NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

An interesting post about how the Switch (and Nintendo consoles more broadly) are built as children-first but the problem is the internet is full of adults so a lot of assumptions about how things should be built are on the basis that they should be the primary audience as they are the most vocal/visible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This became surprisingly apparent to me when I took my WiiU to the local community centre and let a bunch of kids play Smash. A lot of them gravitated toward the Wii Remote and the Wii Classic Controller, while the ones aged over 10 would use the WiiU Pro Controller or GameCube Controller.

That whole thing about games that don't require the shoulder buttons is true too. Apart from Smash (which can be fun even if you don't use shield or dodge), I started focusing on games that avoided them, because young kids didn't grasp it as well as older people. Quick multiplayer games like Runbow and Towerfall became quick non-Smash favourites because of this, as well as New Super Mario Bros U for more co-operative shenanigans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another remastered Star Wars game is on its way to the Switch: KOTOR II comes on 8th June. 

They're also making the Restored Content mod available for it, which adds a ton of unfinished stuff to the game.

Isn't it like an expected Direct rather than rumoured? I at least would expect some announcements during June. 

But cool if true. I really like the look of Turtles. 

Yeah, I'm day-1'ing that shiz!

Hoping some N-Europe members can get a 4 player sesh together.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:
Confirmation of the rumoured Direct?

Keep refreshing the South Korean Youtube page just in case. ;) 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Confirmation of the rumoured Direct?

7 hours ago, Ike said:

Apparently, details about Neon White aren't allowed to be mentioned until after June 15 5pm either.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/08/nintendo-direct-rumoured-for-next-week-thanks-to-neon-white-leak-16789426

The article says they've had to sign NDA's so someone's been breaching their contract. 

Well, both of these were shown and dated during the Summer Game Fest. Guess they had nothing to do with a Direct.

6 player online co-op was announced for Turtles, as well as Casey Jones being playable and the game launching on Game Pass. One for you to play, @RedShell.

• Thanks 1

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge is up for pre-order on the ehsop with a 10% discount

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge is up for pre-order on the ehsop with a 10% discount

I was already in at full price, but that's just peachy.

If more people like me get it Day 1 on Switch, we should have a session on it. It's 6 player online.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

If more people like me get it Day 1

I don't think there are many more people like you.

Edited by bob
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

6 player online co-op was announced for Turtles, as well as Casey Jones being playable and the game launching on Game Pass. One for you to play, @RedShell.

Yeah, that’s a very welcome addition to Game Pass for me. :cool: 

12 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Even with that, it still means they're asking people to shell out £20+. Fingers crossed it delivers.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Shredder-s-Revenge-1951281.html

35 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Yeah, that’s a very welcome addition to Game Pass for me. :cool: 

Hero in a red shell!

Should provide some bodacious summer fun.

90S GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY | Teenage mutant ninja turtles, 90s  cartoon, Ninja turtles

• Haha 2

Atlus puts Persona 3, 4 and 5 on Xbox before Switch…

… Atlus gonna Atlus I suppose :blank:

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Atlus puts Persona 3, 4 and 5 on Xbox before Switch…

… Atlus gonna Atlus I suppose :blank:

Money talks. They are apparently coming to other consoles at some point. Microsoft clearly moneyhatted the games.

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Money talks. They are apparently coming to other consoles at some point. Microsoft clearly moneyhatted the games.

Sega takes ages. :zzz: 

14 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

But it's fine when Microsoft does it! :p

Them also coming to Switch I imagine is still on the table, but it looks a bit shakier with an update from Atlus that it's coming to PS and Steam with no mention of the Switch:

Honestly, my biggest issue with moneyhatting - as a consumer - is honestly just the confusion it tends to generate afterwards about what's releasing where, as we've seen here with these Persona games ::shrug:

48 minutes ago, Julius said:

Honestly, my biggest issue with moneyhatting - as a consumer - is honestly just the confusion it tends to generate afterwards about what's releasing where, as we've seen here with these Persona games ::shrug:

It was the same when Tomb Raider was timed exclusive on the Xbox. It was all smoke and mirrors and nobody really had a clue what was going on.

• Like 1

New Fire Emblem game rumours from Emily Rogers, so it could go either way. :p 

Spoiler

Here is what I can share about the new Fire Emblem game.

- Upcoming Fire Emblem is a new game, not a remake. Brand new story.
- Collaboration between Intelligent Systems, Koei Tecmo and Gust (division of Koei Tecmo Holdings).
- Gust heavily assisted with the visuals / graphics. Graphics are an improvement over "Three Houses".
- Originally intended as an anniversary game to celebrate FE's 30th anniversary. The game has been finished for over a year.
- Main character (main lord) has strange red and blue hair. His mother is a dragon.
- New "Emblems" gimmick allows players to summon "FE characters from the past" for your squad.

FE rumours are almost always bunk. I'd bet against this one too.

Spoiler

"Finished for a year"? Fuck off.

"Better graphics than Three Houses"? It's always a new art style, those can't be "better". Unless the game you're describing looks exactly the same, but with better oranges, fuck off.

Emily's description of the game (half-dragon protag, summonable lords from previous games) sound like obvious retreads from Fates and Awakening. That kind of vapid creativity always sounds fake.

I am aware I'm always at the risk of looking like a fool whenever I reject these rumours so strongly. It's a risk I'm always willing to take.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonnas said:

FE rumours are almost always bunk. I'd bet against this one too.

There are now screenshots floating around for the game. No idea how legit they are though.

31 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There are now screenshots floating around for the game. No idea how legit they are though.

Whether it's legit or not, it was worth it purely for waking up this morning and busting a gut over breakfast because of that hair!

It's so ridiculous!

• Haha 1