NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

As someone who has been tremendously disappointed with Switch throughout its entire lifecycle so far? From this E3?

THAT’S MORE FUCKING LIKE IT!!! :D 

• Like 2

I’m still fucking buzzing from last night!! I haven’t been this excited by a Nintendo lineup in a very long time!! :D 

Where the hell has THIS Nintendo been for the last 5 years!?!? Long may it reign! :D 

• Like 2

So A Plague Tale: Requiem was announced as coming to the Switch when it launches next year. Focus Home, the publisher of the game, have just announced that they're bringing the original game in the series, A Plague Tale: Innocence, to the Switch on July 6th as a Cloud Version.

And for those interested, its being enhanced for the PS5 and Xbox Series consoles, with it being a free upgrade for existing customers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ganepark32 said:

So A Plague Tale: Requiem was announced as coming to the Switch when it launches next year. Focus Home, the publisher of the game, have just announced that they're bringing the original game in the series, A Plague Tale: Innocence, to the Switch on July 6th as a Cloud Version.

*watches embedded video*

That was nothing to do with Shovel Knight. :confused:

• Haha 1

I don't want to start a thread about it but I need to vent:

My Switch will not download or update games at the moment and it's so damn frustrating.  Apparently it's a fairly widespread problem since the latest update but argh!

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

I don't want to start a thread about it but I need to vent:

My Switch will not download or update games at the moment and it's so damn frustrating.  Apparently it's a fairly widespread problem since the latest update but argh!

I went to check out the eShop sale this afternoon and it took a few attempts to load up and even then it was sluggish. It’s also causing issues when viewing friends lists and seeing what games are being played. A lot of recent games are just showing as question marks.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Angry 1

Yeah, the Switch eShop is a disaster. I browse it on nintendo.co.uk where you can also make purchases and they will be downloaded to your Switch.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-eShop/Nintendo-eShop-1806894.html

Would prefer if it wasn't so clunky on Switch though.

For the current download issue, updates and purchases have worked for me after clicking continue when the pop-up message appears and the game icon has the ----x---- on the progress bar. Did it with Tetris 99 today and it updated at the first attempt. I've also noticed the question mark thing on one person's profile so I clicked on it out of curiosity thinking it must be some mega obscure game, and the Switch just pulled the game info off the eShop and now it displays as normal. I think it was just Super Bomberman R or something. ::shrug: 

There's little hope of the eShop getting optimised (maybe this is as optimised as they can get it...!) :nono: but hopefully they can get the download/ update issue sorted asap. 

I've been having the same problem, I have patchy internet as it is so it's a right pain to download anything. I'm surprised they haven't pushed for a fix any quicker than this, it has been at least a week right? I can't imagine it is good for sales. 

It's most likely a server issue. It's so widespread, it has to be.

Again, until Nintendo release a patch, all you can do is just keep retrying until you luck out.

I have Baten Kaitos for Gamecube and to be honest it's a bit of a blur in my memory. I remember visually liking some of the maps/ backgrounds a lot, but I just put up with the card battle system instead of getting into it and playing with it. I think it had some bad sound quality for spoken dialogue?

I'm up for a rerelease and Origins finally coming over here would be nice too. Even better if it paves the way to a third entry and further continuation of the series. 

Just wanna pass on some information that may be useful to some of you (though it wasn't to me, sadly..)

Dragon Quest XI is apparently £16 in Smyth's (handy if you have one nearby) but word is that it may also be £14.99 in GAME.

It wasn't in stock in either or of those places in my local town but I did happen to notice Astral Chain is £14.99 in GAME.. though, once again, when I took it to the counter they didn't have it in stock and weren't prepared to sell me a pre-owned copy for the same price.

Nintendo is looking for "Game Network Engineers". Interesting...

12 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

If Mario's wearing the red tie then what's DK got on. :blank: 

His birthday suit

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

If Mario's wearing the red tie

Erm...Plumbers Don't Wear Ties.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

He stopped being a plumber a few years ago Nintendo confirmed. 

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Who said he was still a plumber?

E5SeF6PWUAE3_vC?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 2

There is a new firmware update: 12.1.0

Ver. 12.1.0 (Released July 5, 2021)

Added the following system functionality:

If there is not enough space remaining on the system memory (internal storage) or microSD card when downloading game software update data, you can now delete old data for that software, enabling you to download the new data.

When deleting the old data, you won't be able to play the game until the new data has finished downloading.

General system stability improvements have been made to enhance the user's experience.

• Thanks 3

Wow, not exactly the first brand you think of for a collaboration

That’s definitely a strange one. Generally I’m not a huge fan of Tag Heuer but I quite like the Monaco collection. Quite interested to see what comes out of this.