NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

content-4-36546-asterixobelixslapthemallbanner.jpg

Asterix & Obelix: Slap Them All! is coming to the Nintendo Switch

Slapped up on the main page. :peace:

The game looks great, for what it is. This may well be another enjoyable Beat 'em Up.

- - - - -

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I'm wondering if it's a remake of the old arcade game. Starting to feel like I prefer the old pixelart, as the artstyle seems slightly off, as in "not quite the comic style".

It's a spiritual successor. 

Goddamn it! I literally just posted that in the thread for the game, @Helmsly!

Great minds, eh?

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Goddamn it! I literally just posted that in the thread for the game, @Helmsly!

Great minds, eh?

I figured there was a thread but I couldn't find it and posted it here instead lol

This was confirmed for Switch (as well as PS4,PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S

That's an absolute meaningless trailer.. I have no idea what's going on story-wise, and I want to see gameplay. The only thing that is making me take note is that this is apparently the new Firaxis project. But the gameplay trailer had better be good, because this trailer isn't doing it for me.

Edited by Sméagol

X-Com but with Marvel? It certainly raised my interest, even without any gameplay. I look forwarrd to seeing more of it.

Two more characters revealed for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl:

You wait for ages for April O'Neil to show up in a video game then two show up at once!

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, yellow jumpsuit April is having one hell of a week, huh?

The more I see of Nick All-Star Brawl, the more promising it looks. The roster's top notch (Still can't get over Reptar being in it), the movesets look nice and weird, and the stages look like they have a decent amount of carnage going on.

Now obviously, it won't hold up to the sheer polish of Smash Ultimate, but that's a miracle game. It wouldn't be fair to compare the two directly. This could make a great side game to it though!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My thoughts exactly @Glen-i

^Pokemon TV app is now on the eshop. I assume this was already announced on the recent direct but I didn't get a chance to watch it yet.

5 hours ago, Helmsly said:

I assume this was already announced on the recent direct but I didn't get a chance to watch it yet.

It surprisingly wasn't announced - it came out of the blue yesterday.

• Like 1

Wow! Nick All Stars is looking legit! They’re doing everything right so far :D 

It takes some getting used to (it's no Xcom), but I think I'm somewhat interested.

Would love to see more characters though, but we'll probably get those. As DLC.

• Like 1

Seems GB/GBC titles will be heading to Switch Online: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-03-game-boy-and-game-boy-color-titles-headed-to-nintendo-switch-online

Was going to post this in the Switch Online thread but then realised its specific to SNES so I guess if/when confirmed a new one will be needed.

Curious if this will play in horizontal or vertical mode and more importantly what games will be included. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Curious if this will play in horizontal or vertical mode and more importantly what games will be included. 

Guarantee that none of the Pokémon games will be there. Ever.

No way in hell TPC will let that slip by without making money from it.

Presumably there's some kind of compensation built into the service already. Whether that's enough for TPC is a different question of course but I imagine companies are receiving money from the service. 

Nope.  Not gonna happen.  Nintendo is done with value adds to the NSO service at this point as we’re just too late into the Switch’s lifespan.

We’re not getting any additional games until Switch 2 launches in 2023.

...I'm now looking forward to GB/GBC games being added for two reasons.

(Also hurry up Dec 31st 2023!)

52 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah, pretty much this. 

It's one thing to be enticed by the prospect of a Switch Pro and be drawn into the hype when everyone in the industry and their mother is saying it's on the way, but when Eurogamer are using their own sources, it's hard to not be doubtful. Still waiting on those GameCube games to come to Switch

50 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Guarantee that none of the Pokémon games will be there. Ever.

No way in hell TPC will let that slip by without making money from it.

Yeah, agree with this too :laughing: it's just far too valuable an IP to be sold as part of a service, like with the 3D Mario and Zelda games. We saw it with the legacy Pokémon titles being released on the 3DS and how they spread them out, felt like it got much more of a push than the usual Virtual Console releases too. Which makes sense, as they must have sold a few million copies with those releases. 

(plus it needs to be FireRed and LeafGreen if we're seeing any of them come to Switch first, damn it!)

25 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Nope.  Not gonna happen.  Nintendo is done with value adds to the NSO service at this point as we’re just too late into the Switch’s lifespan.

We’re not getting any additional games until Switch 2 launches in 2023.

Needs that power bump to run those N64 titles :p 

I think the main thing which makes me doubt it (other than Eurogamer) is that the slate for Online has been a mess. NES titles, a year later SNES titles, they drop randomly, and we haven't had a new console added to the service for nearly three years now, right? 

If there were ever a time to add more consoles to the service you feel it would have been last year when everyone was stuck at home, craving nostalgia, and money was tight. That we didn't see that speaks volumes to me, the service probably isn't seeing the use they had hoped, and I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted an overhaul of the entire service (maybe even a bit of a rebrand after seeing the success of Game Pass?) before the Switch 2 comes. 

Or at least, that's what you'd hope. What will really happen is GB and GBC games are added in 2027 to the original Switch halfway through the life of the Switch 2 :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

VGC reported it originally, I wouldn't be surprised it Eurogamer where just copying off them.

They do say it was reported elsewhere and they corroborated and then checked other sources too. I just linked to their article as I saw it on Twitter at that moment.

I'm just saying, because of the non-believers, that it was reported from multiple places.

But I don't really trust Eurogamer or Nintendo Life and we'll see with VGC, so I don't blame people for not believing

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ike said:

I'm just saying, because of the non-believers, that it was reported from multiple places.

But I don't really trust Eurogamer or Nintendo Life and we'll see with VGC, so I don't blame people for not believing

It's basically the way you should handle Smash hype, don't let your hopes and dreams raise your expectations so high that they can't realistically be met and you can't go wrong.

38 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It's basically the way you should handle Smash hype, don't let your hopes and dreams raise your expectations so high that they can't realistically be met and you can't go wrong.

For sure. I'll believe it when/if it's officially announced.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they used the same, or modified, emulator for the Zelda Game and Watch.

VGC also claim there's going to be a Direct this month, so I figured it must just be that time of year again where people make fairly obvious "leaks".