NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

I would really like to see a sequel. I only picked up the first as it was early on in the Switch's life and I was going to a friend's and wanted a multiplayer and I ended up really liking it.

• Like 3

OMG it's happening :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Maybe

Hopefully

Edited by Ronnie

Wouldn't surprise me if it happened TBH.

But hey! It wouldn't be a Ubisoft-Nintendo collab if there wasn't some sort of leak!

• Like 1

I also wasn't too fussed about tMario x Rabbids but picked it up for cheap a few years after release as I was gonna be away for the weekend and wanted something to play on my Switch but it has become one of my favourite ever Switch games. The DK DLC was mostly incredible too, really fun fights, great music (Kirkhope finally back on DK!) and as beautiful as the base game, my only complaint was that I got sick to the stomach of the block puzzles by that stage lol. 

But yeah I really hope them rumours are true, I'd pick up a sequel in a heartbeat!

On a different note, I'm having serious issues with joycon drift in my right con (I'd already replaced a drifting left con a year ago lul) - I can't tell if I'm being dense and my search skills are lame or if Nintendo are being typically awkward but I can't find a single right joycon for sale first hand anywhere other than a red one on the Official UK Store. Do they really only sell joycons as doubles apart from that one? 

If anyone has advice on how to fix drift then that's also appreciated but I'm generally pretty terrible when it comes to any sort of repair so I do think it's likely I'll just have to shell out for another joyCON

5 hours ago, Josh64 said:

If anyone has advice on how to fix drift then that's also appreciated but I'm generally pretty terrible when it comes to any sort of repair so I do think it's likely I'll just have to shell out for another joyCON

Courtesy of @Londragon:

Have done this several times myself and can vouch for its effectiveness.

It's not a permanent solution, but it is the easiest and cheapest way to alleviate the problem. :)

• Thanks 4

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/interviews/interview-platinum-on-ps5-star-wars-and-forgetting-about-bayonetta/

Kamiya, here’s the inevitable Bayonetta 3 question: You were recently quoted as saying you’d like to provide a public update on the game this year. Is that right?

Kamiya: 
It’s not really our position to say, but… it’s January. We’ve got to have something come out, right? I guess it’s safe to expect that something will come out. There’s still a lot of the year left is what I’m saying.

By “update”, do you mean something more substantial than another CGI logo?

Kamiya: 
(Laughs) I understand it’s driving the fans crazy! In light of that, my suggestion would be that maybe we should all reset and forget about Bayonetta 3. Then when something finally does happen, it will be a nice surprise, won’t it?

Sounds like we're not gonna be seeing Bayonetta 3 any time soon...

I still reckon that it (along with Metroid Prime 4 and BOTW2) will end up being launch window titles for Switch 2 in 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Dcubed said:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/interviews/interview-platinum-on-ps5-star-wars-and-forgetting-about-bayonetta/

Sounds like we're not gonna be seeing Bayonetta 3 any time soon...

I still reckon that it (along with Metroid Prime 4 and BOTW2) will end up being launch window titles for Switch 2 in 2023.

He somehow manages to simultaneously tease that we'll get some substantial news on it this year and give off the feeling that it's in a situation which could be worse than Prime 4 (which would be saying something considering that had a full reboot on production).

I generally like to be optimistic about such things, but in Bayonetta 3's case, that's pretty hard to do! Prime 4 is in the same space in my mind, but I like that we actually got an update on that when things started to go sideways; I think it's tough to get the balance right between being a producer of entertainment and being transparent, but I still think Nintendo made the right move coming out and telling us what was up. Can you imagine if we'd only just got an update on it, and one as vague as this? People would be losing their minds! 

Breath of the Wild 2 I remain optimistic on, though. 35th anniversary of the series this year, 4 years on from the launch of the it's predecessor, it's the only one we've seen in-engine footage of (though engine reuse obviously isn't an option for the others as it is here) and (presumably) a lot of asset reuse. I imagine that they were at least targeting this year, though just how much that gets impacted by COVID and other factors (the reshuffling of other games in the upcoming Switch catalogue as a result of COVID perhaps above all else) I guess we'll see in the coming year.

Even if it doesn't make it out this year, I'd still like to expect that we get some sort of an update on it. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

On 27.1.2021 at 3:32 PM, Ashley said:

I would really like to see a sequel. I only picked up the first as it was early on in the Switch's life and I was going to a friend's and wanted a multiplayer and I ended up really liking it.

Unfortunately, it's already back to RabbidsOfficial. :( 

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

Unfortunately, it's already back to RabbidsOfficial. :( 

That only confirms that it was an unintentional leak.  They’re trying to cover up the evidence ;) 

Edited by Dcubed

On 29/01/2021 at 7:07 PM, RedShell said:

Courtesy of @Londragon:

Have done this several times myself and can vouch for its effectiveness.

It's not a permanent solution, but it is the easiest and cheapest way to alleviate the problem. :)

Thank you both!! Tried it earlier and it has worked a treat! Games with camera control with the right stick had become unplayable but it's good as new now! :bouncy:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Josh64 said:

Thank you both!! Tried it earlier and it has worked a treat! Games with camera control with the right stick had become unplayable but it's good as new now! :bouncy:

Another satisfied customer, :cheeky:.  Glad to hear it worked out.

• Like 1

Nintendo FY3/Q3 2021 earnings report is out, covering the period of 1st October 2020 - 31st December 2020. 

