NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

14 hours ago, darksnowman said:

:cry:

@darksnowman i had that game Aeolis tournament on for about 3 hours trying to get an online game going but no one showed up. I have on now for 2 hour's ( it's 1:00am here ) . i suppose it might get online play if nintendo slow down game releases. also sorry i need to get the hang of replying on this site. the game came out in july last year. So maybe most people have played enough of it already. ???????????

Edited by euroninfan

12 hours ago, Pestneb said:

I was bored and considered actually getting a switch. looked at the games list. Looked at the games I have for my Wii U. Decided against it!

On the pro front...

Original switch was home console+handheld in one.

Switch Lite = handheld only

Could the switch pro be a home console only? effectively working like a gameboy upgrade (the newer console accepts old carts, but the new carts only fit in the new console?)

Then when tech is cheaper /able to be made more portable, release a hybrid

Then when its cheaper still, release the handheld lite version again?

I understand the arguments against it, but it would allow Nintendo to put something out there closer to the competition while tech becomes cheap and effective enough to create the more portable form factor.

Anyway, think I'll be looking a bit more at the switch successor, hope it comes out soon!

ill be honest i only have my switch cos i insisted on custody of it(with fair trade in return) from a mate as it's launch/g1 and I wanted to ensure access to a supposedly hard hackable switch(thr fact i say supposedly shows i did absolutely jack all about the hardhack vulnerability) and whilst I do super like it - its as a handheld. And actually I say super like it but...how much do I play? Very few retail games appeal to me. There's a good few eShop or even freemium games out there to entertain enough too.

And maybe that's the problem. The switch entertains, but for me it only seems to entertain *enough*. It's almost like my phone that isn't a phone for 10 minutes whilst I have to charge my phone. Or its the gaps in between rounds of games on my ps4. Or it's something I wake up to and do my freemium dailies on. Whatever it is; it seems to fill the gaps. Gaps are never really enough though.

content-4-36482-miitopiabanner.jpg

Miitopia gets a new trailer, showcasing Mii Sharing option and more

Now up on the main page. :D

Check the article for the press release and trailer.

- - - - -

Neo: The World Ends With You, the sequel seethe World Ends With You, is releasing on July 27th. Square Enix announced it with the below trailer:

Seeing the combat in motion, I'm not entirely sold on how it'll all play out but I loved the original so I'll likely give this a go down the line.

Thinking about selling my Switch. It's been sitting in its dock for months and I have no intention of using it again in the near/far future. No games on the horizon that interest me.

The only thing I'm "worried" about is: I'd lose my digital library if I never get another Nintendo console again, or if Nintendo won't make Switch games available on their true successor (not the rumoured "Pro").
But, one of my best friends might be interested. I could just give him access to my account.

Anyways, used consoles still sell for 250-300 on ebay in Germany, but for my friend I'd go cheaper than that :) Would be great as there'd be no hassle with shipping, etc.

Edited by drahkon
  • Sad 1

Well, a deal has been made :D A mate will buy my Switch.

I bought it in 2019...It's only been 1 1/2 years. Aside from the myriad of roguelites and indie games I enjoyed, none of the exclusives made me think that the console was worth it...the only video game device that has given me buyer's remorse, which is a shame...
I loved the N64 (even though I got it way after its time), GameCube and even the Wii...
The WiiU was a horrible outlier but even that one had a few gems.

For me, the Switch has a lackluster library of exclusives and bar Metroid Prime 4, there's nothing announced that interests me...

I gotta say...I've fallen out of love with Nintendo and I doubt they can get me back anytime soon :(

• Like 1

I was gonna make a topic on this but as it's currently only a rumour I'll bang it in here. My god I hope it's true - a Sonic Colo(u)rs remaster is potentially in the works! :bouncy:

Update: Sonic Colors Ultimate has been listed by French retailer Sogamely. If the retailer is to be believed, it’ll be on Switch and other platforms. The listing does not contain any concrete details and it’s unclear if there’s any correlation to the iksample discovery.

Original: Sonic Colors Remastered is rumored to be the works. That’s after a possible mention for the project was found on the website of iksample, a German dubbing studio. It’s listed with key art for Sonic Boom, though we assume that was a mistake.

According to iksample, the company is involved with localization. The original Sonic Colors did not have a German dub, so SEGA may want to include it in a potential remaster.

