NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

I mean, does the phrase "A broken clock is right twice a day" mean anything to you?

It's hardly a revelation when it's predicted once a month.

• Thanks 1

Ugh, if it comes out this year, I can't buy it. Just bought a house, can't afford anything else...! 

Perhaps I should just wait until Nintendo finish a console (i.e. when they announce their next one) and judge it bases on games. Nintendo don't feel like a company where you can be sure they'll put out loads of great games across a console anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Ugh, if it comes out this year, I can't buy it. Just bought a house, can't afford anything else...! 

I'll buy you a Switch Pro if you give me the house

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'll buy you a Switch Pro if you give me the house

There is a spare room - is that alright?

If it's today it'll be a big news day with Far Cry 6 gameplay, Horizon Forbidden West and the Switch Pro.

Obviously all appetisers for the real news today, the Darkest Dungeon 2 gameplay reveal.

• Like 1

I imagine we'll see a repeat on Nintendo's 2017 software strategy for the Switch Pro. BOTW2, a new game from the Mario team (which is rumoured to be a Donkey Kong title), possibly Mario Kart and then Splatoon 3 (already announced). I'm hoping for a few third party titles too - Red Dead 2 would be lovely.

I imagine they'll announce the console before E3 for two reasons:

1. It gives time for specs and stuff to be discussed outside of their main E3 video, which means they can focus on their software line up for the next 12 months.

2. It means third party announcements over the next few weeks can include Switch Pro footage / confirmation.

Edited by Goron_3

18 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

I imagine we'll see a repeat on Nintendo's 2017 software strategy for the Switch Pro. BOTW2, a new game from the Mario team (which is rumoured to be a Donkey Kong title), possibly Mario Kart and then Splatoon 3 (already announced). I'm hoping for a few third party titles too - Red Dead 2 would be lovely.

I imagine they'll announce the console before E3 for two reasons:

1. It gives time for specs and stuff to be discussed outside of their main E3 video, which means they can focus on their software line up for the next 12 months.

2. It means third party announcements over the next few weeks can include Switch Pro footage / confirmation.

And Mario + Rabbids 2 please. 4 years later, surely time.

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

There is a spare room - is that alright?

Deal.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

And Mario + Rabbids 2 please. 4 years later, surely time.

Yes!

I saw on Davide Soliani's twitter a little while back he's moving out of Milan soon but just checking he seems to still be working for Ubisoft Milan (and apparently they're moving office so hopefully a sign of growth) so there's still a chance.

28 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

I'm hoping for a few third party titles too - Red Dead 2 would be lovely.

Hah! Rockstar actually giving a toss about a Nintendo console! That's funny!

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

There was that GTA game on the DS!

• Haha 1

Just now, Ashley said:

There was that GTA game on the DS!

Knew someone would point out Chinatown Wars.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, huh?

Just now, Glen-i said:

Knew someone would point out Chinatown Wars.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, huh?

Maybe their support for Nintendo consoles is like the cicada cycle and soon Rockstar will come out...screaming and reproducing on the Switch? 

Maybe not the best metaphor. 

14 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Body Harvest to kick off N64 games app with the Switch online subscription?

If Rockstar reckon they can sell GTAV on another console, i'm sure it'll be there.

38 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I saw on Davide Soliani's twitter a little while back he's moving out of Milan soon but just checking he seems to still be working for Ubisoft Milan (and apparently they're moving office so hopefully a sign of growth) so there's still a chance.

They've dropped a couple of hints they're working on a sequel, seems obvious and inevitable, but who knows. Fingers crossed.

33 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh come on, I mean...

51kwQDcdktL._AC_.jpg

:blank:

• Haha 2

There’s no Switch Pro coming out this year because Ubisoft haven’t leaked it yet ;) 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Translated text from the article...

'Around two years after the Switch Lite, a new version of the popular Nintendo console could soon be presented. The start of sales is expected as early as autumn.

Nintendo is apparently about to start production of a new version of the popular Nintendo Switch console. As the business magazine Bloomberg writes, production should start as early as July.

According to the report, the new version could hit the market in September or October. Bloomberg relies on unspecified sources that are said to be familiar with the matter. In terms of price - so it is assumed - the new switch could start more expensive than the previous model.

An announcement is also expected soon. Accordingly, Nintendo could officially present the device before the E3 game fair. For development studios this would have the advantage that they could present new games with the new hardware.
New switch probably with OLED display

So far, there is little reliable information about the features of the new console. Nintendo itself has not even confirmed that it is working on a new Switch at all. There are still some rumors circulating in various media reports: As Bloomberg also reported at the beginning of March, the new model is to be equipped with an OLED display from Samsung instead of the LC display currently in use.

