NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

Here is mine:

yir-games-played_1.jpg?width=1038&height=1229

yir-most-played-games_1.jpg?width=590&height=1230

yir-total-hours-played_1.jpg

yir-activity_1.jpg?width=929&height=1231

And my handheld percentage was 87%. Curious to see that I put so many hours in Immortals, but it is a good game so actually not that surprising. Dark Souls at 30 hours and still not finished!

• Like 3

@Glen-i that's a lot of hours.

Here's mine:

99c4efebdb4129309c92b2d7ba4c2389.jpg279c792fd53abce3cc550862ef88da10.jpgd26e1d4fed467df80f582871a49132c6.jpg1d0d525356e948a0f80be06fe7c399a2.jpg

Twas a good year. Especially that single hour in September spent playing Mario Kart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bob said:

Especially that single hour in September spent playing Mario Kart.

Did you at least win?

• Haha 1

pYHWcVc.png
FwomqCc.png
xp27sy2.png
Pp2zfA4.png
dJztxwe.png

Yeah looks about normal. AC still continues to be my daily game even if that’s only 20 to 30 minutes to do my run around. Those Smash numbers are pretty much what we have spent this year as a NE group playing online. Maybe a couple added for editing videos. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

uc?export=view&id=1cXJkjav_xdYJYjBFwPCNF

uc?export=view&id=1gMKbELz8O65Zr4Pb32i-N

uc?export=view&id=1VBp3_OZP80hQcRl4ndli7

uc?export=view&id=1J5hk0ZnO_iCcFvDS_T-AF

Not getting the final insect I need in Animal Crossing combined with my online sub running out really contributed to things tapering off for me after summer. I've got about 30 hours in NEO: The World Ends With You and spent some time back in Paper Mario: The Origami King this month though; Switch is by no means dead for me. :yay: 

Stats not included in the image download:
93% docked.
7% handheld. (How this isn't 1% or 0% I do not know!)

What's next?
Zelda: Skyward Sword NOPE
Metroid Dread PLEASE NO
WarioWare: Get It Together CAN'T SEE IT
N64 Switch Online NEVER SAY NEVER

Here's to 2022. :santa: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not having played much recently I thought I might try and catch up on Switch stuff after having it put away for quite a while. Considering ordering one of these, any thoughts on which?

Link’s Awakening
Pokemon Sword/Shield
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Skyward Sword

Of those I think Skyward Sword is the best experience. Unless you have some weird nostalgic feelings towards Link's Awakening or Diamond/Pearl. Sword and Shield are not so good, I'd wait for Legends Arceus to come out on January 28th if you fancy some Pokémon. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Of those I think Skyward Sword is the best experience. Unless you have some weird nostalgic feelings towards Link's Awakening or Diamond/Pearl. Sword and Shield are not so good, I'd wait for Legends Arceus to come out on January 28th if you fancy some Pokémon. 

I never played Skyward Sword due to my hatred of motion controls. I think I had Diamond but I remember nothing about it and never had Link’s Awakening.  What kind of Pokemon game is Legends Arceus?

Out of those games, I'd pick The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword because it seems to be a solid remake of a game which was well designed, and it gives you more ways to play.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening is also a good remake, but it does seem to lose a lot of charm that the original had, while offering various improvements.

Pokémon Sword & Shield are decent games, though I couldn't get into them, I know that they offer a new take on the old formula, plus there are expansions if you like the base game.

Pokémon Diamond & Pearl seems to be decent remakes, though they aren't without their drawbacks, though I would say it's worth checking out our review if you're interested.

Although, I haven't played any of these games for more than a few hours, I did complete Skyward Sword the first time on the Wii and enjoyed it, same for Pokémon Diamond version on the DS, though I seem to recall the game becoming drawn out towards the end, and Link's Awakening is a classic title, I'd still say that the GB/GBC version is more enjoyable, but there are parts of the Switch remake which are well done.

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

I never played Skyward Sword due to my hatred of motion controls. I think I had Diamond but I remember nothing about it and never had Link’s Awakening.  What kind of Pokemon game is Legends Arceus?

Then As is the obvious choice. It's a good game and provides a good story in the Zelda-universe. 

