NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

3 hours ago, Cube said:

I have Facebook set up with privacy set to "Only Me" for the Switch screenshots. I'm curious how the phone scanning will work.

It's the only reason I have a Twitter account. I only use it for Switch and PS4 screenshots. It's very easy to then just upload them anywhere using that.

Interesting, the Switch creates a local web server to serve the images to send to your device. I bet that'll get exploited somehow.

I hate how the Nintendo Switch Online icon is in a different style to the rest of the icons.

5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It's the only reason I have a Twitter account. I only use it for Switch and PS4 screenshots. It's very easy to then just upload them anywhere using that.

Twitter compresses images (and so does Facebook, I believe(?)) so in theory you should get better quality images if you send it direct to your device. If you're bothered about that anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

Twitter compresses images (and so does Facebook, I believe(?)) so in theory you should get better quality images if you send it direct to your device. If you're bothered about that anyway.

I am not. :p 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Ike said:

Interesting, the Switch creates a local web server to serve the images to send to your device. I bet that'll get exploited somehow.

I hate how the Nintendo Switch Online icon is in a different style to the rest of the icons.

Oh really? Yeah, that’s gonna end up resulting in piracy for sure.  It’s ALWAYS a web exploit that ends up doing them in...

9 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Oh really? Yeah, that’s gonna end up resulting in piracy for sure.  It’s ALWAYS a web exploit that ends up doing them in...

So... Next update will get rid of it then? Good to know.

• Haha 1

On 02/12/2020 at 7:41 PM, Nicktendo said:

Nice. Couldn’t make out all the games with the Japanese text, but it was clear Mario won lol. But damn, Animal Crossing shooting up right at the end there. 

Super interesting...

https://twitter.com/LuigiBlood/status/1334673225339514881

Looks like Fire Emblem SD&TBoL on Switch is actually a Wii U Virtual Console port! It's using the original Wii U Virtual Console emulator and not NERD's one they use on the NES Mini/NSO!

So it seems that this localisation has actually been done for years and Nintendo just decided to sit on it!  Also, this is the first time that they have actually ported over the Wii U VC emulator onto Switch! It doesn't use NERD's NES emulator!  So it is a proper VC release!

Supposedly the internal emulator name is the same one used between both NES and N64...

Also the English translation is being patched into the Japanese ROM on the fly in real time, so unfortunately it looks like it can't be easily extracted...

I bet they did this around the same time they released Earthbound Beginnings...

They probably had plans to start localising loads of other JPN only games... including Mother 3/Earthbound Endings...

I bet they have a full localisation already done and just waiting to be released...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Nintendo explained that the tournament "requires use of illegally copied versions of the game in conjunction with a mod called “Slippi” during their online event. Nintendo therefore contacted the tournament organizers to ask them to stop. They refused, leaving Nintendo no choice but to step in to protect its intellectual property and brands. Nintendo cannot condone or allow piracy of its intellectual property."

Sounds like the problem is them, not Nintendo.

• Like 1

Afternoon, has anyone picked up one of the new batch of the Animal Crossing Swiches?  I have now had three, all need to be returned since the left Joy-con has a faulty join at the bottom resulting in the Joycon being uncomfortable to hold, especially for long periods.  Anyone else had some issues?

• Sad 1

This time of year I always get in the mood to play Nintendo games. I guess it's because they have a history of big Christmas releases. That being the case, I decided to pick up some Switch games and delve into some Nintendo goodness over the festive period.

The other week I picked up a bunch of PS4 games that were on sale. I've played some of them already but they were a few I bought and whilst looking at them on the shelf I asked myself "Do I really want to play some of these?" Honestly, the answer was no. I returned a few of them this week and exchanged them for...

Epg5LUqXEAELuLe?format=jpg&name=large

What was a nice surprise is the reduction in price on both of these. Argos were selling Paper Mario for £35 and Amazon were selling the Mario collection for £36. I just picked up the Lego blind bag as an impulse purchase at Argos. It was only a couple of quid. :p 

Epg480bWMAAPnvu?format=jpg&name=large

I had more fun putting this little toy together than I care to admit. Problem is that now I've got one I kinda want them all. :D

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Should you be able to play the console docked even if the battery is drained? I'm sure you can but currently struggling but I may just be being dumb...

When I dock it the light briefly flashes but then it switches to handheld mode. 

So I just had to give it time. Was worried it was broken 🥴

48 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Should you be able to play the console docked even if the battery is drained? I'm sure you can but currently struggling but I may just be being dumb...

When I dock it the light briefly flashes but then it switches to handheld mode. 

So I just had to give it time. Was worried it was broken 🥴

If the battery is completely drained it'll need a bit of juice before it comes on most likely.

12 minutes ago, Ike said:

If the battery is completely drained it'll need a bit of juice before it comes on most likely.

Yeah that was the case, I just had in my head it'll be fine and then was worried it was broken 😅

On 18/12/2020 at 11:07 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

The other week I picked up a bunch of PS4 games that were on sale. I've played some of them already but they were a few I bought and whilst looking at them on the shelf I asked myself "Do I really want to play some of these?" Honestly, the answer was no.

Which ones did you get rid of, better not have the the Ys games..?