The previous resolution of the display of 720p should not change. In TV mode, the switch graphics could in future be output in 4K instead of 1080p. This should be made possible by a more powerful Nvidia hardware that works with the upscaling technology DLSS. Games in lower resolution can be upscaled to a higher resolution thanks to the AI model.'

(In case people don't want to click on the news site and deal with all the vast amount of tracking cookie exceptions)

In summary... possible higher resolution, better display, DLSS... Switch Pro then?

Edited by S.C.G
  • Thanks 1

Putting the focus back on the original switch for a second, bask in my new joy-con shells light! I had broken the warrant on my original joy-cons, and had severe drifting problems on them. I ended up ordering new shells and joysticks, and finally took the time to mod it. Having the actual D-pad is incredibly nice, and will work wonders on indie and retro games. It works so well, and I can't understand why Nintendo hasn't released an official version with it by now. The SL and SR buttons are purple as well, of course.

xyYpGLF.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ArtMediocre said:

Putting the focus back on the original switch for a second, bask in my new joy-con shells light! I had broken the warrant on my original joy-cons, and had severe drifting problems on them. I ended up ordering new shells and joysticks, and finally took the time to mod it. Having the actual D-pad is incredibly nice, and will work wonders on indie and retro games. It works so well, and I can't understand why Nintendo hasn't released an official version with it by now. The SL and SR buttons are purple as well, of course.

:cool: Looks cool but the least you could do is give it a proper try! 

uc?export=view&id=1AI0I0tJL8RC4vNo7C4ZHl

:indeed: :santa: 

• Haha 1

There’s a Sonic the hedgehog direct/anniversary stream happening right now:

Sonic Colours Ultimate was just announced for several platforms including switch. It’s out this September 

Edited by Helmsly
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Helmsly said:

There’s a Sonic the hedgehog direct/anniversary stream happening right now:

Sonic Colours Ultimate was just announced for several platforms including switch. It’s out this September 

Was I the only one disappointed by this Sonic Direct?  While with Sonic Colours it’ll be nice to have a remake of a game with an ok reputation, the rest didn’t really warrant the Direct for me.

The Sonic model in the Tokyo 2020 games freaked me out rather, and the ‘reveal’ of the new Sonic game for 2022 revealed, well, nothing else. Although strongly hinted that Sonic would be running perhaps...?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

A Spanish outlet called Vandal, with some clout from their previous reports, has apparent info on the Switch Pro/Whatever™ from Chinese accessory manufacturers. 

Below is a translation, original article here

In the last hours, several prestigious international media such as Bloomberg or Eurogamer have assured that the announcement of the new Nintendo Switch model is imminent, and that it will take place before E3 2021, which begins on June 12. Now we offer you some unpublished details of the new Switch, which we have told you in our weekly Vandal Radio podcast, and which we are going to reproduce below.

All this information comes from an Asian peripheral manufacturer that has had access to the console and has already been able to see it, so almost all the details are from the aesthetic part and we do not know specific information about its internal hardware, beyond that It will offer 4K image output when connected to a television, as has been rumored for months.

The size of the console will be very similar to the original model, so it seems that it will be compatible with current Joy-Con as well as other types of peripherals. The screen will be larger, up to 7 inches, but without the body of the console having been increased, something that has been achieved by practically eliminating the black frames that surround the screen of the current model. A screen that will be OLED, as you can see, it was pointed out for a long time, so the image quality will be better than the current LCD screen.

A novelty in the body of the console will be that it replaces the current support to support it, somewhat flimsy, with a base that goes from side to side of the console and that will hold it more stable, similar to that found in some tablets such as the Surface Pro that you can see in the following image.

Another change is that the microSD card to expand the memory of the console no longer goes in the lower part, and this slot is now located on the side of the back, in a more accessible way, although again under the support to support it.

The new dock, the device with which we connect the console to the TV, will be very similar in size to the current one, although it will be a little wider at the rear, and will include two USB 3.0 ports, faster than the current 2.0 ports. The most outstanding novelty of the dock will be that it will have an ethernet network port, to be able to connect it by cable to the internet, something unprecedented in a Nintendo console since it has always been necessary to resort to peripherals to have this type of connectivity.

The various information that appeared yesterday pointed to an imminent announcement and a launch date for September or October. Our sources have told us that indeed the console is already in the final production process, but that the global launch is uncertain, and that it may not arrive in Europe until the end of November, and with a fairly limited number of consoles compared to previous brand launches. You already know the current semiconductor crisis that is affecting new generation consoles, and the new Switch is not going to get rid of them, as the president of the company himself recognized.

If the information of the last hours is true, the new Switch will be announced during the next two weeks, so we will solve all kinds of doubts about this new model of the Nintendo console that has been talking about for too long.

Ethernet port would be big, right? 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2