Pokémon Legends: Arceus is a bit of a mystery somehow. It seems to be a cross between Pokémon and Monster Hunter but exactly what this means is hard to see from the trailers. It's out soon, though, so advertisement of the game is bound to go up. 

Sword and Shield are more or less the worst Pokémon games I've played. They aren't bad games but just not what Pokémon needed. They are linear with no side-quests or caves, the story is uninteresting, the champion looks like an idiot and generally just underwhelming. The Wild Area is a nice prototype of the future of Pokémon, and the expansions should be good. 

I also disliked Link's Awakening but that's because it's a very faithful remake of the old game, and having never played that, I went into the game blind. I struggled to finish it because of some weird, old-school game logic that just didn't suit a new game. I think it's worth checking out, though, if uoy enjoy Zelda-games. It is charming but just not logical in how it's build. 

Edited by MindFreak
  • Like 1

After watching a few reviews on all the games I ended up going with Pokemon Brilliant Diamond. I usually end up getting bored during Pokemon games and moaning but here's hoping it's been long enough now. Used the Currys discount code as well so I at least got it a bit cheaper.

Sword and Shield I actually quite liked the look of from the review and almost bought. It was your comments @MindFreak then made me leave it for now. I may still get it in the future though once I'm done with Diamond.

Link's Awakening I've left for now. Another one I may get later but there was no real urge to play it.

Skyward Sword I just don't think I would appreciate as much as the rest of you. Watching the review it sounded like the button only controls were pretty terrible and to be honest, I don't like Zelda games enough to push past bad controls.

I also nearly bought The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles game as I've always loved those games but I've still got Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice to complete. Once I'm really invested I can fly through those games but until that happens it can take years to complete them!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I bloody loved Links Awakening and I'm not a huge Zelda fan. I pretty much never finish Zelda games (BOTW was the exception). 

I did have to consult a guide for Links Awakening a few times, as like others said some old school elements remain which don't make a great deal of sense. 

But it was a great game IMO. 

I'm playing Diamond now and not enjoying it. Think it's the worst in the series and I've played them all. 

I enjoyed sword but hated the raids and the mega evolution stuff. Or whatever it's called now. But for me, Sword was a better game. 

Nintendo of Europe shared a list of the 22 most played titles on Switch in 2021:

1. Fortnite
2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
3. Minecraft
4. Pokemon Sword
5. Pokemon Shield
6. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
7. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
8. Rocket League
9. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
10. Super Mario Odyssey
11. FIFA 21 Legacy Edition
12. Pokemon Unite
13. Monster Hunter Rise
14. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
15. Super Mario Party
16. Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu
17. Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee
18. Splatoon 2
19. FIFA 20 Legacy Edition
20. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
21. Super Mario Maker 2
22. Luigi’s Mansion 3

Quite an interesting list. Seeing both FIFAs there (guess 22 arrived a bit too late to make the chart), Fortnite #1, Minecraft #3. Zelda still high in the chart. No Metroid, maybe it's too short of a game to make it in. Would have expected Monster Hunter to be higher as well. And Splatoon 2 is still being played apparently.

• Like 3

Luigi's Mansion making the cut feels like the most surprising one to me. Nice.

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Absolutely nothing surprising about that list whatsoever.

I'm personally a little surprised they went with 22 titles. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It's because of Pokemon Sword/Shield and Let's Go being split into 2 SKUs.  It is actually 20 games still.

The only surprise is no Metroid, disappointing :( Maybe it released too late in the year

4 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

It's because of Pokemon Sword/Shield and Let's Go being split into 2 SKUs.  It is actually 20 games still.

Don't you come at me with logic!

• Haha 1

Just now, Ashley said:

Don't you come at me with logic!

No, he came at you with Pokémon.

There's nothing logical about Pokémon players.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

The only surprise is no Metroid, disappointing :( Maybe it released too late in the year

Yeah, if Pokémon BD/SP couldn't make it. A 10 hour tops game like Dread has no hope.

16 hours ago, Ashley said:

I figured it was because it's 2022 now haha. But yeah, the Pokémon split sounds reasonable too.

48 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I figured it was because it's 2022 now haha. 

More than likely!