NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

2 hours ago, Kav said:

and have no plans for launching any other model at this time. 

Insiders reporting that the Switch Pro is coming Holiday 2022 in 3, 2, 1...

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Julius said:

Actually, I might have heard that the Nintendo Switch Pro will be released on November 11th, 2022.

Source - My friends, cousin's, brother's Uncle, who works at Nintendo. (but not for much longer) :p

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Julius said:

The thread on ResetEra is full of people dissecting that statement from Nintendo, convincing themselves that it could mean an announcement is imminent. *facepalm*

• Haha 2

"At this time" could just mean "at the same time as OLED". If anyone wants fuel for the conspiracy folks

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

"At this time" could just mean "at the same time as OLED". If anyone wants fuel for the conspiracy folks

Usually used to mean now. “At this time I’m at home” so really we could add fuel to that fire by saying when they tweeted it they had no plans, 5 seconds later they may have. 

I know this is a bit out of the blue, but I've been wondering about the Nintendo Switch's battery.

Is it a special "Nintendo Switch battery" that's specifically designed for the Nintendo Switch and no other device uses it? Or is it just some standard battery that Nintendo uses?

I can see that the battery is called a HAC-001, but from Google I'm unclear which of the above it is?

I'm also wondering, should the battery run dry, would the console still work when plugged in? Obviously if the battery is dead no more handheld mode, but would it still "make a complete circuit" and thus be able to be powered on when plugged in?

1 hour ago, Sckewi said:

I know this is a bit out of the blue, but I've been wondering about the Nintendo Switch's battery.

Is it a special "Nintendo Switch battery" that's specifically designed for the Nintendo Switch and no other device uses it? Or is it just some standard battery that Nintendo uses?

I can see that the battery is called a HAC-001, but from Google I'm unclear which of the above it is?

I'm also wondering, should the battery run dry, would the console still work when plugged in? Obviously if the battery is dead no more handheld mode, but would it still "make a complete circuit" and thus be able to be powered on when plugged in?

Don't think it's proprietary but not 100% sure on that. Do you know if they made their own batteries for previous handhelds? I remember seeing "how to change your Switch battery" guides soon after it came out so if you're thinking of doing that it is totally possible. 

It won't run without a battery, and I'd like to venture that it would work with a dead battery if plugged in but I can't say that with any conviction as I know that when you let the battery run out, you cannot immediately use the system by plugging it in; it needs to charge a bit before being functional.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sckewi said:

The battery is propiatary; it's not an off the shelf part.  No other device uses it.

AFAIK, the Switch will not run without a battery; even when plugged in.  So if your battery completely dies, or explodes or whatever, the rest of your Switch is also dead.

• Thanks 1

Hmmm, Civ VI is available on CD Keys for £12. That's quite tempting, but I worry that if I buy it, that will be all I play. Perhaps forever...

• Haha 1

The PS2 GTA Trilogy appears to be on the way to Switch, rumours saying it could come out as soon as October - just in time for the 20th anniversary of GTA III.

I've been meaning to pick up at least Vice City and San Andreas since I never got around to playing them back in the day so I'll probably pick up the collection if it's a reasonable price

• Like 1

Switch games occupied the entire Top 30 in Japan last week. First time for a single platform holder since 1988! 

Famitsu Sales: Week 32, 2021 (Aug 02 - Aug 08)

01./04. [NSW] Minecraft # <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2018.06.21} (¥3.600) - 14.912 / 2.102.413 (+7%)
02./02. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD <ADV> (Nintendo) {2021.07.16} (¥5.980) - 13.873 / 234.224 (-25%)
03./05. [NSW] Crayon Shin-chan: Ora to Hakase no Natsuyasumi - Owaranai Nanokakan no Tabi # <ADV> (Neos) {2021.07.15} (¥5.982) - 13.798 / 156.274 (+12%)
04./06. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 13.615 / 3.958.065 (+11%)
05./07. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure # <HOB> (Nintendo) {2019.10.18} (¥7.980) - 12.282 / 2.734.231 (+5%)
06./11. [NSW] Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! <TBL> (Konami) {2020.11.19} (¥6.300) - 10.927 / 2.300.976 (+19%)
07./09. [NSW] Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin <RPG> (Capcom) {2021.07.09} (¥6.990) - 10.135 / 205.463 (+6%)
08./12. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2018.12.07} (¥7.200) - 8.978 / 4.367.573 (+5%)
09./13. [NSW] eBaseball Professional Baseball Spirits 2021: Grand Slam <SPT> (Konami) {2021.07.08} (¥6.980) - 8.950 / 159.492 (+5%)
10./08. [NSW] Game Builder Garage <EDU> (Nintendo) {2021.06.11} (¥3.164) - 8.925 / 200.100 (-9%)

