NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

These sales numbers are good but they also said they're considering NFTs so fuck em :p 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

These sales numbers are good but they also said they're considering NFTs so fuck em :p 

Is that that comment that stated they weren't sure how to get joy out of it?

That's such a "Political No" answer to appease shareholders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

Is that that comment that stated they weren't sure how to get joy out of it?

That's such a "Political No" answer to appease shareholders.

Any consideration is worth of condemnation. Its outright no or nothing! But yeah I guess it was just to shut them up. I'm sure if it happened now they'd say "look at what happened with Team17".

6 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

What happened with Team17?

They got caught eighteen Team 19

monsters-pixar.gif

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

7 minutes ago, Julius said:

They got caught eighteen Team 19

I hate you for this. :p 

• Haha 2

There is still no release date for TMNT Shredders Revenge, but there is a new trailer showing off Splinter:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been meaning to post this for a while now. Seeing as it's Nintendo related I figured I'd post it in here rather than the podcast thread.

During my absence from this place late last year, I watched this video. I did a forum search and couldn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Colin managed to get an interview with Filip about the whole reviewing scandal that happened at IGN. It's a good watch and gives insight as to why Filip done what he did, the ridiculous culture in the industry surrounding the importance of reviews and being first, and the general pressure that is on individuals when working for a place like IGN. It's a very open and honest conversation about the whole thing and it's great to here Filip's thoughts on the matter after all these years.

Interesting comments about Nintendo and their policy about acquisitions, giving all that's going on.

In January last year, Nintendo was notified by the owners of Next Level Games that they were looking to sell the company. Next Level is a major dev partner to Nintendo, having developed the last two (hugely successful) Luigi's Mansion games and the Mario Strikers series. Faced with a similar situation to the one it had with Rare, Nintendo this time decided it needed to spend the money to secure the team.

Nintendo's statement on the acquisition left no doubt as to why it had bought Next Level. It was because the developer was looking to be bought, not because Nintendo was looking to buy. It was a defensive acquisition, not an offensive one.

Like many in video games, Nintendo is enjoying a profitable time. Its Switch platform is the most popular console in the world and its games are selling in the tens of millions. The result is that Nintendo is spending money, in fact it's just committed almost $900m to expanding its development teams. However, unlike the rest of the industry, Nintendo isn't drawing up a shopping list of developers.

Iwata may not be with us anymore, but current president Shuntaro Furukawa clearly holds the same values. In a quote about acquisitions reported by Bloombergthis month, he said: "Our brand was built upon products crafted with dedication by our employees, and having a large number of people who don't possess Nintendo DNA in our group would not be a plus to the company."

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Interesting comments about Nintendo and their policy about acquisitions, giving all that's going on.

Here's the link: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-02-15-nintendo-doesnt-want-to-buy-companies-but-it-may-have-to-opinion

It's an opinion piece, not a direct report from Nintendo.

You're welcome :)

And yes, for the record, I agree with the general sentiment of this article.

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

????

You didn't link to the original article or give any context about where it came from and what it is.  Kind of poor form for everyone here who hasn't read the article yet :p

Edited by Dcubed

Them letting Rare go still stings. :( 

Nintendo may not want to play the acquisition game but their hand may be forced if Microsoft keep buying up developers to bolster their Game Pass initiative and Sony try to keep up. Nintendo is in the very fortunate position in that the studios bought by their competitors don't really offer much to Nintendo's hybrid. The worry comes when the target becomes Japan and indie studios. Imagine if S-E or Capcom gets snapped up. There goes the likes of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Monster Hunter and Resident Evil. Scary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Resident Evil. Scary.

Read the first period as a colon instead as if it was the name of a game. 

Resident Evil: Scary

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Ready to have your minds blown?

https://famiboards.com/threads/nintendo-first-party-development-thread-st-nintendo-party-superstars.114/post-128783

https://famiboards.com/threads/nintendo-first-party-development-thread-st-nintendo-party-superstars.114/post-128952

NST were the main developer behind Bowser's Fury! NOT Nintendo EPD! (Japan)

Holy FUCK! I would never have guessed.  Bowser's Fury is absolutely NOTHING like NST's previous works at all! It has absolutely zero of their typical hallmarks!!

THE GUYS WHO DID MARIO VS DK, METROID PRIME HUNTERS AND WAVE RACE BLUE STORM DID BOWSER'S FURY!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHAT IS EVEN REALITY ANYMORE!?!?!?

Begs the question then... Just what the hell have EPD Tokyo been doing for the past 5 years!? They apparantly did the SM3DW port internally, but otherwise have been totally AWOL since putting out Super Mario Odyssey!

We now live in a world where the guys behind Project H.A.M.M.E.R get to work on a mainline 3D Mario game, while Retro Studios have been basically completely MIA for almost 10 years.

Edit:  Just realised... this explains everything about the technical issues with Bowser's Fury on Switch (especially in handheld mode).  Did always think that it was really out of character for Nintendo EPD to prioritise visuals over performance... Now I know why! It wasn't them!

Edited by Dcubed

On 04/09/2020 at 2:56 PM, Ronnie said:

EPD 8 are presumably working on Odyssey 2

On 04/09/2020 at 3:49 PM, Dcubed said:

They have been working on Bowser's Fury instead.

The above must have been an opinion piece.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Begs the question then... Just what the hell have EPD Tokyo been doing for the past 5 years!? They apparantly did the SM3DW port internally, but otherwise have been totally AWOL since putting out Super Mario Odyssey!

That's easy. 

They've been making a realistic Chris Pratt model to add to Odyssey as DLC. They'll then be bricking the Switch consoles of those that don't purchase the DLC within 24 hours of it being added to the eShop, but not before adding Virtual Console to the store for only 5 minutes.

Naturally, the eShop will crash.

We'll be sent used eShop codes as compensation. 

• Haha 2

@Ronnie Don't see you guessing that the guys who made Ridge Racer 64 made Bowser's Fury; so you're no better :p

Edited by Dcubed

9 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Since it looked like you managed to complete Netflix on the Wii U I'm sure you're chomping at the bit for something like this on the Switch. :p 

• Haha 3

After a bit of Switch advice.

I want to use my Wii U Pro Controller on the Switch and just wondering what is the best Bluetooth adapter to buy?

Seen a few on eBay but mostly from China which I want to avoid.

This one stands out

11 minutes ago, lostmario said:

After a bit of Switch advice.

I want to use my Wii U Pro Controller on the Switch and just wondering what is the best Bluetooth adapter to buy?

Seen a few on eBay but mostly from China which I want to avoid.

This one stands out

Get this one...

https://www.8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/

I have it, works perfectly.

• Thanks 1