NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

21 minutes ago, Ike said:

Which ones did you get rid of, better not have the the Ys games..?

Haha. Nah, I kept those. Although, looking at the trophy lists, I really should have just picked them up on the Switch instead. :D 

I sent back IronMan VR, Minecraft Dungeons and Dragon Ball Kakarot. 

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Haha. Nah, I kept those. Although, looking at the trophy lists, I really should have just picked them up on the Switch instead. :D 

I sent back IronMan VR, Minecraft Dungeons and Dragon Ball Kakarot. 

Good, good. *puts away ban hammer*

Shame about Kakarot, was interested in hearing your impressions about it as I'm a bit on the fence about it (tired of replaying the same story).

• Haha 1

Thought this was a fascinating little info-graphic which really highlights how well the Switch is doing.

uOy6GIn.jpg

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Lovely, not sure about the 45M Switch sales in 2020 though!! More like another 20-25 surely.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Lovely, not sure about the 45M Switch sales in 2020 though!! More like another 20-25 surely.

Yeah, dunno where they got that figure from. I do think it'll be 25M+ this year though. 

Clearly a mistake, Ninty quickly deleted it and released a short statement stating the correction.

My guess is that there were talks to release them on the WiiU VC, but they fell through for some reason. Ninty must have made a placeholder just in case, but then forgot to remove it.

I do hope that Microsoft these days are more open to releasing them on Switch, especially after Smash shenanigans.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

My guess is that there were talks to release them on the WiiU VC, but they fell through for some reason. Ninty must have made a placeholder just in case, but then forgot to remove it.

This was my assumption too. It’s interesting that these games nearly made it back to a Nintendo system at one point in time.

Placeholder seems like the most likely explanation but it's really interesting nonetheless. Given Nintendo's and Microsoft's good relationship over the past couple of years, it's not that farfetched to believe that these titles could find their way to Switch in some form.

Honestly, after the hugely positive reception of Banjo and Steve in Smash, and the relative success of Microsoft's Switch releases, I truly think some of Rare's Nintendo library coming to Switch is a matter of when, not if.

Not Goldeneye though, as big as that'd be, the licensing hell that comes with it will be too much of a barrier.

But Blast Corps? Banjo? Definitely.

Just now, Glen-i said:

Honestly, after the hugely positive reception of Banjo and Steve in Smash, and the relative success of Microsoft's Switch releases, I truly think some of Rare's Nintendo library coming to Switch is a matter of when, not if.

Not Goldeneye though, as big as that'd be, the licensing hell that comes with it will be too much of a barrier.

But Blast Corps? Banjo? Definitely.

I honestly don't understand the benefit MS get keeping Rare Replay locked away on Xbox. Surely that would easily be a million plus seller on Switch. 

22 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

I honestly don't understand the benefit MS get keeping Rare Replay locked away on Xbox. Surely that would easily be a million plus seller on Switch. 

It's possible that Nintendo might want some original games to help prop up their NES/SNES online apps.

Rare Replay also includes quite a few titles from after Microsoft bought out Rare. Perhaps Microsoft isn't that keen on quite a number of XBox titles coming to Switch in that bargain of a package?

Of course, pure conjecture on my part. Ideally, I'd want a tweaked "Rare Replay featuring guest star Nintendo" that includes Rare games that use Nintendo IP's such as StarFox Adventures and Donkey Kong 64. (Also, N64 version of Banjo-Tooie with not ruined Breegull Blaster controls)

EDIT: No! Wait! Call it "Rare Replay and their Smashing Friends" Perfect!

Edited by Glen-i

1 hour ago, Nicktendo said:

Yup. Money left on the table. Plus, Viva Piñata would finally get the audience it deserves.

I do wonder if it Rare Replay would even fit on a standard Switch cart? I can't remember how large the game was on the Xbox One, especially with updates and tweaks that got patched in.

Yeah Rare replay would be great to have on switch. I think at the very least they should port over the Rare Replay versions of Banjo Kazooie 1 & 2

Viva Piñata on Switch would be a dream come true. They've already made a DS version so they can do it again.

Was hoping Microsoft would get Rare to make a new one in Bugsnax's did well, but it going straight to Plus kinda dashed those dreams.

This talk of Viva Piñata has got me hoping for "lost" games like Kameo: Elements of Power, Perfect Dark Zero, Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Racing and Grabbed by the Ghoulies unlockable at Halloween.

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. Money left on the table. Plus, Viva Piñata would finally get the audience it deserves.

I do wonder if it Rare Replay would even fit on a standard Switch cart? I can't remember how large the game was on the Xbox One, especially with updates and tweaks that got patched in.

Just had a look on Google and the file size is around 12gb, excluding all the 360 games which would it would be impossible to fit on even a 32gb cart (they take the total over 50gb) but I think people would accept having to download all the larger games if it meant the rest of the package was on the cart. I'm pretty sure that's how it worked on Xbox One too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

This talk of Viva Piñata has got me hoping for "lost" games like Kameo: Elements of Power, Perfect Dark Zero, Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Racing and Grabbed by the Ghoulies unlockable at Halloween.

Kameo is a cracking game. It's one of my favourite launch titles across any console and I think the game doesn't get the respect it deserves. It's another example of a game that would have probably done better on a Nintendo platform.

• Thanks 2

I tried Crash Team Racing as it is on the free trial scheme at the moment. Two races and I am done with it. Not for me!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I tried Crash Team Racing as it is on the free trial scheme at the moment. Two races and I am done with it. Not for me!

I tried playing on the PS4 but I just couldn't get to grips with the drifting mechanic. Years of playing Mario Kart means that if it's slightly different then I have a real hard time adjusting to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I tried playing on the PS4 but I just couldn't get to grips with the drifting mechanic. Years of playing Mario Kart means that if it's slightly different then I have a real hard time adjusting to it.

Yeah, I was sort of getting the hang of it on the overworld but short of learning how to snake, I couldn't see how to win the races. Load times weren't great either--what about on PS4?

5 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Yeah, I was sort of getting the hang of it on the overworld but short of learning how to snake, I couldn't see how to win the races. Load times weren't great either--what about on PS4?

They weren't that bad but I dabbled with it on a PS4 Pro and after the initial patches had dropped. Apparently the load times on the Switch were even worse when the game first launched.

• Thanks 1

Yeah gave it a try but I couldn’t get used to the way drifting is in that game. Also what is up with making players flip through a 42 page terms of service before you can play? It’s a nice looking game though 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

For those of you into Limited Run Games releases, here's a 7 minute heads up: they're doing their annual blowout sale, which means last chance to get some of their releases from last year. This is all leftover stock. I think I'll try to grab one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Random Switch-related thought, but I wish they'd put the original RBY and Stadium on Switch as some kind of single purchase/collection and with working Dodrio mode.

Same for GSC and Stadium 2 for that matter.

• Like 1