11. [NSW] Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury – 8,248 / 836,565
12. [NSW] Super Mario Party – 6,780 / 1,952,132
13. [NSW] Miitopia – 6,536 / 217,957
14. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 6,529 / 6,844,545
15. [NSW] Mario Golf: Super Rush – 6,057 / 161,785
16. [NSW] Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics – 5,077 / 762,996
17. [NSW] Pokemon Sword/Shield – 4,974 / 4,099,325
18. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise – 4,748 / 2,303,192
19. [NSW] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – 4,639 / 397,154
20. [NSW] Splatoon 2 – 4,460 / 3,915,901
21. [NSW] Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 4,210 / 1,852,012
22. [NSW] The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles – 3,737 / 18,197
23. [NSW] NEO: The World Ends with You – 3,229 / 22,028
24. [NSW] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II – 2,853 / NEW
25. [NSW] New Pokemon Snap – 2,756 / 265,980
26. [NSW] Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! – 2,620 / 613,725
27. [NSW] Fishing Spirits: Nintendo Switch Version – 2,577 / 604,827
28. [NSW] Human: Fall Flat – 2,447 / 168,897
29. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI S (New Price Version) – 2,274 / 122,574
30. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 – 2,256 / 1,116,046

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's slightly amusing/bizarre that the top one is published by Microsoft. 

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

It's slightly amusing/bizarre that the top one is published by Microsoft. 

Well they ARE the best 3rd party on Switch.

• Haha 1

Never saw this before: a status about what you are doing in a game. Quite a funny feature, I wonder what other games use this?

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

I wonder what other games use this?

Rocket League and Mario Kart 8 definitely use it, there are a few more that I've seen as well but can't remember now. I guess at some point in the development of Switch Nintendo were planing a robust online system where that information would've actually been useful. :heh:

Do any games even use that invite system that they patched in a while back? :blank:

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Never saw this before: a status about what you are doing in a game. Quite a funny feature, I wonder what other games use this?

Wow I've never seen that either! Pretty cool feature, don't think the other two consoles do that? Maybe I'm mistaken.

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Do any games even use that invite system that they patched in a while back? :blank:

Mario Golf does. It's great! Wish more games used it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Mario Golf does. It's great! Wish more games used it.

Well almost great. If I’m already in Mario Golf, it will close the game to reopen it and then go to the room I was invited to. Still better than nothing just a funny way to do it. 

6 hours ago, RedShell said:

Do any games even use that invite system that they patched in a while back?

Burnout Paradise used it too. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Well almost great. If I’m already in Mario Golf, it will close the game to reopen it and then go to the room I was invited to. Still better than nothing just a funny way to do it.

I imagine it's just a way for the Switch to be able to change software smoothly if need be.

Mario Golf boots up so fast, that it doesn't really matter anyway.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Mario Golf boots up so fast, that it doesn't really matter anyway.

True. It pains me when I have to go from Mario Golf to Animal Crossing. I go make a full Sunday roast while it boots up. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

NES and SNES apps specify the game being played. Will look out for more.

• Thanks 1

Nice catch @Vileplume2000, that's super cool! 

19 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Wow I've never seen that either! Pretty cool feature, don't think the other two consoles do that? Maybe I'm mistaken.

I think it depends on the games on PlayStation, and whether or not the developer has included the feature? Lost count of the times I've seen friends playing FIFA Ultimate Team or losing a game in Career Mode! Think I've spotted it for some other games like Call of Duty as well? 

Can't speak to Xbox though! 

• Thanks 1

Asterix & Obelix 2D beat 'em up coming later this year:

Looks great!

Asterix-Obelix-Slap-them-All-05.jpg

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Helmsly said:

Asterix & Obelix 2D beat 'em up coming later this year

I'm wondering if it's a remake of the old arcade game. Starting to feel like I prefer the old pixelart, as the artstyle seems slightly off, as in "not quite the comic style".