it's more fun with real LEGO.

The rumoured Direct next week is perhaps delayed due to the death of the queen. Convenient for the leakers if it doesn't come next week. 

3 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

The rumoured Direct next week is perhaps delayed due to the death of the queen. Convenient for the leakers if it doesn't come next week. 

I don't buy it, it was never announced, first of all. Also, it's like 3am in Japan, the decision makers will be asleep.

This is a convenient "out".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Using a real life death as an excuse for a "leak" not coming true is definitely a crass low for these rumour-mongers.

It’s not like predicting a September Direct is anything praiseworthy to begin with.

I mean, we’ve literally had a September Direct every single year since 2016 (that’s 5 years and counting) without fail.  Real Herlock Shlomes this guy is :heh:

Edited by Dcubed

He did more than predict a September Direct, he predicted the content as well.

• Like 1

The Snitch has started teasing game announcements, whether this is related to the Direct or not is unknown. Given that his info seems to come from recently uploaded YouTube videos at the backend of the site, it's fair to say that there's a good chance this is Direct related.

Screenshot_20220912-1656122.png

Spoiler

Fatal Frame 4. 

I'm reading that Switch hardware achieved a 98% market share in Japan last week. That's absolutely insane. Nintendo has had that country on lock for a while but this is something else. It's fair to say that standard console gaming is well and truly dead over there. It's probably why so many Japanese devs are still making PS4 games because they know PS5 isn't going to make a dent over there.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'm reading that Switch hardware achieved a 98% market share in Japan last week. That's absolutely insane. Nintendo has had that country on lock for a while but this is something else. It's fair to say that standard console gaming is well and truly dead over there. It's probably why so many Japanese devs are still making PS4 games because they know PS5 isn't going to make a dent over there.

Yeah, Japanese devs are kind of stuck if they refuse to make Switch versions of their games and want to maintain any semblance of domestic sales.

The really frightning thing isn't even the PS5's hardware sales (which are still behind Wii U launch-alligned), it's the software attach rate.  I believe it's around 0.3 games per hardware purchase right now... Meaning that at least 2/3's of all PS5 consoles are being sold to scalpers and flipped to be resold overseas! So the real PS5 userbase is actually just a fraction of its hardware sales!

Edited by Dcubed

11 hours ago, Dcubed said:

So the real PS5 userbase is actually just a fraction of its hardware sales!

I'm sure them raising the price of the console will help with that.

Oh wait.

Reggie is a guest on Kit and Krystas YouTube channel. I’ve not had a chance to watch it fully but it should be interesting: 

Edited by Helmsly

nintendomonthlyrewindseptember2022banner.620x0.webp

Nintendo Monthly Rewind September 2022

• Like 1

There is a newfirmware update out for the Switch. Ver.15.0.0. There does not seem to be any major changes though:

• The location of the Bluetooth Audio menu within System Settings has moved.
  • Screenshots can be taken using the Capture button while in the Nintendo Switch Online Application found on the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu.
  • Video capture is not supported.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1

nascarrivalsbanner.620x0.webp

Nascar Rivals Launch Trailer

Now up on the front page.

Overview and launch trailer, for this Switch exclusive Racing game.

14 minutes ago, euroninfan said:

@S.C.G is the game fast, like in nascar racing, do you reslly think the cars doing 200 mph.

I just watched a gameplay video, during it, the car which was racing definitely hit 200mph, so it would seem that the game is fast.

Fast for Nascar, anyway... compared to say... F-Zero? The game is more average speed.

I've not used my switch in a while and not had the dock plugged in and just trying now and nada. Tried it docked, tried the AC adaptor directly and tried my own USB-C cable and nothing happens for any of them, not even a light to indicate it is charging. 

I'm screwed aren't I?

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

I've not used my switch in a while and not had the dock plugged in and just trying now and nada. Tried it docked, tried the AC adaptor directly and tried my own USB-C cable and nothing happens for any of them, not even a light to indicate it is charging. 

I'm screwed aren't I?

If it's not been used for a while and the battery has went flat I would keep it in the charger for a fair few hours.

But should it indicate its charging at all?

I'll give that a go anyway. There goes my plan to procrastinate with some Mario & Rabbids though!

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

But should it indicate its charging at all?

I'll give that a go anyway. There goes my plan to procrastinate with some Mario & Rabbids though!

If the battery has been flat for a while then I imagine it will take a long time to see signs of life.

Just done a quick Google and it said this...

When a Switch's battery is fully drained, it can take several minutes to turn back on, even if connected to its charger. Give it up to a few hours to charge and restart. If you haven't used your Switch in days or weeks since its battery drained, it can take even longer to resuscitate, up to 12 to 24 hours.

• Like 1