We do need to caution that there’s been no official announcement for Sonic Colors Remastered, and it’s always possible that nothing comes to fruition. If this is an actual product though, a Switch release is almost a certainty. Sonic doesn’t miss Nintendo platforms these days, and the original was a Wii exclusive (though the DS did receive a different title of its own).

via Nintendo Everything

Edited by Josh64
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Still have the original one on my backlog, waiting to get played. Maybe I'll do it close to this one's announcement/launch.

@Ronnie's dream game?

Didn't really know where else to put this but it would be a cool idea, although obviously never going to happen.

That would be cool. Since we've seen Cadence of Hyrule, I wouldn't be surprised to see some other Zelda-crossover this year but I would assume that they will go for a franchise with a broader appeal. 

9 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

That would be cool. Since we've seen Cadence of Hyrule, I wouldn't be surprised to see some other Zelda-crossover this year but I would assume that they will go for a franchise with a broader appeal. 

If they do, then it should take a leaf from Cadence of Hyrule's book and have a super goofy and squishy Lizalfos.

Actually, I think Lizalfos should be the litmus test for all Zelda cross-overs. If your IP can't have a dopey looking Lizalfos and feel natural, then it shouldn't be allowed to cross-over. Sorry, Darkest Dungeon. Lizalfos just isn't supposed to be macabre.

Sounds like you're looking for The Legend of Zelda x Lightest Lizalfos.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Glen-i said:

If they do, then it should take a leaf from Cadence of Hyrule's book and have a super goofy and squishy Lizalfos.

Actually, I think Lizalfos should be the litmus test for all Zelda cross-overs. If your IP can't have a dopey looking Lizalfos and feel natural, then it shouldn't be allowed to cross-over. Sorry, Darkest Dungeon. Lizalfos just isn't supposed to be macabre.

Lizalftsum Lizalftsum Festival incoming

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, markderoos said:

Lizalftsum Lizalftsum Festival incoming

I'd probably play that.

The world needs more rhythm games with the possibility of dancing lizards. Prove me wrong.

On 10/04/2021 at 10:44 PM, Ashley said:

@Ronnie's dream game?

Didn't really know where else to put this but it would be a cool idea, although obviously never going to happen.

Before the tweet loaded I knew what this was about :D yes please!!! Great artwork

On 09/04/2021 at 11:23 PM, drahkon said:

For me, the Switch has a lackluster library of exclusives

If only it was on par with the Vita's vast catalog of exclusives and first party support. 

Translated from an interview Nikkei did with Furukawa:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/nintendo-says-it-will-focus-on-more-original-game-series-in-the-future/

So more original IPs are a focus, new hardware should bring something new to the table and the Switch is still in the middle of its lifecycle (although I'd say a Switch Pro can definitely help to "extend the lifecycle").

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

If only it was on par with the Vita's vast catalog of exclusives and first party support. 

Can we not fire needless shots, please? Respect other people's preferences.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jonnas said:

Can we not fire needless shots, please? Respect other people's preferences.

I mean, I like a Vita joke as much as the next person, but that did feel like kicking a guy while he's down, @Ronnie.

It may be kinda niche, but it's a fantastic way of playing old PS1 games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I mean, I like a Vita joke as much as the next person, but that did feel like kicking a guy while he's down, @Ronnie.

It may be kinda niche, but it's a fantastic way of playing old PS1 games.

The Vita certainly was a fantastic way of playing old PS1 games.

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Vita was the best PSP there ever was.

No doubt no doubt. 

Completely unrelated (and not interesting enough to post in the game thread) I was listening to a podcast this morning and Marie Le Conté said that she had been WhatsApping someone in the House of Lords about Luigi's Mansion 3 and I'm really curious to know who it was.

Saw this earlier and thought "that colour looks nice" and I've just realised why I thought that; someone tweeted it's close to the GameCube purple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Mad GCN/GBA vibes.  I like it!

Doesn't exactly bode well for all the rumours about a Switch Pro coming any time soon though.

23 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Mad GCN/GBA vibes.  I like it!

Doesn't exactly bode well for all the rumours about a Switch Pro coming any time soon though.

They released that weird Wii Mini after the Wii U came out. I wouldn't hold much stock in Nintendo making sense 😋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1