The Big Takeaways

- 11.57 million units sold this quarter between the Switch and Switch Lite, bringing lifetime sales for the Switch family to 79.87 million units sold. This means that the Switch family has surpassed the lifetime sales of the 3DS family (with lifetime sales of 75.94 million units sold) in just under 4 years! Year-to-date sales stand at a hearty 24.1 million units sold. 

- Off the back of this, Nintendo have once again upped their forecast for this Financial Year, from a projected 24 million units sold to 26.5 million units sold. 

- Nintendo is on track for their highest operating profit in a financial year ever. In FY 2009, they finished the FY with an operating profit of ¥555.26 billion with the DS and Wii; at the end of Q3 FY 2021, they are already sitting at ¥521.21 billion. 

- In terms of new games this quarter, it was reported last week that Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity had sold 3.5 million units in the same timeframe (with 2.84 million units being sold outside of Japan). Mario Kart: Live Home Circuit sold 1.04 million units. Pikmin 3 Deluxe is a super awkward case where it released on the eve of the last earnings report, but just to give an update on that, it has outdone all expectations (despite what to me seemed like it flying under the radar?) and sold 1.94 million units to date. 

- Other updates of note: Luigi's Mansion 3 is now at 9.13 million units sold, Ring Fit Adventure is at 8.68 million units sold, Super Mario 3D All-Stars is at 8.32 million units sold, Paper Mario: The Origami King is at 3.05 million units sold, and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is at 1.48 million units sold. 

- Animal Crossing: New Horizons has sold 19.41 million units this Financial Year thus far, selling 5.04 million units in Q3 alone. This bring it's total to a lofty 31.18 million units sold. 

- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe has nearly doubled its sales from its original version on the Wii U: 9.82 million units sold on the Switch compared with 5.81 million units sold on the Wii U. 

- Pokémon Sword/Pokémon Shield have become the first Pokémon games since Pokémon Gold/Pokémon Silver to surpass 20 million units sold, coming in at 20.35 million units sold. It still has a bit of a way to go to surpass Gold/Silver's haul of 23.1 million units sold and become the second-highest selling pairs in the series, selling 1.33 million units this quarter. 

Top 10 Best-selling Switch Games as of 31st December 2020

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 33.41M

2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 31.18M

3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 22.85M

4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 21.45M

5. Pokémon Sword/Pokémon Shield - 20.35M

6. Super Mario Odyssey - 20.23M

7. Super Mario Party - 13.82M

8. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! - 13.00M

9. Splatoon 2 - 11.90M

10. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 9.82M

Edited by Julius
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Julius said:

Pikmin 3 Deluxe is a super awkward case where it released on the eve of the last earnings report, but just to give an update on that, it has outdone all expectations (despite what to me seemed like it flying under the radar?) and sold 1.94 million units to date. 

Nah, mate, it's been getting TV adverts. I remember because I thought to myself "Claiming that fans of Animal Crossing would love Pikmin 3 has gotta be false advertising"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Nah, mate, it's been getting TV adverts. I remember because I thought to myself "Claiming that fans of Animal Crossing would love Pikmin 3 has gotta be false advertising"

Yeah, think I saw an ad or two for it as well. Maybe it's just anecdotal as I didn't see much chatter about it on here or elsewhere online, but either way, glad to see it doing quite well for itself! 

44 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I thought it was a bit odd as well, the game isn't as cute as it looks, but I suppose they're taking advantage of a big audience. ::shrug:

40 minutes ago, drahkon said:

13.82M people have been utterly disappointed :p

It's a lot of fun. For about 2 hours and then runs out of content.

80 million sold to date, guaranteed to pass the Wii at 100 mil now, probably won't reach the PS2/DS (150 mil) though, but you never know...

I saw Switch Lite has nearly outsold the Wii U which show how worlds apart these two generations have been.

49 minutes ago, euroninfan said:

So Mario kart for switch is selling very well .might buy it after  seeing those good sale numbers

Yeah, might have to comply too.

Nintendo Digital sales:

d1d55f77-705b-4868-9062-2af75d879aae.jpe

Animal Crossing is about to become the best selling Nintendo game of all time in Japan:

fa3597bc-673d-4328-814d-b3c1728f33d7.jpe

• Like 2

Excellent sales. By the end of the year, the Switch will overtake 3DS and Wii U combined sales too. Coupled with excellent software sales, Nintendo's stock must be higher than ever, espeially as this strategy is sustainable.

Bloomberg also doubled down on the Switch 2 / Pro / whatever you want to call it story today, again referencing 4K (as mentioned previously, it'll likely be through DLSS). The great thing about using mobile hardware is that, as Iwata said, Nintendo can aim to actually have more systems within the same family without a new system 'replacing' the previous one. I'm confident that we'll see a much more powerful variant later this year, with the OG Switch getting support for the next 3-4 years or so, at which point the revised model becomes the 'lower end' option in the family and there's a Switch 3 or whatever on the market. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Julius said:

Nintendo is on track for their highest operating profit in a financial year ever. In FY 2009, they finished the FY with an operating profit of ¥555.26 billion with the DS and Wii; at the end of Q3 FY 2021, they are already sitting at ¥521.21 billion. 

Wow. 

2 hours ago, euroninfan said:

So Mario kart for switch is selling very well .might buy it after  seeing those good sale numbers

2 hours ago, darksnowman said:

Yeah, might have to comply too.

Despite saying I wouldn’t buy the game again after these years, as already own it on Wii U, I picked it up on the recent eshop sale a few weeks back and I’m glad I did, I’m playing it pretty much every day since. It holds up so well it’s probably the best Mario Kart

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 1